AV8BNA VR Pilot in the works.

Timghetta

Finally no more empty cockpit. I think the pilot's body is excellent. This increases immersion enormously.

I am very happy to see the Harrier back on the road to success. Please keep up the good work.

I'm already looking forward to your MiG 23. 😀

• Like 4

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 11:03 PM, jojo said:

Yep, that's my feeling too in M-2000C.

Just shift your head back while looking straight ahead, and hit VR reset command (or Numpad 5).

Then it's ok, when I look down I feel like wearing the flight suit 😄

Even better way is to use the keyboard numpad commands to move the viewpoint forward/backward and up/down (left/right is not required) to position your head properly with the 3D pilot. And then hit that Viewpoint Save (IIRC AltGr + Shift + Num5) to store it as the default. Now you can at any given point just reset your viewpoint normally and you are in proper position.

Now the next level 3D pilot cockpits that should be raced by different studios who is first to implement are:

1) Hands move with the virtual gloves.

2) Upper torso moves by the head position (leaning)

3) Head moves with the head, so you see right in the mirrors etc.

4) Virtual hands cast shadows 😉

That is the next gen version when ED makes such possible.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The Pilot looks superb.

I just love sitting in this air frames Pit, it just looks like a well worn marine that gets better and better with time.

Razbam,

Please please please allow the DCS main menu selection of “show pilot body in cockpit as default” to decide whether the pilot is shown as standard in cockpit. I feel this selection in the main menu is self explanatory and as an adult I knew what I was getting into when I clicked it.

For the majority of users that hate the pilot body in cockpit then I would suggest not clicking the “show pilot body in cockpit as default” icon in the standard menus as it may offend them.

Razbam…… you are the kings of pilot figures in pits, please act like it.

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 2

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2021 at 12:45 AM, Rogue Trooper said:

The Pilot looks superb.

I just love sitting in this air frames Pit, it just looks like a well worn marine that gets better and better with time.

Razbam,

Please please please allow the DCS main menu selection of “show pilot body in cockpit as default” to decide whether the pilot is shown as standard in cockpit. I feel this selection in the main menu is self explanatory and as an adult I knew what I was getting into when I clicked it.

For the majority of users that hate the pilot body in cockpit then I would suggest not clicking the “show pilot body in cockpit as default” icon in the standard menus as it may offend them.

Razbam…… you are the kings of pilot figures in pits, please act like it.

A big +1 on everything @Rogue Trooper said above!

I recently rediscovered the AV8B and I totally fell in love with it. The pilot body is next level! RAZBAM, you're doing yourself short by not showing the pilot body by default 😉

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• RAZBAM_ELMO unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

@Timghetta

Your pilot's bodies are currently the measure of all things in DCS. 
Would it be conceivable that you create pilot bodies for other Devs? (Of course you should be paid!)

An A10C, Mi-24P, MiG21 with one of your pilot's bodies, that would be great. 

Just the question: Would it be conceivable?
  • Like 1

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

• 4 months later...

I concur, the VR pilot looks fantastic and great inmersion booster.
When I take out my headset, and come back to the sim moments later, my VR needs to be recentered. In those moments Im scared by the Sleepy Hollow fighter pilot lol

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle