Where’s the VR pilot?

obious

Forget about getting an answer from Razbam...

I tried 2 times on their sticky thread last couple of months. No answer...

They're probably busy on Facebook I guess

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

VR Pilot should come last - get the systems and aircraft finished first, ridiculous to be even chasing this when basics need to be completed, such as TDC slew which has just been bottomed out finally i believe.

But cockpit click-ability and interaction along with MFD night time and brightness and contrast controls take precedence over a VR pilot along with sub pages that need to be completed.

(PS - and i only fly VR)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

VR Pilot should come last - get the systems and aircraft finished first, ridiculous to be even chasing this when basics need to be completed, such as TDC slew which has just been bottomed out finally i believe.

But cockpit click-ability and interaction along with MFD night time and brightness and contrast controls take precedence over a VR pilot along with sub pages that need to be completed.

(PS - and i only fly VR)

Call me crazy and I'm probably the only one, but I'd rather see the pilot body first and then completion of missing and bugged systems

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Call me crazy and I'm probably the only one, but I'd rather see the pilot body first and then completion of missing and bugged systems

Yes I agree with you I have plenty of other modules to learn systems and weapons delivery etc I just want pilot body added it makes such a difference. Just landing the harrier vertically is such a cool thing to do in DCS. It all comes down to personal preference I suppose. I know they posted an image of the harrier pilot just after the mirage pilot was released. I thought therefore it wouldn’t be long but it’s gone a bit quiet since then. I keep hoping it will come with the next OB update.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

An empty seat in the cockpit is a real immersion killer. :(

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

Guys if your genuinely saying that a VR pilot is more important than systems working correctly and bug fixes so you can actually fly the aircraft and utilise weapons then perhaps you have missed the point of this game.

Digital "Combat" Simulator

I'm guessing you guys just play SP or Pve MP but in competitive MP with PVP and human controlled ground vehicles, aka simulating combat in testing weather conditions and night time trust me the lack of a VR pilot is the last thing you even think about.

Perhaps check out war thunder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Guys if your genuinely saying that a VR pilot is more important than systems working correctly and bug fixes so you can actually fly the aircraft and utilise weapons then perhaps you have missed the point of this game.

Digital "Combat" Simulator

I'm guessing you guys just play SP or Pve MP but in competitive MP with PVP and human controlled ground vehicles, aka simulating combat in testing weather conditions and night time trust me the lack of a VR pilot is the last thing you even think about.

Perhaps check out war thunder.

I only play SP

There's plenty of systems on the AV8B that do work and one can enjoy

If your only goal is to play competitive, maybe you should try War Thunder or Call of Duty, which are probably nicely balanced out for MP

To those of us that get satisfaction out of carrier landings, doing AAR, trying to learn the available systems and training procedures, sitting inside an empty cockpit where you have a 100% view on all cockpit switches is super unrealistic and, as said before, totally breaks immersion.

I worked on RNLAF Vipers for over a decade and I can assure you that if you need to operate switches and knobs on either of the side panels, it requires a certain amount of effort (up to the point where you can do it by feel obviously)

Imho, pilot body should be part of module releases.. But certainly 2 years after release...

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

I only play SP

There's plenty of systems on the AV8B that do work and one can enjoy

If your only goal is to play competitive, maybe you should try War Thunder or Call of Duty, which are probably nicely balanced out for MP

To those of us that get satisfaction out of carrier landings, doing AAR, trying to learn the available systems and training procedures, sitting inside an empty cockpit where you have a 100% view on all cockpit switches is super unrealistic and, as said before, totally breaks immersion.

I worked on RNLAF Vipers for over a decade and I can assure you that if you need to operate switches and knobs on either of the side panels, it requires a certain amount of effort (up to the point where you can do it by feel obviously)

Imho, pilot body should be part of module releases.. But certainly 2 years after release...

I knew it was a SP post, as i said, if engaged in flying the sim in complex environments, not against easy AI then as i said you won't be that bothered about the VR pilot but would be bothered about actual issues that prevent bombs on target, first pass, aka the point of a combat simulator.

As i always say, get the basics right of the aircraft, then put the pretty bits on top.

It's ridiculous to wish cosmetic aspects over the simulation systems of the aircraft, hence why i was saying if that is your thing maybe try something that looks pretty and focuses on looking good not being a combat simulator .

DCS & BMS

PS Genuinely no offence meant - was just making the point lets get the aircraft systems working before cosmetics that do not affect the performance of the aircraft for tasking.

DCS & BMS

It's ridiculous to wish cosmetic aspects over the simulation systems of the aircraft, hence why i was saying if that is your thing maybe try something that looks pretty and focuses on looking good not being a combat simulator .

It's everything but ridiculous. If you need a VR Pilot body to keep the immersions, you need it. If someone doesn't need it, he doesn't - period. I'm not using DCS for professional training or to simulate complex environments and battlefield situations. I'm using it to spent some parts of my sparetime. Guys - it's a game - not more.

