feedback question

wash_hoban

Ah thanks for that explanation

So if I have Negative 77 points with one comment from a mod that means

they can use what ever abitrary amount of neg rep they want ?

Not whatever they want. If you get neg repped by someone the amount of negative points is equal to the rep power they have (listed to the left of their forum posts).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ah I understand now, not exactly a fair system

how on earth are you supposed to get decent rep back once you have been targeted by a mod for "special" treatment ?

Edited by wash_hoban
  • Like 1

Still rockin Windows 7 64bit

Ah I understand now, not exactly a fair system

how on earth are you supposed to get decent rep back once you have been targeted by a mod for "special" treatment ?

It takes time to gain rep, in general, and one person with roughly the same rep power, as the moderator in question, giving you positive rep will eliminate it. For example, I have a higher rep than most of the mods, so if I were to rep you positively it would completely negate their neg rep.

EDIT: Fair, perhaps not. However, just like in real life, if you piss someone off, the more power they have (no matter how they got it) the harder you are likely to get slapped.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Like Cichlidfan says, it doesn't depend on someone being a moderator, but on their rep power. Generally speaking, if you post helpful or funny comments, people are likely to +rep you and you can get out of -77 in a heartbeat. And if someone thinks a post of yours deserves -rep, it can easily go the other way.