Harrier targeting pod and IRMAV questions

CrazyGman

So a couple of questions with the targeting pod. one if I designate a target point for the pod to look at, and then go into the pod, sometimes for some reason the pod will break off from the target area, and look straight ahead again without me un-designating, and then I can't seem to go back to the target area again, and have to now manually slew the pod to the position. point track seems to also be really finicky especially if zoomed in a lot.

Also with the IR mav sometimes I get the crosshairs when I uncage it to disappear, and I can't seem to get them to reappear again, which is annoying, any idea what is happening there?

For the last question, where the crosshairs disappear:

This happens often when you have a target in either the TPOD or DMT and then uncage. The seeker slews to that location, but isn't locked on. When you "Force Correlate" but it fails to lock, the crosshairs separate almost to the screen edges.

At this point, you can do 2 things - either continue to spam force correlate until you get a lock and fire, or slew the IRMV seeker a little bit so it snaps onto the target and locks itself, then fire.

Usually you just have to get closer to target to get a good lock.

i7 9700k | GTX 1080 | 32 gb | X55 + ProFlight pedals | TrackIR | Win10

Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria

A-10C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-16C | UH-1H | SA342 | Mi8 | Ka50 | FC3 | CA | SC | Kiowa