And if you need a VR Pilot to enjoy the game, the VR Pilot becomes important - in the same way like everything else.

If you are playing a first person shooter and you don't see a weapon but only a crosshair (even if ballistics, tactics, damage models etc are simulated in an awsome way) it's also an immersion breaker - so the VR Pilot is for some people (me included).

I can clearly see your point and i fully agree - the basic functions of the aircraft have to work properly. E.g. the TDC slew - some say it's ok to use buttons instead of axis and some say it's not ok because in the real aircraft it's controled by axis too but it doesn't work for the DCS Harrier. If the aircraft ist not behaving like it should and completely buggy than it's a pain in the ass.

You are completely right on this but never say the wishes and opinions of others are ridiculous just because they don't agree with yours.

PS Genuinely no offence meant - was just making the point lets get the aircraft systems working before cosmetics that do not affect the performance of the aircraft for tasking.

You can imagine advising us to go and play War Thunder, can be received as "offence" :smilewink:

My point was: Having no pilot body is making this "sim" too easy. In reality one will need to seriously move his/her body in such a way to be able to see all side panel switches/knobs. At least to reach the ones that are not often being used and aren't part of the pilots haptic memory (not sure that's the correct translation there).

Imho the pilot body is just as important as being able to see the control stick (which also blocks instruments/switches). An improved pilot body, with arms that slightly move away if you look at the side panels, would be ideal of course

Obviously, without some of the basic systems working, it's no use to have a pilot body. But it's pretty safe to say the AV8B has all basic systems implemented. Not sure when the AV8B was released exactly, but the pilot body is far beyond overdue

(the AV8B is not the only module where this is important part of the VR experience is being neglected for far too long.. but hey, that's my opinion :P)

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

It's everything but ridiculous. If you need a VR Pilot body to keep the immersions, you need it. If someone doesn't need it, he doesn't - period. I'm not using DCS for professional training or to simulate complex environments and battlefield situations. I'm using it to spent some parts of my sparetime. Guys - it's a game - not more.

And if you need a VR Pilot to enjoy the game, the VR Pilot becomes important - in the same way like everything else.

If you are playing a first person shooter and you don't see a weapon but only a crosshair (even if ballistics, tactics, damage models etc are simulated in an awsome way) it's also an immersion breaker - so the VR Pilot is for some people (me included).

I can clearly see your point and i fully agree - the basic functions of the aircraft have to work properly. E.g. the TDC slew - some say it's ok to use buttons instead of axis and some say it's not ok because in the real aircraft it's controled by axis too but it doesn't work for the DCS Harrier. If the aircraft ist not behaving like it should and completely buggy than it's a pain in the ass.

You are completely right on this but never say the wishes and opinions of others are ridiculous just because they don't agree with yours.

Gizmo03 i totally agree with you. :thumbup:

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

No offence meant but everyone has there own agenda and priority’s and for me like many other dcs simmers particularly those that have made the transition to VR this is a big deal. I’ve loved DCS for many years right from the beginning with the A10c, I learnt all the systems and weapons on the A10 as I have with many dcs aircraft hornet mig 21 etc. It didn’t bother me not having the VR pilot using a 2D monitor but since VR It really is something I notice more and more when I fly.

I assume you fly in VR and I get that it doesn’t bother you and that’s great but please respect other people’s priorities, I don’t want to get into an argument that’s not my intention but to suggest that we go and try war thunder because we would like this function incorporated after two years will be taken the wrong way. For me there are enough full fidelity modules that have enough features implemented and have VR pilot added to keep me busy Hornet, Viggen, M2000c. But as a Brit I love the harrier and really look forward to this feature being added as I think some of the work Razbam has done on the harrier despite some harsh criticism has been really good.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Pilot body will come when its ready, its not a 5 minute job.

When doing the Mirage pilot we had to firstly acquire all the accurate gear from boots to helmet which in itself is a large challenge.

Then the model has to been 3D scanned and made to fit DCS. Then the lengthy process of making the 2nd best VR pilot in DCS ( after the mirage of course :)

then you get to play with it. but the above is 6 months work from finding and buying the equipment to finishing the textures.

So please have some patience

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Then the lengthy process of making the 2nd best VR pilot in DCS ( after the mirage of course :)

It shouldn't be the goal to make the second best VR Pilot body. It should be the goal to make it become again the best VR Pilot body in DCS - even better than the one in the Mirage ;)

It's like saying: "Today i shot down 4 enemy aircraft - no one else during this campaing shot down so many aircraft in just one day. Goal for tomorrow is to shoot down 4 - because today i already did better than anyone else before." :D

But ok - i have to admit, if the VR Pilot body for the Harrier is just nearly as good as the one for the Mirage, we can already be very happy.