Realistic Carrier Cold Start Training Mission

• 1 year later...

This is the my favorite concept of a training mission. I really appreciate the short but efficient explanations about each switch/procedure step.

However just after stopping the bit page to blink, the press of the menu button of the left DDI isn’t detected thus the mission gets stuck (DCS stable 2.7.5.10869).

Edited by Bogey Jammer

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

5 minutes ago, Bogey Jammer said:

This is the my favorite concept of a training mission. I really appreciate the short but efficient explanations about each switch/procedure step.

However just after stopping the bit page to blink, the press of the menu button of the left DDI isn’t detected thus the mission gets stuck.

Thanks a lot for your kind words, I’m currently on vacation away from my PC, but I return home next week and will check this issue, thanks for the report. 👍

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...

Was interested to see how a realistic start-up is done, but I'm stuck (yellow box around pushbutton won’t disappear) when I have to push on the menu button on the left DDI to get the FCS page show up.

(The bottom section of the left DDI is where all the Cautions and Advisory messages appear)

Edited by Gideon312

Try holding the button a little longer.  The DDI button will activate faster than the trigger for the training.  If you press it too quickly you'll get the action from the menu button, but the training won't think you've actually pressed it.

15 hours ago, rob10 said:

Try holding the button a little longer. 

no, that isnt the cause of the problem. The mission makes use of a cockpit parameter: SUPT_id:13

a recent hornet update changed the parameter name, now it’s SUPT_id:12

i’m fixing the mission now, will upload a correct version tomorrow, after I test it to check there are no more issues.

Edit: I've found a few issues, so the update may take longer than I initially estimated. For example on the current Hornet the INS alignment takes 8 minutes, while at the time I created this mission it just took 30 seconds, so I'm updating the mission to take this into account.

best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

On 10/16/2021 at 3:14 AM, Rudel_chw said:

no, that isnt the cause of the problem. The mission makes use of a cockpit parameter: SUPT_id:13

a recent hornet update changed the parameter name, now it’s SUPT_id:12

i’m fixing the mission now, will upload a correct version tomorrow, after I test it to check there are no more issues.

Edit: I've found a few issues, so the update may take longer than I initially estimated. For example on the current Hornet the INS alignment takes 8 minutes, while at the time I created this mission it just took 30 seconds, so I'm updating the mission to take this into account.

best regards,

Eduardo

Take your time, I’m glad you are willing to sort it out and make it available again. I can imagine it takes lots of time to get it working.

Edited by Gideon312

33 minutes ago, Gideon312 said:

I can imagine it takes lots of time to get it working.

Not really so much time, but these days I've been a bit short on free time, so that's why the update will take a bit longer.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 2:34 PM, Gideon312 said:

Take your time, I’m glad you are willing to sort it out and make it available again.

Hello,

I've just uploaded and updated version of this mission. It should now work as intended, even on DCS 2.7

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3310191/

In order to not drag this further, I didn't include aspects of the Hornet that were not modeled when I first designed this mission, like the Datalink setup, MIDS selection, nor the HMD alignment. 

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Gideon312 said:

Hmm, don't know if I am doing something wrong but I'm now stuck at the moment I have to set the engine crank switch to R?

(Note: I couldn't contact tower to request start up as well. (COMM 1 preset 2))

Thanks for reporting, I will take a look and get back to you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

not sure if you are still supporting this mission anymore?

It seems to be stuck at "The bottom section of the left DDI is where all the cautions and advisory messages appear.  We will place the FCS page here, press the menu button."

It won't register me pressing the menu button, yellow bracket remains over it no matter how many times I press it, I tried setting the DDI to the FCS page but didn't trigger anything so I can't proceed with the checklist :cry:  -- its been really good and informative up to this point

(As posted by another user on the Mod/User download files)

--

Any chance you could fix this is or explain how to fix it?

It is excellent to that point, thank you.

Win 11 64, 2 Computers: i7-13700K 64GB, RTX 4090OC 24GB VRAM (primary sim PC) & i9-13950HX 32GB, RTX  4090 12GB VRAM (work & mobile sim laptop), VR: Meta Quest Pro & Quest 3

7 hours ago, Beau1969 said:

Any chance you could fix this is or explain how to fix it?

Hello,

This week-end I’m away from my DCS computer, but I will check the mission once I’m back home, hopefully it can be fixed. It used to work, but the last time I fixed it was on DCS 2.7.

Best regards,

EDIT:

I noted on the file's comments that the user  @Le Sang had already found the cause of the problem ... this made for a very easy fix that I was able to implement via remote access ... the file is now updated. Thanks for making me aware of the problem.

Cheers,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1