O-2A Skymaster

Prowler111

O-2A Skymaster  

311 members have voted

1. 1. O-2A Skymaster

• yes
    • no

I'd most probably buy the O-2, but any variant of the OV-10 Bronco would be an instant pre-purchase from me. I love that little bugger.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real issue here is that we are trying to outsmart the developers by trying to drive their company decisions with this type of approach.

The first post says it quite clear, really unambiguos

There is no question about how do you like us to use our resoruces? or would you prefer a Ju-52 over a O-2A? Should we give priority to this and that?

No that was not the question.

The question just ask if there is space in DCS World for such type of aircraft.

The answer should be the same regardles there is an OV-1 or A-1 or F-100 already in release version or not.

It is a simple question and you really have to be naive if you think you are going to force company decisions saying no to one model but offering your choice instead.

For me the question is quite clear. Do I see future and possibilities in DCS world for such „type“ of aircraft? Yes I see a future for low and slow FAC aircraft of Vietnam War era.

I do not want a DCS only with fighter bombers, I also want other types of aircraft and other type of missions available.

Let the developers manage their resources, they know their stuff.

Well said, that man :thumbup: Unfortunately this is an all too common occurence in this forum.

I would have an O-2 because it's something different and though it's an easy plane to fly (if other sims and reports are accurate enough) it could be something of a challenge in a combat environment, trying to get back home in one piece.

I'd love to try using this for sneaky FARP raids, too :devil_2:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

So, those external bulges/antenna things over top of the wing (near where it joins the fuselage)... what are they?
I believe the bulges at the wing roots are actually podded machine guns. My best guess would be a 7.62mm as they seem a bit small for a .50 cal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Sure why not.

It's an armed fac so it perform some light attack as a Armed FAC, or paint targets with smoke for the fighter/bombers or attack planes . Has place in both military and civil aviation

Albeit I just hope if rambam does take up this project it doesnt detract from other ones already currently wip.

O2 sure did have some limelight in movies like apocalypse now and to q greater extent bat21

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I think most of us would "accept" an O-2 in the absence of anything else on offer - but if there was a choice, and possibility - please give us an OV-10!!!

Beefier is always better, but cripes, Razbam could even come to me for info on the O-2. There's something to be said for simplicity.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• 3 months later...

I'd love to see the Rhodie version with Frantans and Golf bombs... And some Hunters and Vampires. And we need an Alouette 3 Helo...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

OV10 Please

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

I'd be very interested in the O-2, even if it just was AI. But both O-2 and/or OV-10 would be interesting modules and I'd certainly buy them.

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

My father flew the O2 in Vietnam. I grew up hearing stories about this plane supporting the Army Special forces along and over the Cambodian border with Vietnam in the 68-69 time frame. So I am very interested in this aircraft coming to DCS. Just a few years ago they declassified our involvement in Cambodia and my father was invited by the air force to a ceremony honoring what he and his comrades did in there little O2's and 01's. One of his buddies wrote a book about FAC's in Vietnam. Plenty of Good DCS content for an O2 and Vietnam map.