Cage FLIR = LST. Purpose?

Razor18

You might be right, but a couple of updates back Cage Long was definitely responsible for toggling between FLIR and CCD, and Cage Short was I guess FLIR Boresight. I even reported that the long press is buggy (also SCS FWD Long for HMD was wrong), as it only kicked in after you released the button, no matter how long you held it, and not after 0.8 seconds. The long press was fixed in the meantime btw.

RAID / FOV Short toggles between Wide and Narrow FOV

RAID / FOV Long toggles between FLIR and TV mode

Cage toggles LST, this is a new behavior, but it is correct.

Boresight is accomplished with a double press of Undesignate / NWS.

RAID / FOV Short toggles between Wide and Narrow FOV

RAID / FOV Long toggles between FLIR and TV mode

Cage toggles LST, this is a new behavior, but it is correct.

Boresight is accomplished with a double press of Undesignate / NWS.

Thaks. I remembered FOV Long would toggle White Hot/Black Hot.

Afaik single press to undesignate which will cause the TGP go to snowplough. Double press enables VVDSG.

That's right, however I do not understand, why a double press needed, when a single pres (after Undesignating any tgt) would totally suffice to toggle between snowplow and VVSLV. In the Super Hornet this is the case, and makes even more sense to me. Maybe function misunderstood by the designers?

That's right, however I do not understand, why a double press needed, when a single pres (after Undesignating any tgt) would totally suffice to toggle between snowplow and VVSLV. In the Super Hornet this is the case, and makes even more sense to me. Maybe function misunderstood by the designers?

But we are not in a superhornet.

Finally, a wise comment. Anything meaningful beyond this? :lol:

What can I say, you are talking about a different plane and a tpod that is probably updated and not the same as the one we have here, we use spanish version, while ATFLIR on our hornet, when we get it, doesn't even have to be the same version used on a superhornet.

It’s the way it is because, I presume, this is what the documentation and/or subject matter experts tell ED this is how it works. If you have contradictory information please share it. Otherwise they are simulating the systems as accurately as they can. The Hornet has lots of little avionics quirks and this may just be one of them.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

It’s the way it is because, I presume, this is what the documentation and/or subject matter experts tell ED this is how it works. If you have contradictory information please share it. Otherwise they are simulating the systems as accurately as they can. The Hornet has lots of little avionics quirks and this may just be one of them.

"presume", "may be" ... hrm. If we all don't really know, what is wrong with asking?

I, too, find this behaviour a tad bit ... strange. It is really no big deal, but it seems to be somewhat "backwards"? Or at least less intuitive?

I mean, we have one button that performs one function in this context: undesignate. What do we gain, if we add another function, that even perform two tasks (1. undesignate + 2. enable VVSLV)? Why not keep it simple: 1 x for undesignate (no ambiguities here), and when in snowplough: 1 x to enable VVSLV?

I could easily be convinced that the documentation says something like "to enable VVSLV, depress UNDESIGNATE twice". ED interprets this then as double-click, but it could also be very possible that my solution was actually meant. The only differens for the pilot is the timing of the two depresses - instead of click-click only click, click ...

Edited by Flagrum
spelling