Multiplayer multicrew

scorpion80

You won't get one, not it things work in any forum with mods and releases as far as I know. In fact, this is the only one actually that I'm part of where other modders and devs don't come on and pee all over folks for asking for things we all now can't be given, so really you're kinda lucky over here because you can ask and not have consequences.

Be patient. We didn't even have a Huey until a few years ago!!!

Wish I could find some forum quotes for you, and maybe someone else can do some homework for me, but word on the street is that one of the big reasons Huey and Hip don't have multicrew is that ED can't figure out how to handle a switch that can be manipulated by the same person, like, if I have a toggle switch on my warthog mapped to something, and I flip it on, and you reach over in the sim and click it off, how does the sim handle that?

Anyway, side by side stuff probably won't happen anytime soon, but at least we have some aircraft with tandem cockpits that work just fine

Even if this was done incrementally, it could be a huge help in many respects.

For instance,just to be able to be a realtime front seater in the Huey or Hip while you are teaching someone to fly or checking them out on tasks would be a huge help.

This, even if that second person can't flip a single switch or move a control surface at all.

Being able to flip flop control would be a next step perhaps.

Just throwing it out there that there's substantial utility residing in the middle ground.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

• 3 weeks later...
Many many many... many other threads.

But i won't go on flame..

I'd love the answer of someone who can answer the question... is it in work queue or not?

Will we have it or not?

Yes

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Maybe a Dev should give a statement? I mean, multicrew was planned for "later" already at least in 2015 for DCSW 1.5.

It is still stated as a later update on the product page...

Heatblur got it managed in the F-14, I know it's a backseater, but you can even use the Pilot's buttons as the RIO. So they got the syncing working.

I don't want to flame, but comments and information from someone who could know a state are pretty much... not existent....

Greets and fly safe

Wayan

There have been dev statements, like here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3299871&postcount=51

But yeah, it's about time for a new statement as thing are obviously not going as planned...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

No QuiGon, thanks for this link, but this statement is too old and wrong! (Look F-14)

You say it yourself, its time for a new statement.

They still sell the Huey with the "keyfeature" "Coop - Multicrew", but atm i think we will never see this at the UH-1H.

Intel Core i9 13900K; Palit GeForce RTX 4090; 64GB Kingston FURY DDR5

Steam | Discord | Twitch | YouTube | Instagram

I guess the problem ist, that it is announced for since 2013 now...

If someone buys the Huey and then realises

"Oh, multicrew has been announced for 6 years... and still isn't there...."

I guess that's bad...

As I already mentioned, Heatblur got it, so go for it - it will be a great feature!

greetz

Wayan

Heatblur is not good example that UH-1H multicrew is possible. RIO is not even able to actually fly the plane.

UH-1H should have two pilots and two gunners....and also there is still that problem that in multicrew plane is not possible to switch seats which would make things much harder for people flying alone.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243231

Take experince from it and don't buy modules with planned features if you are not able to enjoy it without them.