pedals thrustmaster help to setting rudders

Saitek PRO or Combat pedals use low cost potentiometer like TFRP so they start spike is just matter of time.

In last years Madcatz QC drops like their shares value.

CH PRO Pedal use good quality pot, but wires in pot' tabs is not welded, but use connector, that can became loose and pot spikes. Besides this their electronics is obsolete (8 bits).

If you want quality go for the "Next Gen" pedals with contactless sensors, ball bearings in pivots - Baur, MFG, Slaw, VKB.

Thanks for that. I used to have the CH pedals years ago, but didn't really like them much.

Re potentiometers, my Logitech G27 wheel and pedals has the same type of potentiometers and it has survived a serious 6 or 7 years of real race bashing without any issues. Takes a lot more stress and strain than flight pedals. So, I guess nothing is certain in that respect.

Although kit like the MFGs would be great, there is no way in the world that I could justify that kind of expense!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 2 years later...
This is what I use

ttTirc4.png

But take into consideration that setting up controls is often a matter of personal tastes.

Thank you very much, this is the only settings i found helpful, if i want to make my rudders even less sensitive what value should i change?

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you very much, this is the only settings i found helpful, if i want to make my rudders even less sensitive what value should i change?

If you want to make your rudder less sensitive at low deflection (near center), then you should increase the curve settings. It will lower the sensitivity near center while increasing it at higher deflection. If you think you never need high deflection and/or use trim rudder a lot you could also try to lower the Y saturation setting.

I would not recommend such a large center deadzone (8%), with that in my opinion you decrease your micro correction cause you do not know when your input are active or not. And so you overdo them until you notice it.

Also not sure why the X saturation is at 98% instead of 100. This create high deadzone. Decreasing a little bit the active throw of your rudder. It can help if you have calibration problem and/or not really accurate rudder pedal sensor. Otherwise.. It make your rudder more sensitive. What is your rudder model?

Note, you responded to a 2+ years old post :doh: Welcome on the forum!

Talking of a 2 year old thread, I read my post above and laughed. Since then, I have spent £450 on the TM TPR pedals!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yeah, i am sorry but i am VERY new to DCS. i thought i shouldn't create a new thread for this.

My pedals are the TFRP TM pedals

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, i am sorry but i am VERY new to DCS. i thought i shouldn't create a new thread for this.

My pedals are the TFRP TM pedals

Don't be sorry, the thread is still relevant!

BTW, if I were you, I would consider upgrading your pedals. I used to have the TFRP ones, and the difference to TPR is chalk and cheese. The extra sensivity really makes a huge difference!

I am HEAVILY involved in simracing, my stuff costs thousands of $, (i mean REALLY HIGH END stuff), i just always loved flight sims too, and F-16C is by far my favorite fighter, as soon as i heard that DCS released it i HAD to start. i have done some real life flighting too, but at this point i wanted something simple and economical to start with. Can't pay for high end stuff both for simracing and flight sim at the same time :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am HEAVILY involved in simracing, my stuff costs thousands of $, (i mean REALLY HIGH END stuff), i just always loved flight sims too, and F-16C is by far my favorite fighter, as soon as i heard that DCS released it i HAD to start. i have done some real life flighting too, but at this point i wanted something simple and economical to start with. Can't pay for high end stuff both for simracing and flight sim at the same time :P
Also a sim racer here so one set of pedals for both. I mentioned in another thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=257914 how to use them both for rudder and toe brakes (using a modifier to switch between them if you prefer). Just in case of any interest.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]