VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Is there a way to have Vaicom do certain actions for me in the F-16 such as:

"Push comm 1 button 1"

or "Push TACAN 55x Air to Air"

And if so, how would I go about doing it? I've checked the manual, but the only references I can find related to TACAN are for AI RIO/Jester.

Edit: I know I can do "Select Channel 4," but that won't change what SRS currently set to. I can also do "Select 327.00," and that will change SRS, but I want to create something where I can just name the preset and have it work for SRS as well.

I could be wrong but I don't think Vaicom does that for single cockpit modules. Jester can do it in the F-14.

You can make a profile and have it running in the background to Vaicom that can do this kindo of thing though pretty easily

Perhaps try Bailey's free profiles?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242416

My profiles are not as sophisticated as his but do this sorta thing if you wanted to try, I made this for another person here for the Hornet but it gives you an idea

Drop me a PM if you think it would help, I've also got a simialr profile for the Viper

airio commands are not available help!!!

been banging my head against the wall looking into this, for 2 days + now

in F14/in f14 mission, paid/registered airio, enabled in vaicom, hear the beep after giving orderm then nothing check VA and the "airio commands are not available" is there after the recognised phrase.

unstalled vaicom/VA cleared out registry / reinstalled all with latest, even though im on win10 i did the regedit fix not sure if the is the win7/8 fix or not

still no joy

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

been banging my head against the wall looking into this, for 2 days + now

in F14/in f14 mission, paid/registered airio, enabled in vaicom, hear the beep after giving orderm then nothing check VA and the "airio commands are not available" is there after the recognised phrase.

unstalled vaicom/VA cleared out registry / reinstalled all with latest, even though im on win10 i did the regedit fix not sure if the is the win7/8 fix or not

still no joy

Did you add the. ARIO commands to the VAICOM profile?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yes, has been in the profile for a year.

It was working fine. Indispensably good. Then it stopped.

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Yes, has been in the profile for a year.

It was working fine. Indispensably good. Then it stopped.

Get it!

Sorry, only that and enabling in the control panel comes to mind (plus reg keys).

Things didn't get reset, by chance, when you uninstalled?

I tried resetting as a fix before uninstalling.

Works just fine for me in MP. Sorry to hear that others don't have the same experience.

I have given up on Viacom for the time being. Doesn't work in MP. Tried everything. I am just using VA without Viacom.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

"Suggest to try this: set import new modules to OFF, then close VA, delete Config and Database subfolders and restart" Done

Also, F14 does not show as active in VAICOM / easy comms shows as on when its not checked off in DCS

set path + reg fix to DCS dir

DCS repair before all the above too

Edited by skunk160

"Suggest to try this: set import new modules to OFF, then close VA, delete Config and Database subfolders and restart" Done

Also, F14 does not show as active in VAICOM / easy comms shows as on when its not checked off in DCS

set path + reg fix to DCS dir

DCS repair before all the above too

Ah. Have you tried to delete export.lua in scripts? Make a backup!!!

Whenever I have VAICOM not recognising the module I do that. And that always works. Easy Comms will always display on, whenever you're not in a module. All the way in.

So, if you haven't tried it, apologies if you have already.

Close DCS. Close VA. Repair DCS, delete export.lua, start VA, start DCS.

This fix haven't failed me yet. But the "reset Lua" has.

i was in the f14 and still showed no module and Easy comms

i have deleted export etc before, ill try all above again

i was in the f14 and still showed no module and Easy comms

i have deleted export etc before, ill try all above again

Yeah. That's what I meant. When it shows no module, it will also show "Easy Comms" on.

Break a leg...

Close DCS. Close VA. Repair DCS, delete export.lua, start VA, deleted options.lua, start DCS.

still no joy

Close DCS. Close VA. Repair DCS, delete export.lua, start VA, deleted options.lua, start DCS.

still no joy

Well, that's a bummer. And DCS repair deleted a couple of files? And restarting VA put them back?

Does the VA log say anything. Take it you've got debugging on?

still showing only easy comms

other modules dont show on the PTT config page

rollback to 4 earlier AIRIO DLLs no joy, let it upgrade to latest, no joy

am going to uninstall VA and VAICOM completely. clean registry and try again later

still showing only easy comms

other modules dont show on the PTT config page

rollback to 4 earlier AIRIO DLLs no joy, let it upgrade to latest, no joy

am going to uninstall VA and VAICOM completely. clean registry and try again later

Yeah, like I said. Easy Comms on will always show on, until VAICOM detects you're in a module. That's what's happening. It doesn't.

Silly question. You have selected correct DCS install path with correct sliders. Stable/OB/Steam?

If It’s not detecting I’m in a module, what does that mean. It’s not setup, corrupted ?

Yep, beta, stock dcs location, but pointed it there anyway, reg fix, in diag page no other false installs of DCS shown only beta.

Edited by skunk160

If It’s not detecting I’m in a module, what does that mean. It’s not setup, corrupted ?

Yep, beta, stock dcs location, but pointed it there anyway, reg fix, in diag page no other false installs of DCS shown only beta.

If you're in a module, and VAICOM control panel doesn't display which. Well, it means it cannot talk to DCS.

Now, it seems you have done setup and fixes correct. So sorry, I'm out of ideas. Maybe somebody can chip in with something I've forgot.

Almost after every update, I have to do those steps. And those gets

it working again every time. So I'm at a loss here.

I hopefully Hollywood has a fix. I would PM or send a support message if I were you.

ill take any suggestions even daft one mate

uninstalled VA/VAI, cleaned reg of any VA/VAI entries, deleted all folders, rebooted machine

installed VA, started DCS

installed VAICOM restarted DCS

Installed AIRIO restarted DCS

this is my current export.lua

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

theres no dofile for vaicom, can someone with a working vaicom/airio post what theyre export.lua looks like?