Oculus Rift Users: Try this to see if you can see what I see

Bearfoot

In Oculus home, look up at the roof.

Move your focus around to different parts of the roof.

Do you see, in each lens/eye view, small brighter/lower-contrast patches or areas near the center of the view that move around with you? They are not very prominent: diffuse and small. They look like they might be little smudges on the lens, or like lens flare almost.

Some discussions of what I am describing:

Edited by Bearfoot

Well sort of but in low light there appears to be a low level patterning different pattern in each eye (and I think the pattern changes when looking around) which stays fixed in position whilst everything else moves. It adds a degree of difficulty landing Helicopters in the dark. I get confused with the overlayed static pastern and the moving one aka the external view..

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Well sort of but in low light there appears to be a low level patterning different pattern in each eye (and I think the pattern changes when looking around) which stays fixed in position whilst everything else moves. It adds a degree of difficulty landing Helicopters in the dark. I get confused with the overlayed static pastern and the moving one aka the external view..

Hmm. I don't think that is quite what I am describing. I added links to other posts that note a similar issue to the original post.

Ah maybe not but it's distracting landing in the dark with that.

I know what you mean now and yes I have used lens cleaning fluid and cloth but those marks remain not sure if it's not on the other end of the lens??

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I know what you mean now and yes I have used lens cleaning fluid and cloth but those marks remain not sure if it's not on the other end of the lens??

From what I can make out, there are three possible explanations:

(1) Yes, some sort of finger stain or smudge on the other side of the lens, catching the light and diffusing it.

(2) Something about the way the lens is cut and seated wrongly, resulting in flare.

(3) Just the way the lens is cut, as designed, resulting in flare.

Not sure which!

Don't worry, a little glare / halo / ray effect is normal.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Maybe it's the same issue:

In night missions (without NVG) I have the impression as if I would look through some kind of a static sheer curtain or kind of an overlay. I think "transparent overlay" describes it the best. I see it only in low-light condition like night mission.

I am kind of sure it's not the lenses but something rendered by the graphics engine.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe it's the same issue:

In night missions (without NVG) I have the impression as if I would look through some kind of a static sheer curtain or kind of an overlay. I think "transparent overlay" describes it the best. I see it only in low-light condition like night mission.

I am kind of sure it's not the lenses but something rendered by the graphics engine.

I think that's the screen door effect. You're seeing the spaces in between pixels.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat