[SOLVED] CPU Leak MapF10

H-var

Dear Eagle Dynamics developers,

I accidentally noticed this problem and decided to record it for you.

options.lua

graphics.lua

In the video I am switching between F10 and F12 (render3D = false)

Edited by H-var

2. The DCS MOVIE information!

4. REAL UFO FOOTAGE

I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days, and doesn't die

government: gives me money because of coronavirus

me: spends all money on the missing DCS modules

government: ... you dumbo! We won't give you money anymore

me: It's ok. I don't need anything else - I now have the entire DCS collection

my cat: looking at the empty bowl for a while and goes back to sleep

me: it's hard times, Mig, suck it up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thing your test is not relevant because you are comparing apples with pineapples.... empty window with dynamic displaying one. More than that a CPU leak does not behave like this, but will keep the CPU at 100% longer to indefinite time. In this case, CPU is recovering instantly showing that you are just giving to it something to process or not, as I mentioned before.

Try to not jump to quick to conclusion, take small steps before showing off such absolute affirmations.

I did my tests, and everything works normal. Let's not add on these last days of old engine life things to make devs loosing time.... which will not help any of us. And in general, tests should be more comprehensive, analyzing various scenarios ... and not something that looks just unknown to me.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

From what I can tell and the tests I am doing, when the map is up sure enough 1 of my cores is still being taxed since there is data on the map and it is working that data. I dont see this as a leak, as Abburo pointed out a leak is where the CPU would stay at 100% even when the screen is gone. Those are pretty rare in these days since Windows 7 and Windows 8 are better at killing leaking tasks. Memory leaks on the other hand, they seem to overlook. (Not referring to DCS)

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR