DCS: Typhoon!! I am shocked, speechless, and left in total disbelief.

DmitriKozlowsky

Title states it all.

I have a hard time believing that enough public information or open data is out there to make a hi-fidelity simulation of Typhoon. Flight model, radar/sensor performance, weapon performance.

That would make Typhoon the most advanced real world combat aircraft in DCS. A real world Typhoon, fully operational, armed with IRIS-T, and Meteor missiles, and even a cranky Mauser 27mm gun, is enough to make F/A-22 pilot nervous. This is the only aircraft which, in Red Flag, has a kill on F-22. A Luftwaffe Typhoon, has an F-22 silhouette on its starboard (right) side painted. Right side is for simulated, left side is for actual combat kills. In UK, during training, two F-15C jumped a pair of Typhoons, w/o radar in EM silence. Typhoons converted on Eagle's six faster then Eagle pilots could engage with Sidewinders.

Title states it all.

I have a hard time believing that enough public information or open data is out there to make a hi-fidelity simulation of Typhoon. Flight model, radar/sensor performance, weapon performance.

That would make Typhoon the most advanced real world combat aircraft in DCS. A real world Typhoon, fully operational, armed with IRIS-T, and Meteor missiles, and even a cranky Mauser 27mm gun, is enough to make F/A-22 pilot nervous. This is the only aircraft which, in Red Flag, has a kill on F-22. A Luftwaffe Typhoon, has an F-22 silhouette on its starboard (right) side painted. Right side is for simulated, left side is for actual combat kills. In UK, during training, two F-15C jumped a pair of Typhoons, w/o radar in EM silence. Typhoons converted on Eagle's six faster then Eagle pilots could engage with Sidewinders.

Yes the Typhoon is a real beast.....

I remember the fighter pilot episode on it....

It can do 12g and with or without loadout (weapons and fuel tanks) it changes nothing

I can’t wait i want it now :)

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Yes the Typhoon is a real beast.....

I remember the fighter pilot episode on it....

It can do 12g and with or without loadout (weapons and fuel tanks) it changes nothing

I can’t wait i want it now :)

Pretty sure he said 9g loaded......I could be wrong, and either way, it is massively impressive.

I will be starting my new job at the local Typhoon base soon hopefully :pilotfly:

Title states it all.

It will be the weapon systems and electronics which will be the problem for sure......flight performance, plenty is already out there and common knowledge to make an "educated" guess I think, something which won't be a total pie in the skie fudgeball....... ?

Last I head the Typhoon was not on the table anymore, I thought the company went under. I may be wrong, or maybe some other company took up the task.

VEAO (who made the now obsolete DCS: Hawk) folded and had a typhoon in development, although they were working with the british MOD.

This is an entirely new development team to DCS.

Hi guys,

its nice to see you are excited for the Eurofighter Typhoon!!

Etirion is right, TrueGrit VT was founded solely for the purpose to build this jet for DCS, and has no connection to VEAO. We are very confident to have all the data necessary to bring an amazing version of the Typhoon to life.

Thanks again !

Dash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys,

its nice to see you are excited for the Eurofighter Typhoon!!

Etirion is right, TrueGrit VT was founded solely for the purpose to build this jet for DCS, and has no connection to VEAO. We are very confident to have all the data necessary to bring an amazing version of the Typhoon to life.

Thanks again !

Dash

"Amazing version"?! Does that mean having an AESA radar?

Pretty sure he said 9g loaded......I could be wrong, and either way, it is massively impressive.

I will be starting my new job at the local Typhoon base soon hopefully :pilotfly:

Yes i am wrong its structural limits are 12g but in the episode he said 9g loaded or not.....impressive anyway. Look at the f16 it can do 9g but naked.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

It's going to be great anyway.

IDK why people are expecting very recent variant with classified systems like AESA, Meteor etc.?

It wouldn't fit DCS enviroment and other modules like F/A18C, F-16C, AV-8B, A-10C etc. 2003-2007 timeframe and it would be guestimated due to classified systems they wouldn't be allowed to model. Many things would have to be ommited completely.

Faithfully recreated Tranche 1 is a lot better than guestimated classified version.

Classic T1 EF was a beast anyway, it will be dominant in both BVR and VVR due to it's power and aerodynamics like supercruise or maneuverability. It's going to be fun to kick some asses in European fighter. It's great this team have been created, can't wait for the module.

...It wouldn't fit DCS enviroment and other modules like F/A18C, F-16C, AV-8B, A-10C etc. 2003-2007 timeframe ...

I can't see why this should/could be an issue? First we had fighter of the 80's area(FC3)? Now we range from WW2 over Korea area to the 2007-ish or even newer area(JF-17)!

But i agree with erverything else you said, i would prefer a as close to reality EF-2k as possible. And who knows, in 10 years we can have our T2/3... version ;) :beer:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

The "the JF 17 is overpowered and cant be simulated because its too new" crowd will go nuts.

I'm sure China doesn't mind too much. We're all using computers made in China, so why wouldn't they want us flying a sim of their newest fighter jet on them? :)

As long as it's overpowered and out-performs everything else in the sim, I'm sure they don't mind at all :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

9G is GLOC. 10G is spinal compression. 11G is near permanent disability. 12G heart may stop. 7.5G is stressful and painful, requiring rigorous training and special flight suit with inflatable bladders to squeeze blood from lower extremities into upper body. But pilot is still able to fight. This was one of the problems with earlier F/A-22 flight suits, called CombatEdge, it used OBO and bleed air to oxygenate breathing mix, and used to inflate air bladders. When it malfunctioned, it deprived F-22 pilot of oxygen.

US fighters are built for 9G max with sub-second excursion into 9.5G. F/A-18C/D/E/F is G limited by FBW to 7.5G and to 7G by NATOPS.

F-16, F-15 are 9G airframes. 9+G is considered OverG, requiring a through airframe inspection and maintenance. Pulling more then 9G may be considered unsafe, unless it is a combat or flight safety related. Like avoiding a collision.

Mickoyan claims Mig-29 is capable of 11G without airframe OverG. But they conceded that at that load , the pilot will break before the aircraft. Stresses like those are possible in Mig-29 when performing out of envelope, like Cobra , with tragic results. All the Mig-29s ever shot down by Western aircraft pale in comparison to numbers of Fulcrum airframes and pilots lost performing this maneuver.

The actual g limit of an aircraft depends on various factors, most importantly structural strength of the airframe, local stresses at particular locations, aircraft weight, airspeed, altitude etc. The international design standard is 1.5 times the design load limit. So an airframe designed for 9 g at a given gross weight should be able to absorb 1.5 times that load at this same weight. You always have wear and tear on the airframe the higher and more often the airframe is stressed the faster is the life consumption. An airframe designed for 6000 Fh lile the Eurofighter for example wouldn't last that long if you permanently fly it to the limits. The lifing specifications are based on assumed load spectrums to be encountered throughout the life of an aircraft with underlying mission profiles. Different measures can be taken to increase the g tolerance of pilots, in addition to the physiological conditions of an individual and training, the seat inclination and other aspects of the cockpit design as well as the flying suits of the aircrew are all factors that dictate how many g and more importantly for how long a pilot can be exposed to these.

I'm sure China doesn't mind too much. We're all using computers made in China, so why wouldn't they want us flying a sim of their newest fighter jet on them? :)

As long as it's overpowered and out-performs everything else in the sim, I'm sure they don't mind at all :)

AD

I'm sure that the Grim Reapers, with the help of some WWII warbirds, will do their best to decrease that level of comfort. :)