Weird result in first tutorial

jfri

In the first voiced tutorial about startup I follow the instructions and the helo starts up with the rotor turning. Then the engine seem to stop since the rotor stop spinning after which I was told that I have successfully finished the tutorial ?

In the first voiced tutorial about startup I follow the instructions and the helo starts up with the rotor turning. Then the engine seem to stop since the rotor stop spinning after which I was told that I have successfully finished the tutorial ?

I had the same experience. "Successfully" started the helo and, then, the engine slowly spooled down until the rotor stopped.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Okay, I tried it and its working correctly. The most common mistake is not maintaning the 2 rotor and turbine rpm needles together when pushing the fuel lever forward after the rotor starts spinning. Push it little by little not all at once, that may be your problem.

31394ee9258d58272f8760475b1a2850.png

Chinook lover - Rober -

Okay, I tried it and its working correctly. The most common mistake is not maintaning the 2 rotor and turbine rpm needles together when pushing the fuel lever forward after the rotor starts spinning. Push it little by little not all at once, that may be your problem.

Thanks. I haven’t had a chance to try it yet but I’m sure that’s it. I just shoved the thing over.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Yes I think that I made that mistake at some occasions. But also I had some problems with the autopilot not being able to set main to on which might have affected the engine.

Now in the case I got everything with the startup correct I encounter a problem when taking off. When I do that the helicopter starts spinning around. Should not the enabled autopilot prevent this ? I can stop this spinning with my rudder pedals but should it be necessary to this manually ?

I can stop this spinning with my rudder pedals but should it be necessary to this manually ?

In helicopters they are not called rudder pedals, but anti-torque pedals, for a reason you discovered the hard way.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5