INS bugs?

Kercheiz

Hi,

When I try to make an INS update, either by overfly or radar ranging, I can mark the point, the deltas show in the INS display, it's less than 15nm and VAL & REC buttons light up, but, when I press VAL, it seems nothing happens, because the reference waypoint does not move to the marked object. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, when entering an DeltaAlt (offset mode) in feet (left screen) the results gets converted to meters. For instance, entering -00086 on the left results in -00026ft and -0008m while it should be -00086ft and -0026m. I guess this is a bug.

Cheers!

Hi,

When I try to make an INS update, either by overfly or radar ranging, I can mark the point, the deltas show in the INS display, it's less than 15nm and VAL & REC buttons light up, but, when I press VAL, it seems nothing happens, because the reference waypoint does not move to the marked object. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, when entering an DeltaAlt (offset mode) in feet (left screen) the results gets converted to meters. For instance, entering -00086 on the left results in -00026ft and -0008m while it should be -00086ft and -0026m. I guess this is a bug.

Cheers!

When validating the update, it should move the cross to the exact coordinate location (basically it's resetting INS drift to 0)which is a bug already reported as it should move it to the point designated during the update.

You seem to do everything correctly, so just silly question : don't you have the disable drift option activated ? :D

Cause in this case, you will still get INS drift value on the PCN but as drift is disabled, your waypoint will be on the correct location hence it wont be updated once you validate the update.

Regarding the altitude offset, i've reported it in the bug section. It's a display bug only, calculation seems to take into account the data entered in feet.

When validating the update, it should move the cross to the exact coordinate location (basically it's resetting INS drift to 0)which is a bug already reported as it should move it to the point designated during the update.

You seem to do everything correctly, so just silly question : don't you have the disable drift option activated ? :D

I don't think so:

Untitled.png.2d346fbcc340135a19e4aad7f0e559aa.png

Cause in this case, you will still get INS drift value on the PCN but as drift is disabled, your waypoint will be on the correct location hence it wont be updated once you validate the update.

Regarding the altitude offset, i've reported it in the bug section. It's a display bug only, calculation seems to take into account the data entered in feet.

That's a nasty one, I was overcorrecting! When I wanted 26 ft I was compensating manually to 86 in order to display 26...