If wishes were horses for unarmed Gazelle.

DmitriKozlowsky

I never quite got that meaning.

But I do have few simple wishes.

Totally unarmed doorless version of Minigun Gazelle, for personnel delivery and sling loads.

Civilian version without IFF and tactical radios. Just a VHF AM for ATC. Include ED's Garmin GPS nav with it.

Does ED Garmin 430 even work with Gazelle? I may try it out. Tottaly forgot about that module as I dont have L-39 or MI-8.

A personnel delivery mission is taxi service for JTAC team or JSOC recon element of three operators, or sniper team of two. A shooter and observer. Not shooting from hovering helicopter, though it is possible in RW, but not so much in DCS. Except as door gunner. But drop off and recovery.

Sling load mission for ammunition resupply to infantry.

Memoirs of Gazelle crews during Falklands, mentioned that ammo resupply kept Royal Marines and Para alive and fighting. Small arms, 60mm mortar, and 105mm for L118 (M119) howitzers. Jobs that should have been done by RAF CH-47D, but those were busy poluting bottom of the Atlantic along with MV Atlantic Conveyor ferring them.

Self service. M should be able to carry at least 4 extra tubes of HOT3 missiles in cabin, allowing crew to land and reload once. Same for Mistral and Lima for SNEB rockets only. No space or weight for gun ammunition.

Extra fuel is already in sim via extra tank. 60% fuel is full normal tank. Anything over 65% is extra fuel with extra weght. So Gazelle is good to go on fuel.

Removal of doors option, for Lima.

Option to fly Lima and Mistral without WSO. As L and Mistral weapons are under pilot control.

Ability to give commands to crew to fire Hot or Minigun, and not having to auto hover , and firing weapons yourself. Player does have to turn Master Arm ON.

Edited by DmitriKozlowsky
  • Like 1

Civilian version without IFF and tactical radios. Just a VHF AM for ATC. Include ED's Garmin GPS nav with it.

A civilian version with a iPad on the windshield.... Having a simple navigation map (borrow the KABRIS = F10 map if must to, with height view for "casual" style).

A personnel delivery mission is taxi service for JTAC team or JSOC recon element of three operators, or sniper team of two. A shooter and observer. Not shooting from hovering helicopter, though it is possible in RW, but not so much in DCS. Except as door gunner. But drop off and recovery.

I so wanted to see that sniper variant of the Gazelle. But I think that ED should first make the new skeleton modeling for the human bodies (included already in the Super Carrier in 2020) but allow it for the cockpits as well. So better gunners, engineers, co-pilots and so on.

This would allow as well make fast roping or Search And Rescue operations where flight engineer would operate the winch or we could have a rescue diver that jumps from the ledge down to water to rescue the downed pilot!

And of course, having the sniper at the backseat taking a shot.

If we ever get the MH-6 or similar where we can have 4/6 soldiers sitting side and shooting, we would need better upper body animations and feature where each soldier gun is own individual weapon.

vfMLdXjSJBM

I would see that more in the compartment and you land down and supply boxes gets pulled out. So you would see the boxes behind you and then they would vanish from there after X seconds of unloading when landed.

Memoirs of Gazelle crews during Falklands, mentioned that ammo resupply kept Royal Marines and Para alive and fighting.

Well, that is the job of supply company, dangerous job when they don't need to just drop supplies but actually fight their ways to the friendlies position and they get easily prioritized as targets depending their delivery methods as enemy doesn't want troops resupplied. So railways, roads, bridges, treelines etc are all targeted for supply delivers.

Self service. M should be able to carry at least 4 extra tubes of HOT3 missiles in cabin, allowing crew to land and reload once. Same for Mistral and Lima for SNEB rockets only. No space or weight for gun ammunition.

Would it be so? Based the editor, 4 HOT3 missiles and nothing else requires about 70% of fuel count to get 100% max weight. And adding 4 extra missiles would even more drop the fuel.

So again same thing as with other birds, you don't make heavy loads but you just send more birds for the task. Same time there is more threats to target for enemy so it is not "one stone and one bird" but "one stone and five birds".

Mi-8 and Mi-24 are only ones I know that has used reloading in the field by the crew, but those does have much higher lifting capability as well.

Extra fuel is already in sim via extra tank. 60% fuel is full normal tank. Anything over 65% is extra fuel with extra weght. So Gazelle is good to go on fuel.

The main fuel tank is 437 liters and that extra aux fuel tank is 90 liters.

If you have 2x HOT3 missiles and IR deflector then your max fuel count is 350 liters, and manual says you get 1h 30min flight time with that.

Ability to give commands to crew to fire Hot or Minigun, and not having to auto hover , and firing weapons yourself. Player does have to turn Master Arm ON.

The autohover is real helicopter function, but the auto-collective is fictional. So don't bind the auto-collective and you are in real capabilities of the helicopter.

You have two real modes, Autopilot and Autohover. And you use autopilot to fly the helicopter at high speeds straight and then control it with trim hat. And to get autohover in use you need to be less than 60 meters per minute vertical speed, 30 degree roll and less than 18 km/h in ground speed. And autohover will keep moving in Z and X axis about 10 meters, but vertically it is pilot job to control altitude with collective. Why the Polychop added the "Auto-Collective" to just make it easier for some players to operate helicopter alone.

I do the HOT3 attacks myself without autohover, already get used to fly the Gazelle in hover, target and shoot. But it is possible in good succession only if I hover very near trees so I can maintain visual attitude with them while I am operating Viviane. If I go to higher altitude like 200 meters, I get easily lost as horizont ain't enough to maintain control (or then there is something completely wrong in flight modeling as anyways it is easy to hover at low altitude but at 50 meters or past it becomes really twitchy).

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 1 month later...
I never quite got that meaning.

But I do have few simple wishes.

Totally unarmed doorless version of Minigun Gazelle, for personnel delivery and sling loads.

Does ED Garmin 430 even work with Gazelle? I may try it out. Tottaly forgot about that module as I dont have L-39 or MI-8.

Memoirs of Gazelle crews during Falklands, mentioned that ammo resupply kept Royal Marines and Para alive and fighting. Small arms, 60mm mortar, and 105mm for L118 (M119) howitzers. Jobs that should have been done by RAF CH-47D, but those were busy poluting bottom of the Atlantic along with MV Atlantic Conveyor ferring them.

Removal of doors option, for Lima.

Option to fly Lima and Mistral without WSO. As L and Mistral weapons are under pilot control.

I would be happy with the door-less Minigun version without the Minigun. The option for a pilot in shorts, T-shirt and flip flops would just fill me with joy when exploring new maps.

Apart from a gut, it would look like me sitting in the Pit during my all day relaxing Sunday enjoying eveything DCS!

Oh and I don't actually wear flip flops to fly in DCS at home but I guess a real life pilot kicking back flying in sunny weather has to have something on his feet. :)

I like all of the above DmitriKozlowsky.

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 4:13 AM, DmitriKozlowsky said:

I like the sound of this........

After the real contructors of the gazelle had transform this racing helicopter in a bitza poorly done,to satisfy the army's request for a war helicopter.
Now players want do worse.
Another request added to the lot of stupidity,while the most of players are unable to manage correctly the module in his actual statut.

On 6/8/2020 at 10:31 AM, Rogue Trooper said:

I would be happy with the door-less Minigun version without the Minigun. The option for a pilot in shorts, T-shirt and flip flops would just fill me with joy when exploring new maps.

Apart from a gut, it would look like me sitting in the Pit during my all day relaxing Sunday enjoying eveything DCS!

Oh and I don't actually wear flip flops to fly in DCS at home but I guess a real life pilot kicking back flying in sunny weather has to have something on his feet. 🙂

I like all of the above DmitriKozlowsky.

Pilot in Hawaii shirt, bermuda shorts, and flip flops. Nice! But be warned, flip lops may not be authorized by FAA in RW, as loose sandals can get pulled off and impede function of rudder pedals. Happens in cars also. Recall that tragic Bell Ranger sight seeing tour over Hudson River in NYC. Helicopter lost all power, and for one reason or another, pilot was not able to autorot safely to shore, and went into river. Pilot survived, passengers did not. Turns out it was human error, on part of the passenger in co-pilot seat. Somehow his strap snagged on throttle quadrant and pulled it to cutoff. How? I do not know. But that was pilot's testimony.  Oh well, as long you don't pull a Mizzrani*, and fly safe, who cares.

*Fictional character in Jurassic World film. He disembarked helicopter, as did his CFI, with rotors fully turning and engine at idle, or has not shutdown yet.

Rule #1, do not leave helicopter , unless in emergency, while rotors are turning.

8 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Pilot in Hawaii shirt, bermuda shorts, and flip flops. Nice! But be warned, flip lops may not be authorized by FAA in RW, as loose sandals can get pulled off and impede function of rudder pedals. Happens in cars also. Recall that tragic Bell Ranger sight seeing tour over Hudson River in NYC. Helicopter lost all power, and for one reason or another, pilot was not able to autorot safely to shore, and went into river. Pilot survived, passengers did not. Turns out it was human error, on part of the passenger in co-pilot seat. Somehow his strap snagged on throttle quadrant and pulled it to cutoff. How? I do not know. But that was pilot's testimony.  Oh well, as long you don't pull a Mizzrani*, and fly safe, who cares.

*Fictional character in Jurassic World film. He disembarked helicopter, as did his CFI, with rotors fully turning and engine at idle, or has not shutdown yet.

Rule #1, do not leave helicopter , unless in emergency, while rotors are turning.

Yeah but this is DCS VR..... lets enjoy the freedom. 🙂

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.