Interesting RAZBAM news

Silver_Dragon

I just reread the "What is DCS" post, and the distinction may be fuzzy. I cropped the unnecessary stuff and bolded for emphasis. It looks like the T-2 is a partner product to me.

Until it say's "ED Partner" under their forum name instead of "3rd Party Developer" they're a 3rd party IMO.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that tandem-seat Pilatus? Wow, I would like to try that baby! But I'm not sure, because plane on those pics have cranked wings and an arch at the front of the windshield. Maybe some early version?

Edited by Suchacz

Is that tandem-seat Pilatus? Wow, I would like to try that baby! But I'm not sure, because plane on those pics have cranked wings and an arch at the front of the windshield. Maybe some early version?

It's not the Pilatus PC-9, you can tell because it has the fin on the underside and the canopy is slightly different at the front (the PC9 doesn't have a canopy bow at the front). Its the T-6 texan II by the looks of things.

I've not had a chance to fly the Texan but I've got some hours up on the PC-9, avionics are a bit dated especially when compared to the former (would be good to have the 'green stuff') but it is good fun!

Edited by MudRat02

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd like it if they didn't start making 50 aircraft before even progressing very far with one...

Well, i think we are not giving the correct message or it´s not understandable.

We do have a lineup, and we do have some different 3d developers (myself included), each one to their own project.Currently, the T-2 is very far into development, sure it might not be a popular one, but will cover a need into the sim. The T-6 TexanII you see here is being developed by Jose Valdez, and the M2000C by Tim Taylor, both, will see the light of the day in DCS, but at their own time.By the moment the T-2 is out, we must have the basics(3d mesh work for both exterior and cockpit, mapping/texturing, animations) for the next project ready so the tedious and complicated process of coding into it can begin and so on, that way, we can have a fluid production line.What you´re seeing is part of that process while is being done, we can always change this and simply show nothing.Like i already stated, we are doing incremental developments as the source code evolves, this means we have to adapt our production line up with what we currently have available.

Best regards

Prowler

• Like 1

Again the "Not Military don't want" argument.

Does no one here, other than those of us who have flown military and civil, understand that the rules are the same and before you're let loose on a Military aircraft you learn in one that's not much different from a civil one.

The laws of physics don't suddenly change when you hang ordnance under the airframe...

Sometimes the pleasure of flying alone is worthwhile enough to me that I don't want to worry about the RWR screaming at me or having to dodge Shilka's. Now some will say of that "Go do it in FSX or X-PLane 10 then". No, Id rather do it in the same environment that I will later fly combat in and with the same flight model fidelity as I'm used to on DCS. Simple really.

If you don't want it don't buy it, but I think you will be missing out on some good training time in the Sim.

J.

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

Ex RAF Aircrew, Real Life Pilot, proud Geek and father of one :)

Spectre,

I think you'll find the laws of physics are static and don't change.

There is effect on the aircraft based on weight, drag and other factors but that's not the laws of physics changing, that's the laws of physics in effect.

Anyway, this isn't Aerodynamics 101 and as above its off topic anyway.

I'm still in favour of civil based aircraft either way and there is still the if you don't want em don't buy em argument. The way I see it the more there is in DCS World the more chance its got to survive in the difficult climate of business case vs simulation cost. It may not be perfect but its the best so far at trying to build a world thats expandable and can be populated by more and more aircraft/vehicles/terrain.

Everyone argues for a persistent world on a persistent server which would be nice. That said imagine logging into that persistent world and waiting for the other 100 folks ahead to start, taxi and depart from every airport on the system. Its bad enough in real life being stuck in a departure queue or trying to get that last required touch and go in but at least you know everyone in the real world ahead knows what they're doing, isn't going to crash on approach or block the runway and have everyone else waiting for hours...

J.

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

Looking really good Silver Dragon. Nice jet.

J.