Operation Exigent Riviera 2.0 -SC

zildac

Hi All,

Am using version 2.0 and have tried mission 1 at least 5 times. First few times I definetely didn't follow the plan however the last two times I have performed the CAP between WPT 2-3, intercepted the Iranian F4, been told to RTB when the replacement flight take over the CAP, landed on the carrier not a great landing but I stopped smilewink.gif. Taxi out the way. Shutdown the Hornet, press ESC then select End Mission and get the campaign failure screen. Am I missing something obvious here? I do recall one time that I failed, NOT being told that the F4 was flying back to Iraninan Airspace but he was and I didn't follow as I didn't want to cross into their airspace.

Would really like to progress through this, but it's getting frustrating sad.gif

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Z.

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I think the key is you need to do a close flyby or fly in very close formation with the F4 after you are told to use hand signals to contact it. Not sure the distance, but I had the same issue. If you don't get the voice where you are confirming that he's heading back I think you'll fail, and I think getting in close (flyby or formation) is key to getting that to fire.

Thanks for the reply Rob, yeah it's odd I did fly in close formation for quite some time. I'll try again tonight and see if I can work it out :thumbup:

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

A tip to help with the airspace, box the SEQ1 on the HSI to connect all the waypoints with a dotted line, then the edge of Iranian airspace will be depicted by this line because of how the waypoints are set up. It will give you more SA on how close you can get.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

A tip to help with the airspace, box the SEQ1 on the HSI to connect all the waypoints with a dotted line, then the edge of Iranian airspace will be depicted by this line because of how the waypoints are set up. It will give you more SA on how close you can get.

Good tip. Finally completed Mission 1 last night, so on I go :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect it is right, but it needs serious trim. Also makes AAR even more difficult for me as I'm crap!

As an aside, I still cannot get "Whiplash" to communicate. Magic calls out the coords after circling the crossroads. I change to Channel 8 on COM2 (133.00) and call the JTAC, nothing...COM1 channel 8 the same. I think he fell asleep!! As a result it's pretty tricky to continue because the coords given don't actually seem to drop you near a target if entered as a new WPT (4). Tried a couple of times and the JTAC never responds, shame as would have liked to continue. Am running the latest OB (2.5.6.50793)

As an aside, I still cannot get "Whiplash" to communicate. Magic calls out the coords after circling the crossroads. I change to Channel 8 on COM2 (133.00) and call the JTAC, nothing...COM1 channel 8 the same. I think he fell asleep!! As a result it's pretty tricky to continue because the coords given don't actually seem to drop you near a target if entered as a new WPT (4). Tried a couple of times and the JTAC never responds, shame as would have liked to continue. Am running the latest OB (2.5.6.50793)

The co-ordinates from Magic just get you into the general area for Whiplash. Whiplash will give you the actual co-ordinates to bomb. 1st thing I'd look at is make sure you go north from crossroads a bit before you contact Whiplash. You are at the edge of radio range from them at the crossroads (radio is crackly if you do get them).

I presume because of the way the triggers are set up if you don't make contact you can't really continue the mission. I also think (more so with Axeman -- the 2nd JTAC) they can get killed by the enemy before you get to them which can also break the triggers.

Hi, i have a doubt. In the 2nd mission, is the payload right? because the plane is very unbalanced:

Gbu31 x 1

2 aim9

Tpod

Gbu-12 x 2

Agm 65f x 1

Fpu-8A

thks

It's "right" in the sense that those are the weapons you'll be asked to use. You definitely have to trim aggressively to get the aircraft stabilized initially (i.e. after the cat shot).

The co-ordinates from Magic just get you into the general area for Whiplash. Whiplash will give you the actual co-ordinates to bomb. 1st thing I'd look at is make sure you go north from crossroads a bit before you contact Whiplash. You are at the edge of radio range from them at the crossroads (radio is crackly if you do get them).

I presume because of the way the triggers are set up if you don't make contact you can't really continue the mission. I also think (more so with Axeman -- the 2nd JTAC) they can get killed by the enemy before you get to them which can also break the triggers.

Thanks Rob that makes sense, I hadn't really given much thought to radio transmission distance. I'll try that approach this everning :thumbup:

hi!!

Can anyone explain to me how to locate the jtac laser for the mavf?

I have put in the tpod the laser code that they give me in the option for lst, but from there, I don't know how to make the block

thks

You need to use that lasercode as LSS, its the code the TPOD is looking for, when pressing the LSS Button. The Tpod should look to the approx. direction. After pressing LSS the monitor will freeze until it finds the laser of the JTAC. Now you can press the lock button to set a new target point, the MavF can slew to.

At the moment its possible that the Mav locks something on its way to the targetpoint, while slewing... Didnt find out if it is a bug or not.

Edit: BTW the MavF is not the version that locks on a laser. It has an IR-Optical-Seeker.

Edited by Smudooo

You need to use that lasercode as LSS, its the code the TPOD is looking for, when pressing the LSS Button. The Tpod should look to the approx. direction. After pressing LSS the monitor will freeze until it finds the laser of the JTAC. Now you can press the lock button to set a new target point, the MavF can slew to.

At the moment its possible that the Mav locks something on its way to the targetpoint, while slewing... Didnt find out if it is a bug or not.

Edit: BTW the MavF is not the version that locks on a laser. It has an IR-Optical-Seeker.

Thank you very much, I put the agm65f because it is the one that appears in the second mission. As I did not know how to use it, I have created a mission to practice jtac with payload gbu12, gbu31 an mav. when I contact it, it tells me to use agm65f

Thank you very much, I put the agm65f because it is the one that appears in the second mission. As I did not know how to use it, I have created a mission to practice jtac with payload gbu12, gbu31 an mav. when I contact it, it tells me to use agm65f

I played the mission too. Just want to clarify that you cant lock on a laser with it, you have to take the detour over the tgp.

Another "stupid" question. So I finally got to "talk" to Whiplash and he reads me back a bunch or MGRS? CoOrds. Searching around it seems I can use LAlt+Y to convert these via the F10 map, but it's a major pain in the ass....there has to be a better way of doing this surely? Or am I missing something again?

Another "stupid" question. So I finally got to "talk" to Whiplash and he reads me back a bunch or MGRS? CoOrds. Searching around it seems I can use LAlt+Y to convert these via the F10 map, but it's a major pain in the ass....there has to be a better way of doing this surely? Or am I missing something again?

There's a nice mod for that :)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304451/

Thanks Guys, that's exactly what I need! Just checked out the YT vid too and looks like it should do the trick :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

in the last mission, the primary objective is sa10? when i'm getting to the target, overlord it gives me some coordinates (sa10 position) Do I have to shoot sa 10 with the jsow?its impossible hit it, because it shoots down

The second objective is the sa11 of lar airbase?, because in the end I am left without weapons since my wingman is always shot down

Thks

Hi guys,

in the last mission, the primary objective is sa10? when i'm getting to the target, overlord it gives me some coordinates (sa10 position) Do I have to shoot sa 10 with the jsow?its impossible hit it, because it shoots down

The second objective is the sa11 of lar airbase?, because in the end I am left without weapons since my wingman is always shot down

Thks

You do need to get them both.

You will get updated coordinates en route for the SA10. I launched all my JSOWs at it, then as soon as it went active to start shooting them down, I ordered my wingman to engage air defences. He then shoots his HARMs at the SA10 which is enough to saturate it. I think only one JSOW or HARM got through, but it was enough. The wingman should survive long enough for this.

I then had my HARMs remaining to deal with the SA11, which is an easy kill.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2