ABRIS showing Surface threats

With the renewed interest into the Ka-50 with the upgrade model coming, I wanted to put the suggestion out for modifying the ABRIS which currently shows all threats in a mission. Surely it is not the intention of ED to simulate a "god's eye view" of all threats on the battlefield. As it stands, when playing on a multiplayer server the Ka-50 has become a bit of a cheat. Need to know what kind of threats remain, even down to the smallest AAA unit, or MANPAD? Put electric power on, turn on ABRIS, mark coordinates. It's pretty cheat-y.

Suggestion for a more elegant implementation:

- Only allow classification of larger, less mobile sams to show on the abris. Highly mobile units that are hidden in towns or trees should not be shown to the player.

- Allow the option via mission editor to display the unit on the ABRIS, or as I believe is done in the Hornet, units marked as visible are the only ones to show on the F-18 SA page.

I hope some consideration is given to what I think is the most game breaking issue for multiplayer in the Ka50.

With the renewed interest into the Ka-50 with the upgrade model coming, I wanted to put the suggestion out for modifying the ABRIS which currently shows all threats in a mission. Surely it is not the intention of ED to simulate a "god's eye view" of all threats on the battlefield.

The ABRIS is programambe before the flight, so you pull the latest intelligence reports from the threats locations etc and you program them to its memory. That way you will get the threat ranges by types etc there.

Suggestion for a more elegant implementation:

- Only allow classification of larger, less mobile sams to show on the abris. Highly mobile units that are hidden in towns or trees should not be shown to the player.

Nothing is denying the highly mobile units to be added to the ABRIS as "Other" target type. It is just that the information can be old when you arrive on the area. And if you want to add something, you need to find or hear the update and add it there by yourself unless over datalink (from recon teams on ground etc).

It is not realistic that you can't have a found MANPADS team added to ABRIS because it is smaller than a SAM vehicle.

- Allow the option via mission editor to display the unit on the ABRIS, or as I believe is done in the Hornet, units marked as visible are the only ones to show on the F-18 SA page.

That "visible" tag should be there so it is not already known by the enemy intelligence. We same way should have a "false target" possible be added to map, as a sign of the intelligence reports delay and old information. So it is not just that if there is something, it is correct, if there is not something, it is hidden. There should be as well lots of old information that you don't know to be true or invalid. So all information is invalid until otherwise found.

I hope some consideration is given to what I think is the most game breaking issue for multiplayer in the Ka50.

The most game breaking things are lack of datalink connection to ground recon troops and false information as mentioned above, and the actual radio communications with the ground troops via radio, visually with smoke grenades, flares etc.

Example, you should be able to listen the ground troops radio communications while you are offering support, get the updates from their waypoints and their status and spottings. And when they spot enemy, they would call you with your callsign, request support, give their location by the map instead coordinates only. So you need to example find the town named Y. And then they tell their position X kilometers from that town Y to direction of X. Then when you are closer them, they would signal their position with smoke, or give you visual point from where to find the enemy, example: "Enemy tank, one kilometer from the red smoke, heading 115". So when you see the red smoke, you know that from one kilometer from it you will find a enemy tank at 115 direction.

You can as well listen the radio when the ground units gets contact and is engaged, they would signal their location, the range and heading of the enemy etc.

All kind things without ever inputting any coordinates or playing around with anything else than listening radio, looking compass and map and then looking outside of the cockpit.

And for anything game breaking in DCS is the lack of correct military unit hierarchy. So you don't make a group, but you make a company that has the platoons and they have squads and they have teams and pairs. So there would be lots of infantry going on, fighting, avoiding getting killed etc. So that there is actual big war going on and interesting MP combats as anywhere can be MANPADS or AAA ready to kill anything that flies below 4000 meters.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.