Do you mostly play Single player or Multiplayer?

Frag

Do you mostly play Single player or Multiplayer?  

423 members have voted

1. 1. Do you mostly play Single player or Multiplayer?

• Single player
    • Multiplayer

I can see why Multiplayer is not played by many (I only play MP) the MP interface is basic, its dated and ED do not host any servers and expect other people to carry that cost. IMO any game I play today, the developer has servers. I don't understand why ED do not.

Also MP need to have the ability to be more dynamic, same static targets and clear blue weather etc gets boring after a while.

There was a time when I played MP more than SP but unfortunately best servers are closed ones. I know because I played closed and open ones. In the open ones you can't escape the Quake Arena feeling especially when you enter alone. Which is not something I hold against DCS. It is mostly how the mission is designed and how many planes are available for achieving the objective. But then if you limit the plane set then not many people will join. Is a fine balance. I would like to see missions being won when you actually hold objectives for a certain period and then regenerated. Number for people playing SP is not a surprise, in fact I thought SP will be 2/3 compared with MP. That would probably make a stronger case for some kind of offline campaign engine which I understand ED is working on. Time will tell. SP is for me these days (when I do play)

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

There was a time, some years ago now when I flew with a well organised Squadron that had it's server in Australia. There were many members from many countries and that was a blast!!

The squad was however accused of cheating by visitors when we applied some well practised strategies and of course there were always the cowboys who would lurk around air strips/ports to take out pilots as the took off and generally missile spammed.

After an absence I don't really look forward to the prospect of going in blind to a server for a session of Air Quake!!!

So, these days it's 100% SP.

| FC3 | KA-50 | A-10C | MIG-21Bis | F-86F | UH-1H | HAWK T.1A | F/A-18C | AV-8B N\A | F-14B | F-16C | AJS-37 | CA | NEVADA | PERSIAN GULF | SUPER CARRIER | SYRIA

About 50% 50%

I wish I had more time to commit to a real squadron doing proper carrier ops.

But my job &life don't allow me enough time.

So I just make casual F14 CAP flights ok blueflag.

I don't push for the kill, I just hang out over the defended objective, sometimes I end up with a few splashs.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Singleplayer only for the test, i love and prefer the multiplayer,

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

All single player for me. I have limited gaming time, usually 45 minutes at a time, so usually do instant action or single missions. I'm also not very social and don't enjoy multiplayer in most games. Gaming is a solo activity for me unless it's with good friends.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

SP for me mainly, I just like creating and doin my own thing. Although I have tried flying with a friend and it was cool, I liked it.

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I believe there should also be a segregation between PVP, and co-op missions against the AI. This is to understand how many people prefer air combat against humans, vs those who just play online for the fun of playing with humans as team-mates, but still against AI.

Single Player meanwhile. Neither have the time and focus in life on computergames, nor interest in Internet gossip, what unfortunately collides with online groups.

I wish I had today´s technique and my simpit when I was in my twenties, in which Falcon 4.0 and Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator were the best sims on the market.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

MP for about 80% or more.

Single player for training, testing ME, or to check button mapping etc.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

I can see why Multiplayer is not played by many (I only play MP) the MP interface is basic, its dated and ED do not host any servers and expect other people to carry that cost. IMO any game I play today, the developer has servers. I don't understand why ED do not.

Also MP need to have the ability to be more dynamic, same static targets and clear blue weather etc gets boring after a while.

I don't think the dominance of SP pilots here is related to the "basic MP interface." I've never seen the MP interface. It is more about having the time to play and when you have the time to play. With SP you can boot up at odd hours, that is whenever you can find 20 minutes in your busy schedule. That doesn't lend itself to MP when all the MP fans are most likely to be online. Different time zones add another layer of complexity to making MP doable.

The other reason, I believe, is related to the first. When you don't have much time to play, you can't improve skill level sufficiently to be competitive online with people who play for hours, including coop, so why bother? Finally, when your skill level is as low as mine, the A.I. in SP can be quite competitive and even fun.

Hardcore MP types who play for hours and master the planes and systems may be the base, but they are outnumbered. You would think that given the outcome of the poll, DCS would put more effort into enhancing the SP mode to keep the number of players (and buyers) up. But I don't think they will.

Many of us have been waiting for Modern Air Combat which was advertised over a year ago to be released by end of 2018. I think DCS has quit on the less hardcore market.

