Harrier Issues - Fix?

Elliottc26

Hello,

I fly the Harrier all the time, and was wondering when the following issues are to be resolved?

1. Mass Dust / Spray effect on carrier when looking over shoulders

2. Mavericks IRMV seems to be bugged

3. Sidearm HUD display - retical over target instead of to the left side of display

4. UFC - be fully functional for IFF, Waypoints, TOT, and others

5. CCIP marker seems to be off target to where bombs hit - realism or broke?

6. Flight Model - people seem to be able to do 70 deg nose high spins whilst hovering, plus can go into "Shuttle Launch" mode

However, been enjoying this module 5 days a week since launch, just need more system depth now to fully immerse...

Many thanks,

Chris :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gumbo's Flying Circus - Visit Twitch to Watch!

PC Specs: 2700x @ 4Ghz, 32Gb 3200 DDR4, 8GB Palit RTX 2080, Intel SSD7 NvMe, Samsung 860 Evo SSD, AOC G2460PF 144hz 1ms 1080p Freesync monitor, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackHat :pilotfly:

Hello,

I fly the Harrier all the time, and was wondering when the following issues are to be resolved?

1. Mass Dust / Spray effect on carrier when looking over shoulders

2. Mavericks IRMV seems to be bugged

3. Sidearm HUD display - retical over target instead of to the left side of display

4. UFC - be fully functional for IFF, Waypoints, TOT, and others

5. CCIP marker seems to be off target to where bombs hit - realism or broke?

6. Flight Model - people seem to be able to do 70 deg nose high spins whilst hovering, plus can go into "Shuttle Launch" mode

However, been enjoying this module 5 days a week since launch, just need more system depth now to fully immerse...

Many thanks,

Chris :thumbup:

Not certain about the others, but #2 IRMV bug has already been acknowledged and fixed, and will be released with the next update to DCS 2.5.

I will add one thing to that list....I am not sure if it is my flying technique, real aircraft behavior, or a bug, but when flying, even in autopilot, straight & level, below 300 kts, the plane can take a 45 deg or more sudden dive off to the left or right causing usually a spin that is often unrecoverable. As I do not fly this in RL I do not know if this behavior is "normal" for the real aircraft. Just thought I'd mention it. I do not believe this to be an out of balance condition, as I have observed this behavior even when no stores are on the aircraft.

Not certain about the others, but #2 IRMV bug has already been acknowledged and fixed, and will be released with the next update to DCS 2.5.

when can we expect the next update tho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

ED says it is in testing. I am guessing maybe next week? The way it works is the developers submit their fixes to Eagle Dynamics and the fixes come in a larger package fixing multiple things at once for all modules. They also include fixes for DCS World.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

when can we expect the next update tho

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151478&page=14

According to their last post here, they are testing an update now. ED only releases updates on Wednesdays and Fridays, but to my knowledge, it has never been ED's policy to announce a regular update before it is released. They will make an update public when they're ready to.

Basically, if there is no update on Wednesday, check again Friday. If still no update, check again the following Wednesday, etc., etc.

It can be frustrating, especially if a module you own has something major broken, but I'm confident that ED is moving as fast as they can to get bugs squashed and updates released to us.

I have a feeling that the next update will also feature the Persian Gulf Map release. I have no solid info on that, just what I am thinking.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I have a feeling that the next update will also feature the Persian Gulf Map release. I have no solid info on that, just what I am thinking.

Personally, I feel like this update (bug fix) will be released on Wednesday, since they posted about testing the new build on Friday, with no update released. The Persian Gulf map will almost certainly be released on a Friday, since ED seems to release just about any and all new products on Fridays... so maybe on Wednesday the 9th, small release for bug fixes, but Friday the 11th would be for something big.

I'm like you. I can't help but feel a disturbance in the Force that makes me believe the Persian Gulf and/or Hornet EA are really really close... though the Hornet will probably be later, as Wags still needs to do an update video on some system or another after he returns from Moscow. That will probably happen Friday at the soonest.

ED says it is in testing. I am guessing maybe next week? The way it works is the developers submit their fixes to Eagle Dynamics and the fixes come in a larger package fixing multiple things at once for all modules. They also include fixes for DCS World.

Sorry maybe I did not write it clear. Razbam submits their bug fixes and updates to ED. Then ED releases them. Razbam cannot release a bug fix on their own.

Personally, I feel like this update (bug fix) will be released on Wednesday, since they posted about testing the new build on Friday, with no update released. The Persian Gulf map will almost certainly be released on a Friday, since ED seems to release just about any and all new products on Fridays... so maybe on Wednesday the 9th, small release for bug fixes, but Friday the 11th would be for something big.

I'm like you. I can't help but feel a disturbance in the Force that makes me believe the Persian Gulf and/or Hornet EA are really really close... though the Hornet will probably be later, as Wags still needs to do an update video on some system or another after he returns from Moscow. That will probably happen Friday at the soonest.

Didnt ED say Persian gulf and Hornet were being released at the end of spring? or am i wrong on this assumption I could have sworn I read that somewhere

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

Didnt ED say Persian gulf and Hornet were being released at the end of spring? or am i wrong on this assumption I could have sworn I read that somewhere

They did. I was just speculating off my gut feeling that maybe they would surprise us with an early release of one and/or the other.

In hindsight, it was probably those convenience store chili dogs I ate. They give a surprisingly similar gut feeling before the porcelain blitz.

They did. I was just speculating off my gut feeling that maybe they would surprise us with an early release of one and/or the other.

In hindsight, it was probably those convenience store chili dogs I ate. They give a surprisingly similar gut feeling before the porcelain blitz.

lolol. well either way I hope ur gut feeling is right. i'm dying waiting for the PG map release and hornet obvs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

lolol. well either way I hope ur gut feeling is right. i'm dying waiting for the PG map release and hornet obvs

Same here!! I'm still a little short financially of pre-ordering the Hornet, but I've already preordered the PG map, and I can't wait to fly over an authentic desert battlefield in the Hawg and Harrier, at least.