Gazelle Mission Thread

Mt5_Roie

**moderator, can we make this a sticky please ***

Post your favorite Gazelle training or combat mission you've created here! We'd love to see it and test it out.

Along with the missions, please leave a brief description and anything else that you'd think would be helpful.

Looking forward your creations folks!

Let try to keep other chatter to a minimum so only missions can be seen here please.

• Like 1

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

NADIR Navigation Course

NADIR Navigation Course

Fly the navigation course by using the NADIR to manually input navigation waypoints. Land at the FARP at each destination to receive the coordinates to the next FARP. Destination coordinates will be given over VHF radio frequency 120 AM.

There are three versions:

EASY: You will be flying during a partly cloudy morning.

MEDIUM: You will be flying at night with a fog bank rolling in.

HARD: You will be flying at night during a severe thunderstorm. The most direct route may not be the best route.

The easy and medium versions will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete. The hard version is very challenging and may take 2 - 3 hours, if not longer, depending on your route and headwind.

NADIR Navigation Course Easy.miz

NADIR Navigation Course Medium.miz

NADIR Navigation Course Hard.miz

• Like 3

Here's a mission I created using the quick mission generator. I added some waypoints for navigation, and some vehicles to shoot at. Nothing fancy, but they do shoot back!

Gazzelle Creech Missile Practice.miz

• Like 1

Win 10, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra with i5 9600KF @ 4.6GHz, 32G DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 1070, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog stick on VPC Warbird base, Warthog Throttle for jets & helis, CH Throttle Quadrant for props, CH Pro Pedals, 500GB SSDs for installed sims :gun_smilie:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2763924&postcount=5

WPT 1 2 : nav point ( can practice autohover at each point )

WPT 3 : report activity to center command. make a hover, and watch how many insurgent activities. Center command will throw 2 "tigre" to destroy if no AAA is reported.

WPT 4 : 2 insurgent trucks with stolen military materials to destroy.

RTB base

Autohover. missile use. Nadir WPT use. ( see training mission before )

MP usable with your friends.

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

So here's a basic mission I created to use with the Oculus Rift CV1 for a video. The situation is as follows:

Part 1

There is an active heist going on at the Luxor hotel. Ground forces are moving in but need you to scan the street and take out any enemy vehicles. The financial sanity of Las Vegas depends on your success. Don't worry about blowing up enemy vehicles - its Vegas after all and people love seeing things blow up. The enemies are reported at waypoint 1.

The mission will start in auto hover facing towards them (make it easier to shoot the video this way)

Part 2

The Groom Lake guys asked that you go over to the hoover dam area (WP 2) and investigate an "anomaly". Apparently one of their experiments went a little crazy and they need you to check it out. When you get there, investigate the "anomaly" and then RTB to Nellis.

VegasHeist.miz

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

I have a very simple COOP SAM hunter mission that puts you up against various Russian SAMs.

You start at Nellis. Fly about 15km north into the mountains around Gass Peak to waypoint 1. Go very low before entering the mountains to avoid radar detection. Use the the mountains as cover and destroy SAMs with popup attacks before taking care of lesser threats. Ka-50 and A-10C are also available to help out if the need arises as well as Hueys and Mi-8s for troop transport and CSAR missions.

http://i.imgur.com/YFGfTRF.gifv

Have Fun

Gazelle_SAM_hunters.miz

Edited by Derbysieger

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Helicopter War Nevada

The Helicopter War Nevada mission has been updated to include the SA-342M Gazelle. Use it in the light attack role engaging enemy truck and mechanized convoys, for CAS or for troop insertion/extraction and CSAR.

Download here. Enjoy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Helicopter War Caucasus

The Helicopter War mission has been updated to include the SA-342M Gazelle. Use it in the light attack role engaging enemy truck and mechanized convoys, for CAS or for troop insertion/extraction and CSAR.

Download here. Enjoy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Very cool setup for a navigation training mission!

