Interesting fact about the F-16 Side Stick Controller

Deano87

Yes, TARGET has offset ability in the programming.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Good points fri. But that’s for maximum deflections, pilots are rarely using that much force. For normal flying it’s just fingertip work.[\quote]

Sorry I wasn't clean enough that I understood that was force for Max input, but my points was as well that people working in a far more ergonomic seats (straight) suffers from similar neck problems because their hands are at sides sound very small finger tip movements, that are causing tension to their nerves at back and hands, that causes neck problems as the neck muscles reacts to that.

This is common chiropractor case, while normal doctors typically denies these and treats or as neck problem instead back problem. You can treat it with arms mobility and elbows angles, regardless that the pain feels in neck.

Cause is often in the hands and the seating angle on the thighs and hip, that causes problem in the neck. Cause is not in the neck, even when it hurts there.

The neck pain comes from the 30 degree recline of the back and the subsequent forward tilt of the neck to look forward and down into the cockpit while also pulling G. At least that’s what I remember from talking to my brother about it, but I shall ask him next time I see him. I’ve flown a F-16 sim with accurate control forces and I didn’t find them to be a problem. Also, adrenaline is a great thing for making you stronger when you need to be ;)

What is the normal seat recline angle?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

There is an arm rest on the right side in the F-16.

Again causing problems negate your arm is immobile. And you rest arm that you cause more nerves squeezing etc.

If you want a good chair to sit and work, get a saddle chair.

Sad thing is that you can't fit one in aircraft, nor simpit.

https://salli.com/en/home/

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Regarding the stick position. I’m replicating the real jets seat/stick position as close as I can so the 12 degrees should work for me I think. We shall see hehe.

I am trying to do the same by looking at in cockpit photos, but I can't tell if it's positioned upper, mid, or lower thigh. Right now, I sit down with my arms hanging straight down at my side. I then bend 90 deg at the elbow and where my hand is naturally positioned, is where I move my chair to line up and grip the stick.

Yes, TARGET has offset ability in the programming.

Great to hear! Is it in the UI somewhere or does it require deeper programming/scripting?

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I am trying to do the same by looking at in cockpit photos, but I can't tell if it's positioned upper, mid, or lower thigh. Right now, I sit down with my arms hanging straight down at my side. I then bend 90 deg at the elbow and where my hand is naturally positioned, is where I move my chair to line up and grip the stick.

Same here - this is quite a good pic showing stick location with reference to leg location.

maxresdefault.jpg

I am personally going with mid-thigh location as the bolster on my Obutto rig impacts how far back my upper arm can go. Can easily see how you need the 12 degree offset, if you draw a line from the stick to your shoulder. Pulling/tilting straight back would be quite difficult. As you move the stick location further forward a little you prob need a slightly lower angle (like 1 degree).

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great to hear! Is it in the UI somewhere or does it require deeper programming/scripting?

Doesn't take much, just tell it how much you want to offset, apply, save, and then run the profile.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP