Vietnam War - POLL

Hueyman

Vietnam War - POLL  

1091 members have voted

1. 1. Vietnam War - POLL

• Yes, it would create a new dimension to the DCS World simulator
    • No, I prefer 3rds to still work on aircrafts, and to fly in the same old Caucasus

yeah I know its a long shot but hey, if you don't ask, you don't get!!

What do we have?

- Huey

- Mig 21 underconstruction

- A7II under construction (halted I think)

- F100D under construction

What do we want?

- Vietnam map (minimum)

- the above under construction a/c to be completed

- atleast 1 additional NVAF a/c eg. Mig 19

- atleast 1 additional USAF a/c eg. F105 for long range bombing. The F100Ds were I think initially used for long range missions to Hanoi (Route I) but brought back to fly CAS missions in SVN and the burden taken up by F105s as FBs and F4s as CAP although I could be wrong.

- atleast 1 FAC a/c ie. OV1 or OV10 (OV1 is more basic). I know lots of players who love providing FAC duties.

So thats what...1 large map, 3 a/c (1 minimal you'd think ie. OV1). Remember this is 1960s a/c which didn't have TGPs, smart weapons and all that sort of stuff so HOPEFULLY it would require less dev time.

Anyway, there's a demand for it. Just want the devs to know.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

What do we have?

- Huey

What do we want?

- Vietnam map (minimum)

- atleast 1 additional USAF a/c eg. F105 for long range bombing. The F100Ds were I think initially used for long range missions to Hanoi (Route I) but brought back to fly CAS missions in SVN and the burden taken up by F105s as FBs and F4s as CAP although I could be wrong.

- atleast 1 FAC a/c ie. OV1 or OV10 (OV1 is more basic). I know lots of players who love providing FAC duties.

So thats what...1 large map, 3 a/c (1 minimal you'd think ie. OV1). Remember this is 1960s a/c which didn't have TGPs, smart weapons and all that sort of stuff so HOPEFULLY it would require less dev time.

+1 have to give it a thumbs up here!

Win 7 HE / GigaByte Z68AP-D3 / i5-2500K 3.30 GHz / 16Gb RAM / GTX 570 2.5GB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

added L-19 BIRD DOG and Cessna A-37 Dragonfly :)
Oh, darn, how could I have forgotten the A-37B. I think there were a few more that I forgot as well like the An-2, C-141A and C-5A. To be honest, I really want all of the aircraft flyable and multiplayer to work with hundreds of players able to log in and fly simultaneously. I would really just fly a few of the types like the F-105D/F/G, OV-10A, CH-53B/C, C-130A/B/E, F-4B/C/D/E/J, F-111A, and A-6A/B. I like flying against other human pilots due to the fact that you never know what another player is really going to do.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

What do we have?

- Huey

What do we want?

- Vietnam map (minimum)

+1, excellent ! Wish that happen ASAP

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Well, you can't have Thud Ridge without the Thud. The F-105D/F/G is a must have for any map covering North Vietnam. Of course you would have to have the F-4B/C/D/E/J, F-8E/H/J, F-104C, F-102A, EB-66E, A-1E/H/J, A-4E/F, A-7B/C/E, A-6A/B, F-111A, KA-3B, EKA-3B, RA-5C, RF-4C, B-52D/F/G, CH-53B/C/D, MiG-21PF, MiG-17F, and MiG-19P. For the war in the south we would need (in addition to a few of the types previously listed) the O-1E, O-2A, OV-10A, F-100C/D/F, UH-1B/C/D, CH-54A/B, CH-47A, OH-6A, AC-130A, AC-47A, C-130A/B/E, C-7A/B, C-123B/K, NC-123K, AC-119G/K, AH-1G and AP-2H. The map would also have to include more than Just North and south Vietnam but also Cambodia, Laos, Thailand a considerable part of the Gulf of Tonkin and South China Sea as well.

To be honest I meant a modern recreation of it, more to explore the map's possibilities as a stand in. In other words, recreate the missions with the closest modern equivalent of the aircraft. Biggest shortcoming is that there's no flyable fast fighter-bomber.

For a historical 'nam, I think for starters a map and one flyable aircraft does the cut - after all, we started with only the Flanker and look where we are now :)

One of the most important features for immersion is a good selection of AI aircraft. If we have that then slowly add more that'd be wonderful.

I think we'll have something made as soon as EDGE and the map SDKs are out, this is something a lot of people have been dreaming of.

• 4 months later...

Been dreaming of a realistic Vietnam Era sim for as long as I can remember. It would be amazing to fly this super realistic Huey in a beautiful Vietnam terrain. The challenges would be endless. Tough landings on tiny LZs, bad weather flying in mountainous terrain, medevac, close air support....

From what I understand - the Cobra is already being made. If they added the "Loach" - a dedicated Vietnam terrain/campaign would really be worth doing! Then you have the Mig-21 being made F-86, etc....

I doubt it will ever happen but damn it would be so amazing.

I cannot even imagine what it would be... I would lock me down to my bedroom and play it until I'm blind ...

I'm dreaming of such flight sim in Vietnam Era as long as I'm in love with the Huey, since I'm 7...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Same as Hueyman

The UH-1H has really captured my imagination and I can not wait for the AH-1G a Vietnam map would be the icing on the cake.

We can only hope

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Same as Hueyman

The UH-1H has really captured my imagination and I can not wait for the AH-1G a Vietnam map would be the icing on the cake.

We can only hope

well said Hueyman and BIGNEWY :thumbup:

Me too....I absolutely love the Huey module. Now with sling loads and what looks like troop carrying too (take a look at the end of the cargo carrying manual and it states - Helicopter Assault (Airlift Delivery) WIP :D), the only thing missing for it now is a Vietnam map.

Hopefully someday soon........

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Interesting poll choices. Indicating that you do not want ED to focus on a Vietnam map is synonymous with not wanting any new maps.

:doh:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Where is that manual?

Link to post where you can download the PDF

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2035161&postcount=5

• Like 1

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Same as Hueyman

We can only hope

totally agree! the Huey (and AH-1G) with a 'Nam map would be fantastic!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 2 weeks later...
Fall of Saigon would make for a pretty awesome Huey mission. Having to hop from roof to roof to pick up personnel while covering the evacuation at the same time.

Absolutely dude ... so much scenarios we could make with such a Vietnam environment ... Possibilities are virtually endless !

- Troop transports

- Medevac

- Reco

- Close Air Support

- Aerial photography

- Psychological warfare bombing

- Villagers evacuations

- High command VIP transfers

- Resupply FOB

- Artillery piece sling load operations

- Aerial superiority

Etc etc ...

I know and understand DCS doesn't aim for a precise period, and the modules we have now greatly demonstrate that as they have absolutely nothing in common ... But for the first time, we could have " enough " modules to have fun, while trying to stick to history...

UH-1 Huey

Mil Mi-8

F-86 Sabre

AH-1G Cobra

( Announced ) A7 Corsair II

MiG 21 Fishbed ... where all extensively ( well, not Sabre but not that far away .. ) used during the 2nd Indochina conflict.

And who knows what 3rd party devs have in mind right now, add another suitable aircraft to the list could definitely make the change, like a UH-34, F4 Phantom, OH-6 Loach or even a C123 ...

Can't wait to see what EDGE has to offer, and if it bring the possibility to really create the world we want !

I admit I'm a true Vietnam war era and Huey enthusiast, and this has never been really covered in flight simulations, there was Wings Over Vietnam and that's all ... With the rise of DCS WWII : Europe 1944 ( same planes we know really well, thanks to Pacific Fighters, IL-2 1946, Combat Flight Sims series, Cliffs of Dover etc ... ) The lack of serious Vietnam theatre based flight sims really start to lack. It's an interesting one, simply because of the huge versatility of missions and aircrafts used ( from Bronco to Fairchild/Pilatus PC-6, C-130, F-105, Bell 47, huge CH54 Skycrane etc ... )

In the meantime, some other pictures to patient :-)

XhMvRhb.jpg

pA1JItL.jpg

VQEeSv8.jpg

qQ9GT4j.jpg

o6DwoE5.jpg

dKJg7Ew.jpg

ZmczsUD.jpg

Hueyman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i love it to

i wish some one will press the triger for that :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Thanks for sharing those photo's Hueyman. :thumbup:

I'm with you guy's on this 100%. I absolutely love the Huey that Belsimtek have given us and it gets better all the time. Once all the features are implemented then there's only one thing missing......and it's just gonna be crying it's little heart out for...... a Vietnam map.

Something along the lines of the VA server that would be online 24/7 so we can all join in anytime and pick various missions and aircraft to fly within the Vietnam environment.

Awsome............

• 2 weeks later...

A Vietnam map would be beautiful, amazing, and challenging. I really like the fighter planes, on both sides. Each side would have unique challenges, tactics, and objectives. Whether you are simming the use of a Huey, a Phantom, Fresco, or a Fishbed, there would be a high level of difficulty and a unique experience, with each and every add-on craft.

P.S. If a map is made, I hope that the dev team working on the map realistically simulate the formidable North Vietnamese ground control capability and the North Vietnamese surface to air capabilities.

Edited by mjmorrow

- Troop transports

- Medevac

- Reco

- Close Air Support

- Aerial photography

- Psychological warfare bombing

- Villagers evacuations

- High command VIP transfers

- Resupply FOB

- Artillery piece sling load operations

- Aerial superiority

UH-1 Huey

Mil Mi-8

F-86 Sabre

AH-1G Cobra

( Announced ) A7 Corsair II

MiG 21 Fishbed ... where all extensively ( well, not Sabre but not that far away .. ) used during the 2nd Indochina conflict.

1: Why a Vietnam map for that? All of that are things that you can see in every single war since helicopters turned up. Every single one.

2: The Sabre is completely irrelevant for Vietnam. The Mi-8MTV2 flew for the first time in '75, the year the war ended.

I certainly wouldn't mind a Vietnam map, but unless trees have become collidable and blocking the AI's view, it'll be a complete waste of times for obvious reasons, unless they ignore the jungles.

Edited by Scrim