I don't think the dominance of SP pilots here is related to the "basic MP interface." I've never seen the MP interface. It is more about having the time to play and when you have the time to play. With SP you can boot up at odd hours, that is whenever you can find 20 minutes in your busy schedule. That doesn't lend itself to MP when all the MP fans are most likely to be online. Different time zones add another layer of complexity to making MP doable.

The other reason, I believe, is related to the first. When you don't have much time to play, you can't improve skill level sufficiently to be competitive online with people who play for hours, including coop, so why bother? Finally, when your skill level is as low as mine, the A.I. in SP can be quite competitive and even fun.

Hardcore MP types who play for hours and master the planes and systems may be the base, but they are outnumbered. You would think that given the outcome of the poll, DCS would put more effort into enhancing the SP mode to keep the number of players (and buyers) up. But I don't think they will.

Many of us have been waiting for Modern Air Combat which was advertised over a year ago to be released by end of 2018. I think DCS has quit on the less hardcore market.

I agree. I have tried, and visited many of the multiplayer combat sims, and online games. It appears that the majority of them are designed, and give preference to squadrons, and squad type play. Emphasis and resources always seem to go to players who have the ability, and or the time to be more involved in multiplayer squadron play. What about the rest of us, who may be in the majority? Single players, who may not have a lot of ability, or don't have the time to put in the long hours. Please Eagle Dynamics, don't forget us. Build it, we will come. Modern Air Combat? It has become a vague forgotten memory.

Another single player here. I'm still a noob to DCS and at least if a make a screw up in SP then other actual people dont suffer! I find when learning a game, MP can be a bit brutal, and DCS is hard enough to learn when starting out without encountering some less than pleasant individuals online. Just my thoughts.

//Flaming Cliffs 3 / T16000 HOTAS / TrackIR 5 / i7 4770k@4.5GHZ / EVGA RTX 2070 / 32GB 1600MHZ RAM/ Samsung Evo 1TB SSD//

I do SP for two reasons, I had bad experiences in the console games where it is the wild west and people shot anything that moved and the other reason was I am not very skilled, I flew Falcon 4 years ago and then it went under and I got swept up in my life adventures, I found DCS several years ago and bought the A10c and played for a while but the A-10 was so complicated and difficult to enjoy flying I dropped out and then I retired and said this time I'm going for it and bought a Mirage 2000c and had a blast, bought several since, but still not sure about getting on a server with strangers and playing, I'm more into getting things right and doing my best while others really don't care, so I never know what I'm going to get into. so I just do my thing and enjoy.

SP for me. Started with Jetfighter II/DOS Flanker back in the 90's and have never played MP. I have my fun creating missions and recording tracks :smilewink:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

I don't play in a squadron, I do as I please on MP and not all MP servers have a high learning curve and only require the basics like learn IFF, takeoff and land just common sense things, a lot of players learn as you go, I've seen plenty of times MP pilots help out others and answer questions. Its not a bad as you think it is. Players should give it a try.

Bad AI and different flight dynamics for me and the ai is why I play multiplayer

As I said in another thread, this is s war simulation. So I still do not get how AI can be put in such low priority. What you fight is indeed the reason why you play the game in the first place.

From what we see, the majority of players play in Single Player. So they need to deal with this AI in every gaming session. I don't know how many time I just cancelled a mission project because the AI was useless, therefore completely ruining the mission challenge in the first place.

Then to try a different setup ... to later conclude the same thing again.

I can get that F-18 shooting missiles at each other from 40 miles away can mostly live with this AI. But what about an Apache attacking a convoy, a mig-21 sneaking on you to give you a close dogfight or having your wingman accepting the most simple order. 9 time out of 10, if I rely on the AI, it will end up like "what the heck is he doing?". Aircraft throwing themselves in mountain's cliff, chopper randomly spinning on themselves, wingman refusing to attack target that are right below you, aircraft raming each other on the runway ... and so on.

Would like to see a release with a strong AI revamp. Please put at least a basic brain in the units we are fighting if we are going to play SP.

Mostly SP for now because I am just learning my first module (M2000C) and I want to finish its campaign first. However, I have briefly tried MP and it was fun although I was friendly shot.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

100% Multi-Player

I find SP pretty boring and prefer flying with and against human pilots.

Don't mind flying against AI in MP but yeah...The AI behavior still needs some improvements.

Will be a great day when that happens.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I play both, as they both have different aspect that I enjoy.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.