Announcement - new A-10C DLC training campaign

DCS has expanded a lot on the last couple of years, and as the work that entails a Campaign Development is more or less the same for every aircraft that you consider, if I were on his shoes I would ditch this project and do it for the F-18 or F-14 instead of the A-10C, as (I think) the potential sales are much higher for these two aircrafts.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

DCS has expanded a lot on the last couple of years, and as the work that entails a Campaign Development is more or less the same for every aircraft that you consider, if I were on his shoes I would ditch this project and do it for the F-18 or F-14 instead of the A-10C, as (I think) the potential sales are much higher for these two aircrafts.
I don't think he will do that, would be dissapointing. From the 4-5 missions I've tested for A10c iron flag as well as voice over work, all his campaigns are top quality. The iron flag campaign has a ton of information, and is indeed a tactical training campaign with tons of information to learn almost every useful aspect of the Hog.

He is indeed working on an F18 campaign with members from the fighter pilot podcast, training missions does the harrier, the mig19 campaign too. Patience is key and worth it in my opinion when it comes to getting quality content.

The thing is the Hog is complete while the others well are not fully complete. So it makes making a campaign for them more difficult (ex. harrier).

Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I think he's working on a number of different campaigns and official module training missions in parallel, so no wonder this project has been taking so long.

I'm also very much looking forward to this, as his work is top notch.

The main reason for delays were actually random events - especially the hurricane Michael which really made things rough for Doughboy, the co-author of this campaign, making it impossible to do anything for almost a year. But we are back on track, doing scripts, building missions, waiting for VOs, work is back to normal. And the wait for the first half of the campaign (first 10 missions) won't be that long.

Too much work went into A-10C to ditch it. Not even voiceovers, but research, real talks with real life pilots etc. I really would love to have done much more, but as I said, the main reason for delays were random events that we couldn't help or counter...

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Awesome.

This will be what finally (after years of owning it) gets me to bother learning the A-10C.

You won't regret it, it's a real fun plane to fly with lots of content. ED have promised an update in the not too distant future as well.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it now.

I've always been put off it by what is likely a misconception that you spend most of your time trundling around in great, slow circles, head down staring at computer screens, like some kind of heavily armed, hi-tech, overweight vulture. I'm not really into the button pressing aspect of DCS.

But I like BD's mirage campaign so much that I've already bought EW3 as well as Piercing Fury.. and I think even the Red Flag campaign - hoping that owning these campaigns would spur me on to learn how to use the damn thing. Last week I started mapping my controls and messing about a little bit. But with this confirmation that the first half of Operation Iron Flag is still happening and the teased model updates I think I will wait it out until one or both of those are ready to go.

'Sides ... 8 days till the Tomcat :music_whistling: which should keep us occupied until Iron Flag is ready to go. (Is it still going to be called Operation Iron Flag, by the way?)

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

• 3 weeks later...

Truly pleased I came across this thread. After a few failed attempts to get the Maple Flag missions going I threw the canvas over the A10C. There were just too many research trips to these forums and YouTube to get through them. I’m new to DCS. The A10C brought me here after sixteen years flight simming on other platforms. I was willing to pay my dues, RTFM and put the hours in. And indeed it was enjoyable. But after a bit the frustration level was getting higher each attempt to move along. I don’t give up easily. I fly other VERY complicated aircraft. I believe it was the DCS World software updates that kept throwing glitches into the progress. Heaven knows it wasn’t my lack of willpower and determination!

So… I bought the YAK, the L39 Albatross and the F5E thinking I would start with simpler jets and work my way up to the Hornet and the Tomcat. I’m not one to buy unfinished products, so will just wait and learn the DCS World before getting there. I simply cannot, at sixty five, pass up the chance for carrier operations here. Whatever it takes.

Based on what I have read on this thread, I’m ripping the cold stiff wet canvas off the A10C , getting the laminated checklists AND Youtube bookmarks out of the binders and “givener another go”.

I’m a first day purchaser when they are done. THANK YOU very kindly for doing this.

Cheers,

Bob

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

... So… I bought the YAK, the L39 Albatross and the F5E thinking I would start with simpler jets and work my way up ...

That is a sensible approach, the F-5 in particular is a really nice aircraft .. I learned to fly it following along the videos of Bunyap (I miss him so much):

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

That is a sensible approach, the F-5 in particular is a really nice aircraft ..

Rudel_chw,

I'm going to take your sensible advice. Thanks for offering it. It was a toss up between the Albatross and the F5E. I'm going to have enough to learn without dealing with metric conversions too.

Cheers,

Bob

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

• 5 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that I am really looking forward to this. I’ve always felt that the built-in training missions for the A-10C don’t work well for me, personally. As such, I’ve been slowly learning the Warthog by playing through Baltic Dragon’s TEW3.0 campaign. The quality of that has been great and I can’t wait to try these training missions.

This will be a day one buy for me.

Thanks just! Tomorrow I will publish a short video from the MRFCS test with the crew chief from Mission 5 - one where you will practice AAR, manual reversion flying and ILS landing using all the real life procedures consulted with two active duty USAF pilots :)
Sounds great, can't wait for this to come out. I've been doing the enemy within 3.0 campaign and I could definitely use this training campaign to improve my knowledge.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Hey guys, as promised time for an update on the Iron Flag campaign, a complex training for A-10C Warthog set in NTTR. In the link a short example of Manual Reversion Flight Control System check done with your Crew Chief. More information in the video description. We're back to work on the campaign after a long break caused by hurricane Michael, which complicated a lot of things for Doughboy in Florida... Doughboy is writing most of the scripts and you can hear him as the instructor in most of the missions.

Thank You for the update and thank you for your work. I'm sure it will be very well received by all of us working hard at proficiency in the HAWG.

Would it be a reasonable expectation that a release, in some form, would be realized by year end?

Your effort on this new campaign for an aircraft that has been out here for this long is a testament to the quality, popularity and utility of the DCS A10C. Kudo's to you for continuing to add to the rich inventory of training materials.

Hey, yeah - that is reasonable I think, a lot depends on how fast we get the VOs as there are A LOT of them in each mission. So the whole process of adding the filters and then inserting them into the mission is crazy. On avarage we have around 300 per sortie. For comparison: whole Enemy Within 2.0 (in 21 missions) had a total of around 600..

How can I move the camera sideways, so that I can look at the switches that are hidden beneath the throttle?

I tried to map a binding for this, but that doesnt work...

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

So I managed to get a look at the switches I needed.

For me, as an absolute noob on the A10C this Mission was an excellent experience! Great immersion, had a lot of fun playing it, and I guess this was the best landing I ever had in DCS!

Really awesome, Looking Forward for the Campaign! Seems like the A10C was a good purchase after all...

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

So I managed to get a look at the switches I needed.

For me, as an absolute noob on the A10C this Mission was an excellent experience! Great immersion, had a lot of fun playing it, and I guess this was the best landing I ever had in DCS!

Really awesome, Looking Forward for the Campaign! Seems like the A10C was a good purchase after all...

Great! I am very glad you liked it :)

Yeah BuzzU, those 10 missions mean between 20-25h worth of gameplay, possibly more. This campaign is tough to develop due to sheer amount of research and voiceovers so I don’t want you to wait too long.

Ok, good deal. I'm in line waiting. ;)

Buzz