FA-18C Raven One Campaign

Good Day!

I am really excited about the upcomming Hornet Campaign based on Kevin Millers book with Jello and Sunshine as SMEs.

Are there any Little tidbids to share?

I guess release in earnest when the Bug is feature complete?

Thanks, I really looking forward to it.

Hey! Happy to share more info about this, I think most of it is on my Facebook page (link in the sig). The development time will take between 6-9 months and also will be linked to the progress made on the Hornet.

I will soon release the list of voice actors and roles they will play - which may be an interesting list ;) we’re also hard at work on adapting the book to DCS as there are things that will need to be changed (like the missions over Iraq that won’t be possible to recreate over there due to limitations of the PG map).

Stay tuned for more infor!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Raven One, cool... I enjoyed reading that book. Thanks!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 1 month later...
Hey! Happy to share more info about this, I think most of it is on my Facebook page (link in the sig). The development time will take between 6-9 months and also will be linked to the progress made on the Hornet.

I will soon release the list of voice actors and roles they will play - which may be an interesting list ;) we’re also hard at work on adapting the book to DCS as there are things that will need to be changed (like the missions over Iraq that won’t be possible to recreate over there due to limitations of the PG map).

Stay tuned for more infor!

Niiiiice! Will be buying this for sure!

:thumbup:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We’re excited for it! Day 1 buy for sure! Thanks for doing it!

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

Thanks! On mission 9 out of 15 now.

Great! :thumbup: i will buy it when it´s out!

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

• 8 months later...

Hello Guys. Been looking all over for some help as the frustration is getting to me.

Hoping to finally get an answer here.

I'm having an issue on mission 3. I've flown it a dozen times and can't seem to drop the J-28 on target. It consistently falls just beyond the compound wall in the same location every time.

Aside from the LAT LON coordinates given, I don't understand the rest of the instructions and can't figure out if he is giving the Elevation somewhere and I'm just missing it. I read the documentation that come with the campaign, but it's basically just a glossary of words.

I'm also only given 6 by 6 coordinates instead of 8 by 8, again, not sure if I'm missing something.

I even bought the book hoping it will help me understand some of the phraseology. I do like the Idea of reading the book and then flying some missions, it's definitely something new, but I am a bit of a perfectionist and want to complete all the tasks I can by myself, hence re-flying the mission over and over trying to hit the compound myself. But I can't find the missing link, and I would now really like to complete this mission and start moving on...

So help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

J3tBl4st

Hello Guys. Been looking all over for some help as the frustration is getting to me.

I'm having an issue on mission 3. I've flown it a dozen times and can't seem to drop the J-28 on target. It consistently falls just beyond the compound wall in the same location every time.

Aside from the LAT LON coordinates given, I don't understand the rest of the instructions and can't figure out if he is giving the Elevation somewhere and I'm just missing it. I read the documentation that come with the campaign, but it's basically just a glossary of words.

I'm also only given 6 by 6 coordinates instead of 8 by 8, again, not sure if I'm missing something.

I even bought the book hoping it will help me understand some of the phraseology. I do like the Idea of reading the book and then flying some missions, it's definitely something new, but I am a bit of a perfectionist and want to complete all the tasks I can by myself, hence re-flying the mission over and over trying to hit the compound myself. But I can't find the missing link, and I would now really like to complete this mission and start moving on...

Regards

J3tBl4st

Do you have a litening pod on board? If so try using it to fine tune the target designation. Remember to put the j-28 into TOO mode

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

Regards

J3tBl4st

I missed the first time, but it was because I dropped late. The second time I hit it. I used PP mode and entered the seventh and eighth digits as zeroes for both lat and long. Hope that helps.

I've also been using zeros after the given coordinates. I'll give it another try just now. Thanks.

I created a steerpoint using the coordinates given by the jtac and then refined the aimpoint with the tgp.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png