2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Hi,

Some great news, but also some bad.

People are already praising the nice points like graphical and AI improvements and I am too, but Channel map, are you serious?

Even though the pictures look amazing and it seems to be of outstanding quality, it's still a bit disappointing. I mean, you can keep saying it's another map, but it's the same stuff we already got : Parts of northern France and Southern England. Would have been nice if it had been some different theater, like Eastern Front, Germany or North Africa. TBH, I really can't understand that choice.

Furthermore, many of the 'new' areas are already included in the existing Normandy map, but to a level of detail that is just annoying, considering the money we are to put into the wk2 part of the game. So instead of delivering these areas we already bought with another scenery, it looks like they are sold again. Don't get me wrong, I'd happily pay a premium for a Normandy 2.0 remake if it was clearly labeled like this and include some quality content. But selling the same areas twice seems kinda fishy.

The other point is that carrier discount for hornet owners. Like there is no discount. Only if we wait until the carrier comes out of early access? That might be another two years? You must be joking. The Hornet was always marketed with the statement that there would be a discount for the carrier. If I got it right, in the early days it was said that the carrier would be delivered 'soon', not even mentioning a price, so people even thought it might be free.

And now you're like : want a discount? Yeah, wait another two years, until then you'll just be treated like everybody else? Maybe you should reconsider this.

Just my two cents,

Bonzo :pilotfly:

i agree that we need finally a cold war playground and no ww2. . . this would be the most admired scenario for the absolutely biggest part of dcs users i guess. . .

i agree that we need finally a cold war playground and no ww2. . . this would be the most admired scenario for the absolutely biggest part of dcs users i guess. . .

What is a cold War playground exactly? Langley, Moscow, DC? If we get Syria from 3rd Party, that opens up the play style (more desert not in the US), same with Afghanistan. I wouldn't want any map that I could utilize all the assets I have purchased. Bring on the Channel map, mixed with the free Marianas Islands, more area to play in.

And as a hornet owner, I'm still pre-ordering the Nimitz, so no sweet off my back there.

You will not see it, as I understand it, the mission will still work, but the unit will not be there. But we will see once it gets closer to release.

Hi.

Why the Arleigh Burke is a payware AI ? Will it include more features than other AI ships ? If yes, which ones ?

Edited by diditopgun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Nineline/ED, that's a crazy amount of projects. Very ambitious, I like it. Can't wait for all of the things listed today, it's pretty mind bending the number of new products coming, not to mention the new aircraft modules in the works.

You keep making it, I'll keep buying it.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Yeah, so there won't be any advantage for Hornet EA customers for the next two or three years.

Perhaps, i don’t Know. But the question is why hornet owner have to buy russian carrier and su33 in order to have US carrier ? It is only to add more expensive price ?

• ED Team
Perhaps, i don’t Know. But the question is why hornet owner have to buy russian carrier and su33 in order to have US carrier ? It is only to add more expensive price ?

You have not been told a price yet, we will in due course.

Wait until you know the price and decide if you want to purchase or not then, having extra assets like the Kuznetzov and Arleigh Burke included in the module will be good value for those that do. Hopefully you will feel the same.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You have not been told a price yet, we will in due course.

Wait until you know the price and decide if you want to purchase or not then, having extra assets like the Kuznetzov and Arleigh Burke included in the module will be good value for those that do. Hopefully you will feel the same.

I hope it will not more than combined arms module. I will see on 17th....

Yeah, so there won't be any advantage for Hornet EA customers for the next two or three years.

x% off is not an advantage? :huh:

Or do you mean, "no advantage over other customers"? What would be the point in comparing you to others? Is your gain less worth just because others can enjoy it as well?

Wow what an update, watching like a freaked out hawk, then I choked on coffee right here

"There are other units we hope to revisit to like the B-52H, C-17A, Tu-95, and others."
Even my little personal favourite things got the mention YAAAY! :thumbup:

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I'm perplexed by your reasoning... You get the Russian carrier for no additional cost if you buy the super carrier module and you complain? Would you feel better if they never told you that it includes the Russian carrier but would sell it to you at the same price? Weird ...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

• ED Team
Hi,

Some great news, but also some bad.

People are already praising the nice points like graphical and AI improvements and I am too, but Channel map, are you serious?

Even though the pictures look amazing and it seems to be of outstanding quality, it's still a bit disappointing. I mean, you can keep saying it's another map, but it's the same stuff we already got : Parts of northern France and Southern England. Would have been nice if it had been some different theater, like Eastern Front, Germany or North Africa. TBH, I really can't understand that choice.

Furthermore, many of the 'new' areas are already included in the existing Normandy map, but to a level of detail that is just annoying, considering the money we are to put into the wk2 part of the game. So instead of delivering these areas we already bought with another scenery, it looks like they are sold again. Don't get me wrong, I'd happily pay a premium for a Normandy 2.0 remake if it was clearly labeled like this and include some quality content. But selling the same areas twice seems kinda fishy.

