South Atlantic Terrain - Work In Progress

SUNTSAG

Fabulous in that case covering the time I was down south. ????

We should at least get MPA, Mare harbour and the radar sites then. Quite a few of the roads weren’t built until 2000, well apart from the Stanley road. ( Wonder if they will include a crazy bus driver thundering Down the road between Stanley and MPA then ;) )

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, for the exact reason I listed above it is the perfect(!) example.

As you said Heatblur/Leatherneck made it this way because it is designed(!) to do it, not because it ever dropped them.

The same people praising the MiG-21 and other modules for their "realism" get upset when others ask for "GBU-12" on for example the F-5E (a simple Mk-82 with a guidance kit that is set to laser frequency buy the ground crew), arguing that particular plane never "used" that type of bomb IRL.

They fly happily in A-10Cs over Georgia and drop GBU-12 on Russian Forces while changing Laser codes on their LGBs...

If we strife for 100% realism, the A-10C should only fly over Nevada?

I personally am very much in favor of a more versatile armament for the planes oriented on capabilities, and less on "what we can prove with photos".

It is different when designing realistic missions, that's were realistic loadouts come into play.

But as South Atlantic can't be 100% realistic by design, if we use the current planes, we either setup a totally fictious conflict, with modern weaponry or we try to limit the existing models to a 1980ies loadout.

I am totally here with you, shagrat.

This is also a reason why I was for this one:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=203166&page=4

After that being closed in a not so friendly way, I was quite frustrated by the community.

Why do people get so upset by a 'request'.

I mean, they don't loose anything by let other people get something...

After all it is all editable by the mission builder. I guess I will write another post into the Belsimtek Forum about that one...

Alias in Discord: Mailman