Sale advice Spit or Tigre?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Sale advice Spit or Tigre?

• Spitfire
    • Tigre

as above, I'd like a poll...

Hard choice..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

it matters to me aerial gunnery regardless of fast or slow. but the harder the aircraft systems wise, the better too. Also loiter time.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

it matters to me aerial gunnery regardless of fast or slow. but the harder the aircraft systems wise, the better too. Also loiter time.

Both are nice, but the tiger has some assistance for aerial gunnery, the spit has none, so it's a bit more challenging. Bith are pretty easy, only big difference is the radar, but it shouldn't be too hard to get used to it. Loiter time... Spitfire can fly for an hour with right management, with fuel tanks, the time should go up. Tiger has without tanks (depending on management) less time, but you get three big tanks to bump that time up

I found myself in a similar situation last week. I ended up picking up the p51d to try the ww2 aspect before Normandy comes out. I've come to the conclusion that fully simulated ww2 aircraft are a blast to fly, but extremely boring to fight. When playing on realistic servers with no awacs, no external, no labels, no f10 map, it's entirely possible to fly around for 30-45 minutes and never encounter an enemy. And when you are lucky enough to spot something, you have to visually IFF, which means you might expend your altitude/energy just to buzz a friendly. The solution to this is to play with some "cheats" enabled, which in turn ruin the simulation aspect.

Again just my opinion, but I won't be buying any future ww2 modules or the map. Just not for me.

The tiger is a great module, very well done, and still requires lots of skill to be effective in combat. Also allows you to mix load outs and can have significant loiter time if you aren't burning around everywhere.

Tiger has some minor bugs but it's mostly finished.

Spit is not and there is no content for it (yeah, yeah, Normandy coming). By the time spit gets out of beta you'll have at least several more sales.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

thanks

razor, phantom, gunny, grunf, someone

so about that tail hook ;)

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

:D Not for Carrier Landing :D

yep.. :)

as above, I'd like a poll...

Hard choice..

Counting my vote, it's 3 to 21, not a hard choice it seems :P.

Seriously though, the Tiger is an absolute blast. I think I like the MiG-21 better, but the F-5E is a close second for my favorite fixed wing aircraft in game. It strikes that perfect balance of being a balls to the wall gun fighter while still having a touch of modern with a first rate RWR and a pair of reasonably capable short range missiles. And unlike the spit, you can hop into nearly any MP server and be at least somewhat useful in it (and fully expect it to be available, WW2 stuff typically isn't).

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.