DCS Stuttering Issue/Graphics Settings question

Whenever I play DCS i get a stutter that's really quite annoying. I consistently get 70-100 fps, but sometimes it drops to single digits. I'm playing on graphics slightly above the medium preset, with 2x MSAA and high textures. I have a GTX 1070, 16GB of ram, and an i7 7700k at 4.2 GHz. Watching the Grim Reaper's video on their graphics settings and their computer specs, mine are actually better, as they had a 1070 but with an i5. They run their graphics at higher than mine but get smoother performance which doesn't make sense to me. Is there a way I can get rid of the stuttering issue? I've already watched the video where not all CPU cores are being used, but all mine are, and I've also back rolled my drivers with no change in performance.

Whenever I play DCS i get a stutter that's really quite annoying. I consistently get 70-100 fps, but sometimes it drops to single digits. I'm playing on graphics slightly above the medium preset, with 2x MSAA and high textures. I have a GTX 1070, 16GB of ram, and an i7 7700k at 4.2 GHz. Watching the Grim Reaper's video on their graphics settings and their computer specs, mine are actually better, as they had a 1070 but with an i5. They run their graphics at higher than mine but get smoother performance which doesn't make sense to me. Is there a way I can get rid of the stuttering issue? I've already watched the video where not all CPU cores are being used, but all mine are, and I've also back rolled my drivers with no change in performance.

Welcome to the forums !

Are you running 2.56 ? If so , be advised that it has severe performance problems . We're all waiting on a fix .

You can't rely on YT vids for comparison , as editing and post-processing effects will mask problems .

The problem you describe can literally have dozens , if not more , causes . I suggest downloading MSI Afterburner (free) for a start at diagnostics . Monitor temperatures while flying .

BTW , your cpu is not using all cores . Windows switches cores faster than the task manager can see them .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Welcome to the forums !

Are you running 2.56 ? If so , be advised that it has severe performance problems . We're all waiting on a fix .

You can't rely on YT vids for comparison , as editing and post-processing effects will mask problems .

The problem you describe can literally have dozens , if not more , causes . I suggest downloading MSI Afterburner (free) for a start at diagnostics . Monitor temperatures while flying .

BTW , your cpu is not using all cores . Windows switches cores faster than the task manager can see them .

I'm running DCS 2.55. What will the temperature tell me about stuttering, and how would I troubleshoot from there?

Cpu/gpu temp spikes induce throttling . While you did better than some , still nowhere near enough info to specify the problem .

What res monitor ?

What specific settings in DCS ?

Running an SSD ?

Pagefile ? On SSD ?

Mods ?

Disabled windows "hotplug usb devices ?"

Been playing around in Nvidea settings ? Set power to "max performance" , leave everything else to default .

I'm assuming that you have not updated DCS , in which case deleting fxo and metashader is not an issue .

I'm assuming you are playing singleplayer . I'm assuming you are not flying a custom mission with lots of ain assets .

Another wild guess , 'cause that's all we can do with present info , is that you may be experiencing terrain loads as you fly . Try adjusting preload settings .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Sorry for the late response, I was clearing space on my SSD to reinstall DCS on it. I had DCS installed on my HDD, which seems like it was the problem for the stutter. Now that I've reinstalled to SSD, the frame rate is smoother. Thanks again for all your help, I also ended up OC my GPU with afterburner.