Youtuber learning DCS : A-10C

supanova

I'm working through operating the aircraft and learning its systems. As I do that I create tutorial videos which reinforce the learning process and hopefully help others following the same process.

Startup:

Taxi and Takeoff:

Flight path navigation:

TACAN Approach:

ILS Approach:

GAU-8:

Hydra 70 rockets:

Litening TGP:

Mk 82 LDGP & AIR:

Target Designation Cue:

Laser Guided Bombs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRtTUzBhxqA

CCIP using 82 30DB2 Profile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4805YgF-7I

TACAN approach at Nellis using approach chart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVMLOckAtaA

Overhead Pattern Landing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHDOEphtWas

Edited by supanova
  • Like 4

Learn DCS A-10C with me. Follow my Youtube tutorials here.

Hi supanova,

I have seen a few of your videos, very well laid out and structured, like proper training videos. Do you do this for a living IRL?

Anyway keep them coming, very good short to the point refresher vids. It's Hard to stay proficient in any DCS level aircraft when you have been away for a few months or so.

Edited by NineLine
edit for inappropriate content

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

One of the best example videos for starting the HOG... WELL DONE, HIGH QUALITY, and not a lot of useless dead time or bouncing head movements you see in a lot of the training vid. Great explanation of what to do and a brief exp of what the switch or system does in the aircraft. Other NEW USER training videos would do well to follow this example.

Yes another thumbs up from me. I spend a few weeks on the A-10C then drift over to another module and when I return it's all new again to me. (Brain like a sieve).

I've watched several tutorials to help me get back into it but this is a cut above the rest.

I really like the way they are done and not a second is wasted and every word is relevant. I hope you will eventually expand to include more.

I like the tutorials too :)

Quote Vedexent: The technical term for an over ambitious ground attack pilot is "dead".

Quote SiThSpAwN: I figure 1.5 will have to buy some roses and chocolates, take 2.0 to a nice restaurant, and if it opens doors and is a gentleman, 1.5 and 2.0 might just get to merge one day.

Hello supanova. Thank You for the superb professional videotutorials on A-10C, hope many more will follow in time. Extremely helpful when have been flying other aircraft for a while and then want to return to the Warthog. I am old and I forget a lot.. Equally perfect for first time learning.

I have your F-16 tutorials too and want to thank you for all the work. High standards all over :-)

Delivery Methods, operating in combined arms scenarios, an in depth cdu tutorial, some advanced things in the mission editor..

I know there are some (rare) videos already, but there are so many channels which offer DCS tutorials and all you can see there is "How do I start this thing up", "How do I takeoff" and "How do I land". Don't get me wrong, the videos here are very well done. But I really hope there will be some more in depth tutorials.

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Delivery Methods, operating in combined arms scenarios, an in depth cdu tutorial, some advanced things in the mission editor..

I know there are some (rare) videos already, but there are so many channels which offer DCS tutorials and all you can see there is "How do I start this thing up", "How do I takeoff" and "How do I land". Don't get me wrong, the videos here are very well done. But I really hope there will be some more in depth tutorials.

Delivery methods you can check 476th videos.

Operating in combined arms arms well, it's strictly multiplayer thing, but it sure makes things way interesting! I know, I've been on both sides :D

For the CDU you have some nice videos by Recon Stewart, if that is what you need.

Mission editor I'm no expert so I can't help you there.

And yes I know what you mean by startup take off and land videos. Spam-o-Matic out there :D

The thing is, that what you can do and learn in single player is just .. well .. this much and no more. And it feels stale.

Once you know all that "stuff" and then bring that, along with some tactics in to multiplayer environment, it is then when things become way more interesting and FUN.

OT: I feel like derailing thread, but at same time MasterZelgadis brought up a sweet topic! :D

Edited by Nu-NRG

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

Great videos, I know all this stuff already, but watched them just for fun.

If I could add a constructive criticism, maybe just a little bit more chat might be good. There are some quite long spaces where you say nothing.

But that's just me !

• 1 month later...
..... some advanced things in the mission editor...

This is by far, the best tutorial on the mission editor that i've found:

Its actually more of a hands on course, i just put the first video on the playlist, and you get to build an advanced mission from scratch .. it may seem slow at the beginning, but trust me, realizing that a good mission requires planning its an essential step :)

Cheers

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Added a video on TACAN approach and landing:

Thenks a lot for this video Series, I've just subscribed to your channel, since I havent yet learned the A-10C, but intend to do it sometime soon :)

May I suggest that you edit the first post to add the link to these new additions.

Best regards,

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I enjoy the quality of the videos also. Very well done!

A subject I that I would love to see covered, and have not seen covered anywhere other than in the Maple Flag training campaigns, is system failures. Restarting an engine mid flight. Coping with failing hydraulics, such as how to lower your landing gear. How to land without hydraulics. Knowing what electric systems are tied to which engine so I know what systems I'll be missing when an engine goes out. Maybe cover the most basic warning lights in the cockpit and what to do when they light up.

I'm not ashamed to say I'd use this knowledge pretty often... AAA, SAMS and I are well acquainted :smilewink:.

• Like 1