KNEEBOARD Export for 'multimonitorsetup.lua' in all modules - DCS 1.2.4

Thanks for the update, Peter. So far so good with 1.8.5.

FYI for people who want to put the kneeboard on a separate monitor: since the old identifiers (e.g. BST_UH1H_KNEEBOARD) are obsolete, you need only use KNEEBOARD= in your MonitorSetup file and the dimensions you choose will extend to all aircraft. Nice touch, Peter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey PeterP. I love what you've done to enable to have the key commands on the kneeboard of the aircraft. I managed to put the kneeboard folder in the Miz as instructed, but I don't know how to add the explanation in the briefing and/or add a hint text on how to use it via SLMOD (I don't even know what SLMOD is). I'm sorry if these seem like dumb questions but I'm very new to DCS World and FC3 and haven't played LOMAC for many years (which is why I've forgotten all the keyboard commands). Tbh, I lost interest in modern jet flight sims and it was only with the release of DCS World on Steam (which I hadn't even heard of up till then) and seeing it's potential, that piqued my interest again, along with the BMS project for Falcon 4. Could you do an idiot's step by step guide please?

Hey PeterP. I love what you've done to enable to have the key commands on the kneeboard of the aircraft. I managed to put the kneeboard folder in the Miz as instructed, but I don't know how to add the explanation in the briefing and/or add a hint text on how to use it via SLMOD (I don't even know what SLMOD is). I'm sorry if these seem like dumb questions but I'm very new to DCS World and FC3 and haven't played LOMAC for many years (which is why I've forgotten all the keyboard commands). Tbh, I lost interest in modern jet flight sims and it was only with the release of DCS World on Steam (which I hadn't even heard of up till then) and seeing it's potential, that piqued my interest again, along with the BMS project for Falcon 4. Could you do an idiot's step by step guide please?

Wadeyboy, no need to mess with SLMOD as long you don't run your own public server.

I hope you found time to play around a little with this mod in the meantime and all your possible questions are answered up to now.

Just use for now the readme/instructions from post #1 for the 1.8.5.beta of this mod - its all the same or at least very similar.

ATM I'm very busy with RL stuff and work, but

I hope I will find at the weekend some time to finally finalise this mod with a proper readme/instruction (fingers crossed) and push it out of the 'beta' status.

Very nice work PeterP !

Just a question : do you know witch map file is used to appear in the kneeboard ? Is there any way (file) to have the full map in the DCS folders ??

No - sorry, no (easy) way to have a customised own map (if I get your intention right).

This needs a rewriting big chunks of the existing code .

Even if I played around a with options like this lately,

I fear I won't find the time to do such a thing or even explain how it can be done.

Better leave things like this to ED...

The map is stored in ...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Terrain\A-10C\Maps\TAD_COLLECTION.zip

You will need a image-viewer that can handle DDS files. (XnView for example)

Edited by PeterP

Hello PeterP,

you can change the color of the mark point in the kneeboard mod, I can hardly recognize it easily and would make the mark point slightly darker to me.

A quick tip which file and line, which I would tinker myself into a pleasant color / brightness.

Thanks in advance

Big.B

Hi everyone,

I was about to test the Kneeboard Mod with DCS 1.2.6. So I downloaded the Kneeboard Mod 1.2.5. To get started i only installed the base for the Free SU-25T. It works fine so far and the Kneeboard shows up in the virtual Cockpit.

Now I changed my MonitorSetup.lua to export the Kneeboard to my 2nd screen.

It took me a while to figure out that the DCSWORLD_and_FC3_KNEEBOARD viewports do not seem to be valid anymore and now only KNEEBOARD is used (it seems Docs miss from the 1.2.5 MOD Download PeterP :) ).

When I use a KNEEBOARD Viewport, it happens what should happen: The Kneeboard is removed from the Virtual Cockpit. Good so far. The problem is: In the DCS World Options -> Controls -> SU-25T -> Kneeboard I cannot assign Key commands. I can assign Key commands fine for every other function of the Aircraft, but not for the Kneeboard.

That´s very odd and I have no idea where to start the search for a solution (which LUA files for example). There must be something brocken, right?

The problem is: Without Key commands assigned to the Kneeboard I cannot show the exported 2D Kneeboard :(

Did I miss something in the Forums or in the Documentation (downloaded the old MOD too because it includes the Readme files).

I was about to test the Kneeboard Mod with DCS 1.2.6. So I downloaded the Kneeboard Mod 1.2.5. To get started i only installed the base for the Free SU-25T. It works fine so far and the Kneeboard shows up in the virtual Cockpit.

Try the 1.8.5 beta kneeboard mod for 1.2.6. No documentation yet, but it works fine and you found the only difference with the monitorsetup.lua.

