[REPORTED] Fuel warning lights changed

Siegfried

Red equals bad time to go home, the white light is what you see before you run out of fuel and die lol. I looked at it that way and never had the white light come on again.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 4 weeks later...

The lights are wrong, from original manual of the FW190D-9:

The white light means "Umschaltwarnung", there are only 10 liters left in the rear tank -> rear fuel pump off and fuel lever to rear tank closed position.

The red light means, there are 80 liters left in the forward tank (ca. 15min of flighttime left).

If the red light comes first, close forward tank and shut off the forward fuel pump. Empty the rear tank until the white light appears. Forward fuel pump on and fuel lever to rear tank closed position/shut off rear fuel pump. 15min flightime left.

Edited by Flying-Kane

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

Until Normandy comes out there isn't really much need to use the lights unless you're doing full 2 hour flights to the channel and back home.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

Hi Elmo,

yeah i know, but this is a sim, so all systems should be modeled as correct as possible. ;)

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

LOL sounds like ED's mantra of everything is subject to change so hurry up and wait lol. Yeah small things I think can wait for now but eventually should be addressed. At first everyone was up in arms at the color scheme on the k4 because no unit bore those colors of yellow and red and where equipped with the k4. Anywho PM me, we should get together sometime and fly on the DOW

The lights are wrong, from original manual of the FW190D-9:

The white light means "Umschaltwarnung", there are only 10 liters left in the rear tank -> rear fuel pump off and fuel lever to rear tank closed position.

The red light means, there are 80 liters left in the forward tank (ca. 15min of flighttime left).

If the red light comes first, close forward tank and shut off the forward fuel pump. Empty the rear tank until the white light appears. Forward fuel pump on and fuel lever to rear tank closed position/shut off rear fuel pump. 15min flightime left.

Are you saying that I was correct in my guessing? I deleted my OP because I think I was wrong.

It's logical, red is more danger that white but...

Anyway, someone in russian forum I had read that the central position of fuel indicator is used for voltage using the red colouring mark "V". That's correct in your manual? It's true that FW190 and Bf109 had not any indicator for battery charge or voltage. Maybe this are the indicators.

The "V" could also stand for "Vorrat(sanzeiger)".

I am starting to think the upper warning light (forward/vorn) should be red instead of white and the lower warning light (rear/hinten) should be white instead of red.

Does anyone have photos that can prove which was the red and which the white light?

468567271_ManualP_123.png.730f8776fc9a9c7acccea1667deab055.png

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Hi guys,

to sum it up:

red is for front tank - 15min flightime (ca. 80 liters left)

white is for rear tank - Umschaltwarnung/switch over warning (ca. 10 liters left)

Normally, the rear tank is emptied first, so the white light comes first -> after that, switch over to front tank. The red light means: RTB.

The FW190A-8 had the same fuel warning lights (red and white).

In the Bf109, the fuel warning light is red, too.

Edited by Flying-Kane
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

to sum it up:

red is for front tank - 15min flightime (ca. 80 liters left)

white is for rear tank - Umschaltwarnung/switch over warning (ca. 10 liters left)

Normally, the rear tank is emptied first, so the white light comes first -> after that, switch over to front tank. The red light means: RTB.

The same warning lights were used in the Anton.

In the Bf109, the fuel warning light is red, too.

Thank you.

Do we know for sure that the upper warning light should be the red one (illuminating when only 80l are in the forward tank) and the bottom warning light should be the white one (10l remaining in the rear tank)?

The labels "vorn" (forward) and "hinten" (rear) could be wrong or have a different meaning.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

I have reported this issue to the devs (ticket #30279).

I think correct implementation should be as follows:

Return-to-base warning:

A fuel low level device fitted in the forward tank causes the top red (fuel low) warning light labeled "vorn" to illuminate when the contents of the forward tank fall to 80 liters.

Tank switch-over warning ("Umschaltwarnung"):

A fuel low level device fitted in the rear tank causes the bottom white (rear tank switch-over) warning light labeled "hinten" to illuminate when the contents of the rear tank fall to 10 liters.

Thanks for your help.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU