TheThumper

My DCS Forum habit is to load up the forums and hit "New Posts" at the top of the page. My understanding is that it would list, across the entire forum, any threads that have new posts ranked in descending chronological order.

Being a vain person by nature, whenever I post (which is quite seldom), I always want the satisfaction of hitting the "New Posts" button to see that my important contribution/silly question has been flagged for all those knowledgeable in the ways of DCS to admire, but sadly usually I never see it show up on the first page :(.

Am I understanding this functionality incorrectly? Are there super-secret rules? Do I need reputation to rate making the home page?

Any insight to the above is much appreciated, although I don't expect to see this thread on the home page! :cry:

~Thump.

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you press New Posts after making a post, it won't show up because you already read it?

I am a silly old fool btw so if I got the wrong end of the stick to your question then ignore me :)

That is likely to be correct.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ah, that is a good point on the "you already read what you just posted".... in hindsight.. duh!

BTW, I found this post by clicking on "New Posts" and it showed up. So, yeah, I think you guys are onto something.... so smart!

Thanks for getting me straightened out there.

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]