Fight's On! DCS: F-14 Update

Cobra847

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man this is so freaking awesome! Can't wait for it! :)

BTW, I feel the need...

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh man this is so freaking awesome! Can't wait for it! :)

BTW, I feel the need...

the need, FOR SPEED

Also are you guys going to keep the refresh rate on the HUD like that or are you gonna fix it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cant wait!

Keep them updates coming :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

The refresh rate will be higher for certain elements on the HUD. In this video, examples include the guncross and tracking diamond, which exist on a seperate rasterizer.

These will refresh more quickly than e.g. nav elements.

Once we have implemented our shaders for the HUD (think Viggen HUD) -- it will look far more natural with a lower refresh rate. Right now it's quite jarring, especially in 60fps contrast to everything else.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

THAT.

WAS.

DAGGUM.

INTENSE!!!

Right now, Fleet Defender is still the bone fide Tomcat simulator, but one of the things I never liked was how they made the F-14 feel like a pig. It looks like Heatblur is going to simulate the Tomcat accurately, as the highly-manueverable bird it actually was.

Damn I'm excited about this one coming out... and carrier ops... good thing I'm sitting down!!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Actually, it would be best if they could make it an option (ie. flickering HUD ON). For some people like me, eyes get irritated. I actually can't even look at strobe lights on some modules like the M2000C. Anyways, just my preference.

100% agree

i myself are also somewhat...sensetive to such things

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Excuse me for asking a possibly over asked question, but I have been out of the loop on the Tomcat for a while. Are we still getting the A model first?

I dont Think they have ever said we will get the A model first. They have said that they will try to release both at the same time but if thats not possible, the B will come first.

Can you program a UFO mission in single mission when released :thumbup:

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Wow, very cool. Can you correct me if I am wrong but it looks like you guys are adding some shake to the face curtain handles. Is that correct? If so, just looks amazing and adds life to the cockpit itself. Very very cool.