Su-25T - Mercury pod/Russian voices

Hi.

1) I have a question regarding Mercury LLTV pod in Su-25T DCS World version.

Back in FC2 times, video feed from this pod looked like this:

WyEaW.jpg

In a DCS World however it looks much different:

nWaaG.jpg

Please correct me if Im wrong, but I think that LLTV should look more like FC2, than World.

2) What about Russian voices in a Toad and Ka-50 (radio chatter, Rita)?

Im aware of voice pack for BS2, but since there was added few new options to the comms menu, I dont think thats complete solution.

Please correct me if Im wrong, but I think that LLTV should look more like FC2, than World.....

The Mercuriy is a Low-light-level TV camera. As such the current view is definitely more realistic than the current FC2 I/R iteration, ignoring for a moment the current use of the mercuriy as an 'all-seeing-god's-eye'. If anything, it should be dumbed down as the effective range is only about 3km against a tank-sized target - I'll have a closer looksee later.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Old good times seeing targets from 100 km :D

Ekhm.... yes Merkury should be limited to 3 km.... it makes flying with it useless at all :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

....it makes flying with it useless at all :)

Aye - Sukhoi was not happy either and neither was Kamov. Useful only for night flying, not for fighting :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, I probably have to re-understand the concept of LLTV in a Toad (was confused all this time by FC2 "version" of it).

Thanks for giving me straight answer. Life with Su-25T become even harder now. ;-)

Holy crap, that is useless. Are this for real?

It's not bad for tech dating back to 1982. Remember, the 3km is for the dead-of-night so while you can see the tank, he cannot see you :D

During the day, effective range was 10km.

That said, still not very useful at all for anything other than reconnaissance I would have thought and even then it's pushing it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not bad for tech dating back to 1982. Remember, the 3km is for the dead-of-night so while you can see the tank, he cannot see you :D

That said, still not very useful at all for anything other than reconnaissance I would have thought and even then it's pushing it.

But SAMs see you from further distance :P

We know how Merkury should be - how about Shkval?

Now it sees for 50 km and longer... in HDTV quality :) It is nice from perspective of game but bit off from reality.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be interested in the russian voices/english subs thing either, although I see that similar requests have been made in the past but didn't get much attention. I'm sure we'll get a mod or something anyway, just like the one for bs2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

The Mercuriy is a Low-light-level TV camera. As such the current view is definitely more realistic than the current FC2 I/R iteration, ignoring for a moment the current use of the mercuriy as an 'all-seeing-god's-eye'. If anything, it should be dumbed down as the effective range is only about 3km against a tank-sized target - I'll have a closer looksee later.

The 3km range limit, you meant that in the dark, at night?

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Buzpilot viewpost.gif

Originally Posted by 159th_Viper viewpost.gif

It's not bad for tech dating back to 1982. Remember, the 3km is for the dead-of-night so while you can see the tank, he cannot see you biggrin.gif

I'll try read the rest of the comments before i ask next time :)

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup: