THE TGP really drive me mad!!

flankerjun

track a moving target is very difficulty.

in the 2.5.5, in POINT track it is easy to track a moving unit, but with the new TGP,i cant slew in POINT track,and in need to slew the TDC near the target,then press TMS RIGHT twice to point track,then cant track,try it again,press TMS RIGHT twice,and the TDC came back to the very first place!!!

when i try many times i have locked the target,i zoom in or zoom out ,i will lost the track for moving target.

also with LGB i find that hit a moving target i only have 50% chance ,i dont know the reason,in 2.5.5 i remember it is 90% at least.

AGM65E works fine for me.

Edited by flankerjun

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

Yeah it is definitely harder to do now, much prefer the A-10C method.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Is is accurate behavior or a bug? I'm having the same problem.
I try many times found that the laser switch off automatically before the bomb hit the target.

For a fixed target,the TTI went to zero when the bomb hit the target,but for a moving target,the bomb will fly more time,but the laser switch off as the same time as the fixed target.

通过我的 V1955A 上的 Tapatalk发言

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

Subscribed. I think this might have something to do with a miss interpretation of the spanish documents they based on. There is no way in this world that any nation would have approved a TGP like this and even pay for it.

Stay safe

Subscribed. I think this might have something to do with a miss interpretation of the spanish documents they based on. There is no way in this world that any nation would have approved a TGP like this and even pay for it.

I can't wait for the [CORRECT PER AVAILABLE DOCS] tag, and the weeks and months of arguments between people on why this behaviour is inaccurate.

I haven't even had a chance to test it out yet and I'm already pulling my hair out.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

I haven't even had a chance to test it out yet and I'm already pulling my hair out.

Same here. It doesen't sound good indeed.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Test it first. Yes the workflow is different, but I can’t say there’s anything wrong with it. Not sure why everyone is panicking.

Test it first. Yes the workflow is different, but I can’t say there’s anything wrong with it. Not sure why everyone is panicking.
You're right hopping on the band wagon without hearing the band play for yourself is never a good call.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Played around with it a little bit and I like it! My tip is to put the reticle in the path of the vehicle you want to track, go PTRK and then let the vehicle "drive" into the tracking gate... it'll start tracking when it detects the movement. I tried mission units and AI civilian traffic. Seems to work very well but takes a little bit of practice.

track a moving target is very difficulty.

in the 2.5.5, in POINT track it is easy to track a moving unit, but with the new TGP,i cant slew in POINT track,and in need to slew the TDC near the target,then press TMS RIGHT twice to point track,then cant track,try it again,press TMS RIGHT twice,and the TDC came back to the very first place!!!

when i try many times i have locked the target,i zoom in or zoom out ,i will lost the track for moving target.

also with LGB i find that hit a moving target i only have 50% chance ,i dont know the reason,in 2.5.5 i remember it is 90% at least.

AGM65E works fine for me.

Can you imagine pilots having to do this stuff IRL? XD

Stay safe

Alrighty just gave it a whirl. Was able to do the old 4 F mavs in one pass as usual. Yay! Tip: don't use area or point track, just slew over each target and designate.

Once you use area for a stationary target or point track for a stationary or moving target I dont see it being much of an issue to toggle them off to regain "slewability".

A/A is a bit clunky but more practice and no doubt some fine tuning on ED's end is required. I had a fulcrum locked with both the pod and the radar but I didn't get a ©orrelate under the target box on the hud. I dunno.

So far so good. Pleasantly surprised.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like above just put it ahead and then go to PTRK mode and let it capture the unit. If it misses and you've been scrolling around a bit from DESG point it sometimes works best to hit TDC depress, drag the offset curser to infront of the vehicle again and then SENSOR back to ground mode and it will move the TGP to the new DESG point.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

Alrighty just gave it a whirl. Was able to do the old 4 F mavs in one pass as usual. Yay! Tip: don't use area or point track, just slew over each target and designate.

Once you use area for a stationary target or point track for a stationary or moving target I dont see it being much of an issue to toggle them off to regain "slewability".

A/A is a bit clunky but more practice and no doubt some fine tuning on ED's end is required. I had a fulcrum locked with both the pod and the radar but I didn't get a ©orrelate under the target box on the hud. I dunno.

So far so good. Pleasantly surprised.

I used to be very proficient with the MAV F's , locating target with TGP, designating target, sensor select to MAV screen, usually it uncages and goes right to target TGP is locked on, but when I undesignated with MAV as SOI, so I can slew seeker and lock up target, it puts the TGP into snowplow mode or somewhere but it loses it's lock , which is frustrating because I used to be able to rapidly slave each mav seeker to where the TGP is looking, and the TGP stayed locked in that target area. I maybe missed something in all these new tweaks to the TGP … thanks !

I used to be very proficient with the MAV F's , locating target with TGP, designating target, sensor select to MAV screen, usually it uncages and goes right to target TGP is locked on, but when I undesignated with MAV as SOI, so I can slew seeker and lock up target, it puts the TGP into snowplow mode or somewhere but it loses it's lock , which is frustrating because I used to be able to rapidly slave each mav seeker to where the TGP is looking, and the TGP stayed locked in that target area. I maybe missed something in all these new tweaks to the TGP … thanks !
Ah ok. I wasn't undesignating the mav. Therefore I wasn't getting this snowplow issue. I would uncage the first mav then switch back to the TGP to slave the mav (which slaves each subsequent mav) to whatever point you designate with the TGP. If the maverick didn't like where it was looking I would continue to designate with the TGP until I acquired a lock.

Its funny that the mav and other AG missiles take priority over the raid/flir button while the TGP is SOI while the NWS/undesignate button sends the TGP back to SP while the mav is SOI. The former has been proven correct but the latter sounds like a bug with the switchology.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah ok. I wasn't undesignating the mav. Therefore I wasn't getting this snowplow issue. I would uncage the first mav then switch back to the TGP to slave the mav (which slaves each subsequent mav) to whatever point you designate with the TGP. If the maverick didn't like where it was looking I would continue to designate with the TGP until I acquired a lock.

Its funny that the mav and other AG missiles take priority over the raid/flir button while the TGP is SOI while the NWS/undesignate button sends the TGP back to SP while the mav is SOI. The former has been proven correct but the latter sounds like a bug with the switchology.

Great thanks for the info I’ll try it tonight , didn’t know when you uncage the first mav all the others would slew with TGP and you could lock up a target by slewing TGP . Guess I’m used to doing it the other old way by going soi back to mav screen undesignating then slewing mav seeker to get lock .

Great thanks for the info I’ll try it tonight , didn’t know when you uncage the first mav all the others would slew with TGP and you could lock up a target by slewing TGP . Guess I’m used to doing it the other old way by going soi back to mav screen undesignating then slewing mav seeker to get lock .
Yep it works quite well, just make sure you are stable (attitude hold helps) or the mav will struggle a bit.

Workflow goes like this:

SOI TGP

Designate target

SOI MAV (mav will uncage and slave to designated target, no need to press uncage)

SOI back to TGP

RIFLE on good lock

Next mav should be uncaged and slaved on previous point.

Designate next target, mav will slave to new point.

RIFLE on good lock.

Repeat for next 2 mavs.

Apologies if you understood the first time. The odd time I have issues with the auto cage/uncage not working but it's pretty consistent for the most part.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't wait for the [CORRECT PER AVAILABLE DOCS] tag, and the weeks and months of arguments between people on why this behaviour is inaccurate.

Yeap, that has happened way more than it should have. Well, it does mean that ED listens, but it also means that their management methodologies are pretty bad, like there is no need to fight the community for so long (with the unfair treatment that comes with which Nick has talked about in the past) just to do exactly what they initially reported. One time ok, but if it happens so many times then some course correction is needed, maybe Kate can bring that to us, she seems to have an extremely strong hand.

Edited by hein22

Stay safe

Yep it works quite well, just make sure you are stable (attitude hold helps) or the mav will struggle a bit.

Workflow goes like this:

SOI TGP

Designate target

SOI MAV (mav will uncage and slave to designated target, no need to press uncage)

SOI back to TGP

RIFLE on good lock

Next mav should be uncaged and slaved on previous point.

Designate next target, mav will slave to new point.

RIFLE on good lock.

Repeat for next 2 mavs.

Apologies if you understood the first time. The odd time I have issues with the auto cage/uncage not working but it's pretty consistent for the most part.

no , thanks for the clarifying of the steps, that seems super easy to get 4 mavs off in one pass !

As for the auto laser turning off once TTI reaches zero, that needs to be addressed. AFAIK, the laser keeps firing for 10 seconds after TTI zero, exactly because TTI is not always accurate, especially when dealing with moving targets. That info is for the USN ATFLIR though. I do expect that the implementation would be similar though.

Edit: I also believe that the point track gates should adjust to the track object's size. This is a more universal thing, it's how tracking software works in targeting pods and other sensors in general. There are a lot of IRL video and picture evidence online, of targeting pods adjusting the gates. I've never seen any pod go into point track without adjusting the reticle to the object's size. In DCS, the LANTIRN in the F-14 does it, as well as the Litening II in the A-10C and the WMD-7 on the JF-17. But again, I couldn't find something specific to the Spanish implementation of the Litening II.

Edited by Harker

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

As for the auto laser turning off once TTI reaches zero, that needs to be addressed. AFAIK, the laser keeps firing for 10 seconds after TTI zero, exactly because TTI is not always accurate, especially when dealing with moving targets. That info is for the USN ATFLIR though. I do expect that the implementation would be similar though.

Edit: I also believe that the point track gates should adjust to the track object's size. This is a more universal thing, it's how tracking software works in targeting pods and other sensors in general. There are a lot of IRL video and picture evidence online, of targeting pods adjusting the gates. I've never seen any pod go into point track without adjusting the reticle to the object's size. In DCS, the LANTIRN in the F-14 does it, as well as the Litening II in the A-10C and the WMD-7 on the JF-17. But again, I couldn't find something specific to the Spanish implementation of the Litening II.

Autolase doesn't turn off at TTI = 0, it waits a good few seconds (5-10maybe) after timeout.

The Point track gates are WIP ATM afaik, because we are still waiting on the flir renderer. All the pod sees right now is 'an object' without any info on its size.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2