Trick to destroy building

Frag

Hi guys,

I found few really old threads from like 2011 but was wondering if someone figured out how to do this. I would like to create a mission where you need to drop an LGU on a specific building to destroy it.

I would like to use a building that is already in a city. Is there a way to determine if the bomb fell on it?

I could set a target there (like a man) but it places a label, which I would like to avoid. I would want the player to recognize the building based on a map in the briefing ...not only shooting out a label.

Is there any invisible target I could use? Or make script call to know if a specific object id is destroyed (like in arma 3).

Any hints would be appreciated.

This thread helped me do what I believe you are trying to accomplish.

I wanted to announce in my mission that a particular bridge was destroyed. Worked perfectly.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=272106

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

The easiest way is to use the condition "bomb in zone" and check for the different LGB types with OR conditions.

Another is to place a static object (e.g. Transformer or a tire) very close or attached to the building and check "Unit damaged" as that works for statics, as well.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The easiest way is to use the condition "bomb in zone" and check for the different LGB types with OR conditions.

Another is to place a static object (e.g. Transformer or a tire) very close or attached to the building and check "Unit damaged" as that works for statics, as well.

Would it work with rockets? I remember vaguely that feature not being available for rockets.

Would it work with rockets? I remember vaguely that feature not being available for rockets.
Nope. No rockets, no gun ammo... and no "type" (all dumb bombs, all LGBs, all JDAM,etc.).

Pikeys script is a great solution!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)