FFB-Problem

-Mop-

I want to use my Forcefeedback, i want to use it now

I want to use my Forcefeedbaaaaaack, i want to use it when I like...

Gladly for you there is no option on this forum to post me singing Queen-songs...

but please fix ffb, please fix msffb2...

:music_whistling:

I rolled back to 1.2.5, so multiplayer is out for me. Better to fly the p51 in single player than not at all with 1.2.6.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I don't understand your problems with FFB. I got also another FFB behaviour with this version and my G940 but it is still playable. The main difference is that i got much mor force on the stick in hard turns. But i think this is much more realistic.

the important thing with a 100 % working FFB imo is that it shows you how close you are to a stall... so the harder the stick shakes the closer you are... its the best method to find out how tight you can go around the curves... and so to stay on the six of your opponent...

if you keep an eye on your enemy, you´ll certainly lose sight to the cockpit and its shaking, showing you that your closing stall...

so without this feature the p-51-module is imho absolutely useless...:pilotfly:

The more important problem to fix is the delay in inputs when FF is enabled, if you press some input, like showing the map, or joystick inputs etc.. it will happen after few seconds.

Yes, for me it's the delayed inputs that make 1.2.6 unplayable.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

that´s true too... but there´s some Workaround for this... just download a Program called "simffb" an use it... and the delay will be gone

Then there's also the track-ir choppyness bug introduced with 1.2.6... and simffb does not simulate forcefeedback. I just turns your ffb joystick into a spring joystick.:doh:

I'm waiting for a fix, but thanks!:thumbup:

Using Logitech G940, I confirm the following FFB problems in version 1.2.6:

- Mustang: No stick shaker, eg landing felt a lot better in 1.2.5

- DCS A-10C: No trim forces; stick no longer moves to new trimmed position

Using MSFFII: Delays when switching views etc. in 1.2.6. plus the above mentioned problems.

Currently using 1.2.6 on my desktop pc and 1.2.5 on my laptop. This new HP Envy TouchSmart 15 j080ez runs DCS perfectly smooth at very high settings, thanks to the i7-4702MQ quadcore Haswell and the selectable onboard Nvidia GT750 M with 2 Gigabyte dedicated RAM. Running DCS with the on-chip intel 4600 Graphics brings a dramatic fps decrease and various texture/skinning problems. Using the touchscreen to activate the cockpit switches, MFDs etc means a great for immersion (and many fingerprints).

Thank you DCS team for having a look at these problems.

Regards, Turnburn, Switzerland

If I crash to ground with any plane(not only Mustang) in stall condition, the G940 stick keeps vibrating violently, even after the respawn.

It is veeery noisy and annoying, especially at night, while my wife and kids are sleeping :D

If I crash to ground with any plane(not only Mustang) in stall condition, the G940 stick keeps vibrating violently, even after the respawn.

It is veeery noisy and annoying, especially at night, while my wife and kids are sleeping :D

I have the same Problem... especially when you play online the heavy vibrating only stops if i disconnect from server...:joystick:

I have the same Problem... especially when you play online the heavy vibrating only stops if i disconnect from server...:joystick:

I noticed this annoying problem too and wonder what happened, since in the previous version 1.2.5 everything related to ffb and joystickOnly worked well. Please DSC, give us some instructions or a hotfix to resolve these problems and have the ffb of 1.2.5 back. Thank you.

best regards, Turnburn

Everything was not fine previously. You might not have noticed, but ffb with the msffb2 joystick was causing a 33% drop in frame rates in 1.2.4. With 1.2.5 that frame rate drop reduced to 16.5%. 1.2.6 was supposed to finally squash the bug, and it did, but problems appeared in many other places.

Everything was not fine previously. You might not have noticed, but ffb with the msffb2 joystick was causing a 33% drop in frame rates in 1.2.4. With 1.2.5 that frame rate drop reduced to 16.5%. 1.2.6 was supposed to finally squash the bug, and it did, but problems appeared in many other places.

Hi Gavagai. I run 2 DCS versions 1.2.5, on my desktop pc with i7 2600k, win7, nvidia 560, win 7, 64bit and 1.2.6, on my new laptop HP Envy TS 15, Haswell i7-4702, nvidia 750, win 8.1, 64bit. I see no difference in fps, but in 1.2.6 the TrackIR is not as smooth as before. Please tell me your windows version and pc specifications so that we can find out more.

rgds, Turnburn

You won't see the frame rate drop in 1.2.5 until you start maneuvering and pulling g's. If you are using a msffb2 and have ffb enabled in the DCS settings, your fps will only max out at 50. If you don't have this bug, then you'll be the first one I've met to be so lucky.

The track-ir smoothness is another bug that was introduced in 1.2.6.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113775

You can read all about the ffb frame rate bug here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=103586

2500k @4ghz

8gb ddr3

1gb 6870

win7 64bit

msffb2

ch pedals

trackir5

Edited by gavagai

Sorry for my earlier post: I was wrong regarding FFB in the A10C. The trimming forces work correctly. I had messed up my G940 profile, and after fixing the profile it runs perfectly :-)

Regarding the P-51 and the latest 1.2.6. patch(3): Still get no shaking/buffetin forces near a stall. And the non-stop shaking after a crash is still here. It worked in earlier versions and hopefully DCS can fix it again in the next patch. Thank you and regards, Turnburn.