NADIR Navigation Course

Fly the navigation course by using the NADIR to manually input navigation waypoints. Land at the FARP at each destination to receive the coordinates to the next FARP. Destination coordinates will be given over VHF radio frequency 120 AM.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

So here's a basic mission I created to use with the Oculus Rift CV1 for a video. The situation is as follows:

Part 1

There is an active heist going on at the Luxor hotel. Ground forces are moving in but need you to scan the street and take out any enemy vehicles. The financial sanity of Las Vegas depends on your success. Don't worry about blowing up enemy vehicles - its Vegas after all and people love seeing things blow up. The enemies are reported at waypoint 1.

The mission will start in auto hover facing towards them (make it easier to shoot the video this way)

Part 2

The Groom Lake guys asked that you go over to the hoover dam area (WP 2) and investigate an "anomaly". Apparently one of their experiments went a little crazy and they need you to check it out. When you get there, investigate the "anomaly" and then RTB to Nellis.

I downloaded this but dont know where to put the file to play it. can you help please. Thanks

I downloaded this but dont know where to put the file to play it. can you help please. Thanks

I have no idea if this is right, but here's what I did and it works.... I put the .miz file here...

Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Mods/aircraft/SA342/Missions/EN/Single

In my installation there was no "Single" file in EN folder so I created one. In game just go to the Missions tab, select the SA342 and they should be listed.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Yup that did it! Thanks!!

:thumbup:

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

tigerlandbanner_zpsiupwt5jf.jpg

Hi everyone. Since the gazelle release I started to create some small coop missions to fly with my squadron friends etc. and now I would like to share them with you ;)

All the mission text lines were in german so expect a bad english translation but hopefully you will understand most of it.

The missions are minimalistic so do not expect complex triggers or voice overs etc. (frist mission is more or less a weapons training but mission 2 and 3 will be more interesting)

My goal is to build many small missions in a short time so that there is no feeling of repetitiveness. The immersion factor of such missions is the way you "play" them.

Have some A10, Uh1/Mi8 and off course Gazelle pilots and work together as good as you can.

So here are the first 3 missions and new missions are already WIP ;)

Mission1:

EDforum_zpsze4auxks.jpg

Mission2:

edforumT2_zpstvw5zjb0.jpg

Mission3:

edforumt3_zpskmzpdfwn.jpg

OpTerrDTigre-M1-3 ENG.zip

Edited by sorcer3r

• 2 weeks later...

Kobuleti sam clearing

Hi guys

One more mission for the Gazelle

From 5h00 AM to 10 Am the intelligence report that 8 KA 50 will be in Kobulety airport for maintenance operation.

The airport seems to be only protected by a few SAM.

However, the zone between Kobulety Senaki and Kutaisi is heavily defended. Only a stealth opération may have a chance of success.

You are tasking to destroy the Sam to clear the road for a flight of 2 A10C

(custom voice, ramdom events, low altitude flight)

Have fun !

Mission edited to V1.01: found the bug preventing it from loading , it should now work for everyone :) i hope :)

DL link http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1950663/

Edited by alaryk
  • Like 2

Thanks for sharing it alaryk.

Look forward to trying it. :thumbup:

Hi guys

One more mission for the Gazelle

From 5h00 AM to 10 Am the intelligence report that 8 KA 50 will be in Kobulety airport for maintenance operation.

The airport seems to be only protected by a few SAM.

However, the zone between Kobulety Senaki and Kutaisi is heavily defended. Only a stealth opération may have a chance of success.

You are tasking to destroy the Sam to clear the road for a flight of 2 A10C

(custom voice, ramdom events, low altitude flight)

Have fun !

DL link http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1950663/

Won't start up. Keeps being stuck in the loading screen. It's in the correct path...

Won't start up. Keeps being stuck in the loading screen. It's in the correct path...

Have you tried to install it in "C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions" then to open it with mission editor and save it ?

hope it will work!