You may have to follow the directions on how to "Teach the A-10C" to see the kneeboard shortcuts but for your Su-25T. You may have a keyboard config from prior to the kneeboard, where these shortcuts will not show up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Sorry that I'm not able to answer everything how I self would like to ... I have quit my old daily job and I'm in the progress to start something new... This and my family takes my whole attention.

I will be back soon...

I kindly ask the more experienced users to help others out (like you already do).

Sorry, I mixed up the version numbers. I am using 1.8.5. It works fine, but I cannot assign Keyboard Shortcuts in the Control setup. Does it work for you or does it have Shortcuts predefined for you already?

"reset" your inputs if something isn't working .

Follow this link and extract the needed info yourself how to do it:

corrupt calibration? crazy joystick response? Use this tools to Fix it:

Edited by PeterP

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question. And special thanks to PeterP for doing so much for the community here!

I´ll check the responses during next weekend when I hopefully find time again to play DCS. I´ll let you know when I´ve solved the problem :)

I've done some searching, but not finding yet...

Has anyone put together some common A-10C checklists for this mod? I find plenty of community made checklists in pdf format, and I keep thinking that somebody before me must've thought converting the pages to jpg or png for this mod would be a good idea. And maybe that somebody would've shared it already...

Edit: Like this: 476th vFG A-10C Checklist Kneepad Pages I just took the 476th's checklist and made the normal procedures section into jpgs for my own use; maybe somebody else would like to use them.

Edited by White Owl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've kinda gotten stuck on this. I have 1.8.5 installed and it works fine in the Su-25 and P51 modules.

The problem is with the A-10C.

I can call the kneeboard up and down and it's placed where my left thigh would be. But I am unable to change pages on it. (This works fine in my other modules as I stated). I've read this thread several times and have de-installed/re-installed numerous times. It's just showing the map page in the A10C.

Any help?

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Thanks for the reply PeterP, I must have something else wrong. I reset all the config files following your guide and no change. Still works finr in some modules but not the A10C.

I'm using JSGME for the mod. When I have the mod "active", the kneeboard is placed on the left thigh, when I have the mod "deactivated", the kneeboard shows up on the right side of the screen. So it appears the mod is taking, but just can't change pages.

I'll keep messing with it and post if I figure anything out.

Thanks again.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

I tested it in all the modules I have. It works in P-51, Uh-1, SU-25. Shows up in A10-C and Ka-50, but won't change pages. Time to start over again I suppose.

Edit:

Thanks for the help again PeterP.

I got it working by not loading my X-52 Profile.

I started again fresh with just the default keyboard and cleared out the HOTAS and rudder categories and it worked. Then just rebuilt my X-52 profile from scratch, yet again.

Edited by txmtb
Additional information
  • Like 1

Edit:

Thanks for the help again PeterP.

I got it working by not loading my X-52 Profile.

I started again fresh with just the default keyboard and cleared out the HOTAS and rudder categories and it worked. Then just rebuilt my X-52 profile from scratch, yet again.

:thumbup:

Thank you for thanking me - Glad you figured it out!

:)

...I have running 8 different controllers myself with a unique profile for almost each plane... ,

I know that it can be sometimes a pain and 'time-vampire' to find the culprit after each update/patch ...

;)

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just installed this great mod and discovered that with 1.2.7 and the Huey, the Gunners AI panel will not show. So I did some fiddling and got it working.

So for all you Huey drivers out there, keep the 'Base Mod' and simply replace 'KNEEBOARD_MOD_for_UH-1H 1.2.6' with the one below.

Thanks PeterP and good luck on your new endeavors.

KNEEBOARD_MOD_for_UH-1H 1.2.7.rar

So I decided to grab this mod and give it a try... I'm currently using DCWorld 1.2.7 Open Beta so obviously anything broke is kind of null and void for reasons. I was just hoping maybe someone has figured this out or maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

I have the mod installed and it all seems to be working fine in the virtual cockpit. I can look at it, change pages, turn it off/on, add custom pages, etc. All of that works great. I keep seeing the RCTL + K "Glance View" which I assume, and this is where I may be mistaken, that it would then pop up on the screen infront of the camera for a quick view without having to look down with TrackIR.

When I do this, however, the pad just disappears in cockpit for however long I hold RCTL + K. I've added Kneeboard_TEST.lua to the config/monitorsetup and the entry for ED_A10C_KNEEBOARD is in there. (I'm using the DCS: A-10C module, for the record). The location/width/height looks good, but just nothing pops up. I have also selected KNEEBOARD_TEST.lua as my monitor option in the options page for graphics.

Is my understanding of what the Glance view does incorrect, am I doing something else wrong, or does this just not function in the beta?