THE SERPENTS HEAD F18C CAMPAIGN

Badger633

12 hours ago, Lordendo said:

I’ve been working  thru the campaign, lots of fun!  Just finished the road block one flying to the airport.  Lol tough landing using my clutch and gas pedals.  Spun and slid the aircraft and left tire strips on the runway, but was under 70 and didn’t flip.  Taxied and completed the mission.  

I’ve hated A/G anything until the campaign.  Super enjoyable and challenging.

Glad your enjoying the campaign.
You will find the follow up campaigns ‘Serpent’s Head2’ and then the ‘Rise of the Persian Lion’ will introduce you to more and more varied missions and slowly build your ability to operate the aircraft. They also continue the story line of Ford’s escapades 👍

Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Right on, yep….. already downloaded. I’m working on the final mission of SH1 right now.  Having some trouble finding where the stadium is but I’ll get it.  Also struggling a bit with the startup, my ILS doesn’t boot up correctly for some reason (not going to ok after the GND timeout) This is what’s great about the campaign though.  Really helps with a beginners progression

35 minutes ago, Lordendo said:

Right on, yep….. already downloaded. I’m working on the final mission of SH1 right now.  Having some trouble finding where the stadium is but I’ll get it.  Also struggling a bit with the startup, my ILS doesn’t boot up correctly for some reason (not going to ok after the GND timeout) This is what’s great about the campaign though.  Really helps with a beginners progression

HI

You will get it. Just check out a video on the ins start up. Let me know if your really stuck.  To find the stadium  it is given as a distance and bearing from the way point. The easiest method is to fly around the way point  and then fly in nad over the way point when on the given bearing. If you keep the last way point active you will have a distance read out also. Just need to fly accurately . 

Yes the campaigns will stretch you, but slowly and force you to learn new things.

I am just working on an imminent update for the Serpents Head which will add kneeboards to all the missions. Will be out today or tomorrow.

Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.