Several Video on Carrier Operation and DCS Supercarrier

Ive documented what I ve learned about Carrier Operation, it's terminology, carrier strige group, squadrons, organization in the carrier strike group, Also how to sequentially launch aircraft from DCS supercarrier for smooth sequential launch cycle. Useful also for creating videos

Hope you might found something useful

Carrier Operation :

Nimitz Class Supercarrier :

Nimitz Class Supercarrier Part 2:

Sample of Spotting aircraft in flight deck :

Crew, Equipment, Aircraft, Spawn of DCS Supercarrier :

Sequential Launch Cycle in DCS Supercarrier:

Also check out my FA18C Hornet DIY Cockpit

Using my DCS FA18C Cockpit :

Build process in 4 Part video :

My Display Solution for the cockpit :

Edited by hobbytechgear06

Hi , when I try and run the mission I get the following error message?

16f79b542226a1da7755dab520b8c11e.jpg

Any idea why? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Cheers, I did search on user files using USN deck crew and could not find anything......

HTG, you said you were not aware of this being needed in the mission? Any idea why this message comes up?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi, I have installed the mod as per instructions, but still get the error message? Do I need to do anything in mission editor to make it work?

No if you installed it as per intructions it should work, do you see the usn deck crew under cant remember now in the me under deck crew or something similair(Under static objects) you should see option blue shirts and yellow shirts etc for the deck crew placements on deck

i got it in c: /user/user/saved games/mods/tech/us navy equipment

ps its called now us navy deck equipment not usn deck crew as it was before

Edited by pete_auau

I have that same file structure after installing.......

I am still,trying to understand why we need to download and install this mod, when the mission maker says he does not have it and did not use it?

I have that same file structure after installing.......

I am still,trying to understand why we need to download and install this mod, when the mission maker says he does not have it and did not use it?

ok i just downloaded it and it said in red letters deck crew req for the mission to work when i clicked on the mission. had no issues since i have the mod ps have you got the steam version or the standalone version, since maybe if you got the steam version it may be the reeasion its not working for you

Edited by pete_auau

Hi, not the steam version. Would be good if HTG can comment, as the mission maker...

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping this.....since the last update, I can start the mission now without getting the error. However, there is no screen to pick a flight and when I press the fly button, I am in F2 view on the carrier deck and can’t get into any jet?

Is this correct? Anyone else tried the mission?

Thanks

Nice set of videos, thank you for consolidating.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

I would love to try this mission out, has anyone who downloaded it been able to use it?