The other point is that carrier discount for hornet owners. Like there is no discount. Only if we wait until the carrier comes out of early access? That might be another two years? You must be joking. The Hornet was always marketed with the statement that there would be a discount for the carrier. If I got it right, in the early days it was said that the carrier would be delivered 'soon', not even mentioning a price, so people even thought it might be free.

And now you're like : want a discount? Yeah, wait another two years, until then you'll just be treated like everybody else? Maybe you should reconsider this.

Just my two cents,

Bonzo :pilotfly:

First, the Channel map is much different, maybe you dont own the Normandy map and dont realize that the UK side of the map is not detailed at all, the airfields are not recreated historically, the Normandy Map focus was France alone, with the UK fields added later, and again, not historically accurate.

The Channel map adds highly detailed areas in not only France, but the UK, it opens many gameplay options, historical and otherwise. It is a different location, yes I would love Malta or something like that someday, but for this plane set, this area still as a lot of untapped potentials. The areas you speak of that are "annoying" in the Normandy map are outside the detailed area of the map, and due to performance concerns, it really can't be made much bigger at this time. Not to mention Normandy is a 3rd Party map and The Channel is ED.

For the Supercarrier, what is this about waiting 2 years? The fact is everyone gets a discount in Pre-order and Early Access, then after release Hornet owners continue to get a discount while others dont, I dont think Hornet owners are being disrespected at all.

Thanks

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

For the Supercarrier, what is this about waiting 2 years? The fact is everyone gets a discount in Pre-order and Early Access, then after release Hornet owners continue to get a discount while others dont, I dont think Hornet owners are being disrespected at all.

Thanks

Hm, this is kind of confusing. So you're saying the general discount won't end with the start of Early Access this time? That would be a first, wouldn't it?

I guess I'll just wait for a week, all should be clear when the Presale starts next friday I hope.

30% off during Presale is quite generous btw! :)

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• ED Team
Hm, this is kind of confusing. So you're saying the general discount won't end with the start of Early Access this time? That would be a first, wouldn't it?

I guess I'll just wait for a week, all should be clear when the Presale starts next friday I hope.

Yes, Early Access will still have a discount, and yes, it's new, I don't think many EA's for us have had a discount.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yes, Early Access will still have a discount, and yes, it's new, I don't think many EA's for us have had a discount.

Great, thanks! :thumbup:

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

The fact is everyone gets a discount in Pre-order and Early Access, then after release Hornet owners continue to get a discount while others dont, I dont think Hornet owners are being disrespected at all.

Thanks

Why don't Hornet owners get an additional discount on the EA-discount in the carrier's EA?

Hornet owners only have an advantage if they buy the carrier module after the final release..

• ED Team
Why don't Hornet owners get an additional discount on the EA-discount in the carrier's EA?

Hornet owners only have an advantage if they buy the carrier module after the final release..

We think the discounts we are giving for the carrier in Pre-Purchase and EA are very fair to all involved.

64Sig.png

• ED Team
Hi Nineline, thanks for responding to my post. Actually I got all the maps, and I've been flying over Southern England so I noticed the lack of detail, lots of places and key landmarks missing. But I was hoping that these places might be improved one by one, just like I was very happy with the improvements made to this map before Christmas.

It might be a different map, but you have to agree that it is still very simmilar to what we already got with Normandy. It's not just simmilar, a lot of areas even gonna be the same, only detailed.

About the discount : I was expecting that Hornet owners would get a discount from the start. But as I understand you, there will be no discount on day one. There will be, but it will be the same one like for everybody else. So if somebody got the Hornet before, it doesn't make any difference.

Two years because it will only come into effect after the early access period of the Supercarrier. And early access may take two years and longer. We all know that.

Its up to the 3rd Party that did the Normandy map to add more, and I don't think there is much more they will do now. There is still a lot of the UK and Western Europe that I want to see modelled, yes one day I hope for a global map, but until then, we need to live in these small sections, which, in the grand scheme are not that smalled compared to similar products out there, and I might add, a lot of similar products do the same thing, stay in the same, similar areas, it makes sense to utilize the current plane set.

Hornet Owners get a discount at day one, it's just the same as everyone else, the only difference is when the SUpercarrier is in full release, Hornet owners will still have a discount and others won't.

So Hornet Owners win more than anyone on this.

64Sig.png

I've just read the newsetter announcing a new ATC feature with separate frequencies for ground, tower, departure and approach. This is great news, BUT it will be a big problem for WWII content. Is there any way not to implement it for WWII airfields, or even better, have the options to turn it off, or make all use the same frequency?

As for the new cloud system: currently the non-dynamic clouds only render up to a certain distance from the spawn point, forcing mission maakers to use the much harder to control dynamic weather option. Will this change with the new weather engine?

Thanks!

Why don't you find something ridiculous to complain about?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2