M2K Red Flag Campaign

Horns

Hi BD, I saw a comment you made last July about making a Red Flag campaign for the Mirage 2000 in NTTR where visiting UAE Mirages participate. Do you still plan to release this campaign, and if so, do you expect to release it in the first half of this year?

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Thanks, much appreciated :)

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

Hey JM1, thanks for the interest! Most of the info on the campaign is gathered here in this thread. I am waiting for a few small bugs to be solved by ED and RAZBAM and I will send ot to ED for internal tests, so I dare say definitely in the first half of 2018.

Thanks so much for the quick reply and link. Really appreciate the political ‘what if’ plots you weave into these campaigns, will keep a lookout for this

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

An update - I am test - flying all the missions in 2.5 one last time before sending them to ED for internal tests. Already got to no.10 out of 16, so chances are good that I’ll be able to wrap it up next week. As for the final release it is up to ED longer development plan, but we’re almost there. Cheers!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 4 months later...

Give it some time, ED probably still needs to unlock it in the Module Manager, or push the update that contains it.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Yes its available to DL.

Small problem. 2nd mission the page with most of the relevant radio / timing info doesn't show up on my kneeboard.

It works on 1st mission like so

attachment.php?attachmentid=188022&stc=1&d=1529512404

However I just started the 2nd mission and I get a blank page on my kneeboard.

attachment.php?attachmentid=188021&stc=1&d=1529512404

There doesn't appear to be a copy of these PDFs in the campaign folder either otherwise I would just reference that.

Edit: Just noticed that screenshot was from the training. Point still stands though.

Edit 2: Ran a repair, seems to have fixed it. But just for the record oh my god the radios!!! I love you BD but I also hate you so much right now lol

Screen_180620_172952.thumb.jpg.fc6bb0f2e1950aee56588b920cf0657d.jpg

Screen_180602_071706.thumb.jpg.dfa7417f39ec34472f6fee47d297e0c7.jpg

Edited by Hatefury

Yes its available to DL.

Small problem. 2nd mission the page with most of the relevant radio / timing info doesn't show up on my kneeboard.

It works on 1st mission like so

attachment.php?attachmentid=188022&stc=1&d=1529512404

However I just started the 2nd mission and I get a blank page on my kneeboard.

attachment.php?attachmentid=188021&stc=1&d=1529512404

There doesn't appear to be a copy of these PDFs in the campaign folder either otherwise I would just reference that.

Edit: Just noticed that screenshot was from the training. Point still stands though.

Edit 2: Ran a repair, seems to have fixed it. But just for the record oh my god the radios!!! I love you BD but I also hate you so much right now lol

So - as for the docs, link added.

As for the kneeboard - I noticed it as well that the first doc sometimes is empty. But it is enough to go a few pages left and everything should be there.

Radios... Mmm... radios. I love the radios and frequencies :)

Purchasing this as soon as I get home! Boy was it fun to test all of this and finally see it out live! Great job! I've been searching the store for it for the last 3 months!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Yea, I love the way you incorporate so much radio traffic and force us to switch around. It really adds to the feeling of actually taking part in something rather than just playing a mission. Really impressive so far.

Downloaded, flew the first mission, enjoyed it a lot!

Two things I learned which I probably knew already:

1) Baltic_Dragon is a radio fetishist, and probably has a secret dungeon full of radios, all tuned to different frequencies.

2) I thought I was OK with the Mirage 2000 HSI and INS, but now I'm 100% that's incorrect. I have no idea how to add or interpret the rho/theta information given to find Charlie or to work out the TACAN offset. A glance over the manual is due before moving on, else

will chew me out.

Is it going to be available on OB as well? I just switched to OB, so wondering if I should I change back to stable or wait a bit.

Edit: Solved. For some reason, it was not showing up on my DCS. Tried the OB 2.5.2.1836 and Stable 2.5.0, then got back to OB once I realized thats the correct version. Still nothing. Had to follow this: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/400/#1683443 and run a .bat with the module.

Edited by joca133

Yes, found it on OB after adding through bat, something bugged in my verification since it randomly asks me to activate again certain modules. But all fixed now.

I just flew my first mission after going back to the last training (intro to red flag) and it seems even better than the original campaign. I finished the caucasus campaign last week and thought I had it all figured, but boy it takes a savant to remember the radio channels, and checking them on kneeboard whilst flying is challenging. I love it, adds realism beyond anything I have seen, requires a lot of planning ahead. Another great work, and the fact that there is a conflict brewing in the middle east makes me eager for what will come next. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to know the top scores for every mission? For instance I have finished two/three times mission #1 with 50 points (I'm a newbie...) but I can't tell if my score is very low or it is somehow good. This would be a good reason to repeat one mission trying harder and not feel 'safe' just for finishing it.

I can post it but the maximum result os always 100, minimum is 50 which means repeating the mission. Make sure to play NTTR training mission 10 and read campaign imformation for mission 1.

Also, there is a difference between results and score.

Results are deternined by mission builder and connected to achievements during the mission (fulfilling primary task, secondary etc)

Score is awarded by game based on kills or damage you inflict to the enemy, almost impossible to give the highest number here.

And finally remember that in order for the campaign to progress you need to fulfill at least one task and then land (or call bingo and land) contacting Approach and Tower using F10 or Space Bar (as described in the mission).

Enjoy!

(sorry for typos - using my phone)