Which high fidelity modules have the most in game training missions?

himilou

Hi All,

Fairly new to DCS, I now consider myself capable of takeoff, landing most of the time, franticly firing missles at anyting in the air that is a different color than me and getting shot down!!

I purchased flaming cliffs 3 and have spent a decent amount of time flying the SU-27 because that has the most in module training missions. I have to say that as an American its an additional struggle to learn the various in Russian symbology etc.

While there are several more planes to learn in FC3 the in game training missions seem almost non existent and I wouldnt mind purchasing my first Full Fidelity module.

Question.

Which modules have the most in game training missions? I would prefer NATO based aircraft due to my unaccomplished Russian as a second language skills.

Also Im guessing that everyone is going to shout FA18. If it has to be that aircraft thats fine but it seems like everyones grandmother already flies those so I wouldnt mind flying something else.

Thanks~

Himilou

G'day,

I have all the modules so i went into my training missions and counted them for you.

Fixed wing

A10C = 14

Viggen= 10

Harrier= 66

F16C= 8

F5E= 10

F18C= 20

F14= 15

JF17= 2

M2000C= 20

MIG21= 15

C101= 4

F86= 9

L39= 8

MIG15= 5

MIG19= 10

Chopper

KA50= 7

MI8= 4

Huey= 7

WW2&PROP

P51= 10

Spitfire= 4

BF109= 5

FW190A8= 5

YAK52= 3

FW190 DORA= 5

P47D= ?

I think these are all standard training missions that come with the modules. I Didn't count the Flaming cliffs as you are only looking at high fidelity modules. The Harrier surprised me by having a ton of training missions,By far the most. Unfortunately i can't tell you how many the P47 Has because i just recently switched to Stable from Open Beta and the P47 Isn't there for stable even though i own it i don't remember if it had training missions or not sorry . Anyway hope this helps. If you have any more questions ask away and I'll try to answer them for ya! :thumbup:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

That was more than helpful!! Have you done any of the missions so could provide input into how complete they are?

Thanks!

I'll just say what I tried,

F/A-18: all the basic stuff you need but it doesn't go into advanced weapons (guided bombs, A/G missiles...) nor does it go into a lot of systems (TGP, radar modes, countermeasures, ddi pages...) it's really not that complete though there already is quite a lot of content, they are probably waiting to do the advanced missions until the systems are fully working and authentic

F-16: basic stuff missing, not complete at all

F-14: I'd say most of the pilot side is covered, the RIO side is very bare bones though, only some radar modes tutorial, nothing else.

Mirage 2000: I don't remember too well but I'm pretty sure you can just about do anything after playing the training missions though I don't know if they corrected their missions to suit the new countermeasures panel.

AV/8b harrier: yeah, almost all that is present on the plane is explained in the training missions, nothing to say more...

JF/17: literally two missions, startup and takeoff BUT there is a user made training mission set with exactly the same quality if not better than the training missions listed above, plus it's really complete and you learn everything you need and even more, the cm802akg and the laser guided bombs are missing but that's all I can think of weapons wise, I'm pretty sure it covers all the systems, here it is: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=260933

AJS37: Don't remember too much but I don't think they go in depth into the mission computer or teach certain weapons and systems that are pretty important such as the counter measures or the ground radar. Not that complete...

A10C: perhaps due to the complexity of this module I would hope for a bit more of missions but at the same time I think that you are combat capable after playing the missions but not for all weapons though, I played the enemy within 3.0 campaign after these training missions and I did have to learn a few things such as setting up new waypoints, using jdam's and other small things.

Ka50: I also feel the same way as the A10C

Huey:Not a heavy module systems wise so not that much missions on that side though it still really needs a navigation training mission, one nice thing it has are some flying and helicopter handling missions (and videos) which I think are unique to this module in game.

Mi-8: I think they suffice since the mi-8 isn't that heavy systems wise, has some navigation missions too but no handling missions like the huey which is a missed opportunity because flying them is really quite hard.

Sa342 gazelle: The missions are pretty much a joke, you do learn how to start the helo but other systems such as the camera and the INS are shown so quick and without any depth that I no joke remember having a 10 second training mission, other things are missing too.

Pretty much all I can say

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Just picking up on the SU25T Russian cockpit comment you made in your OP. You can actually change the cockpit to English from the menus. I can’t tell you how, exactly, as I’m away from my PC. But I’m sure someone will tell you how.

Edit: Wrong plane, lol. Probably possible in the SU27 too, but not sure.

To change to English cockpits from Main menu go Options/ Special / FC3 ... you can change all the Russian planes!

Afaik you can only change the cockpit if you dwonload and install the custom one from https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/

The default ingame options let's you change only the HUD language (Options > Gameplay > Avionics language).

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria