SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Are using a separate sound card for the SimShaker Sound Module to direct the special sound effect files to? By using 2 sound cards, normal DCS sounds go to your speaker system that is being fed by your primary sound card. The special effects vibration files are then directed by the SimShaker module to the second sound card. It is also a good idea to have a power amp for the bass shakers that includes a bass frequency filter (crossover frequency adjustment) that you can adjust to cut-off certain frequencies from going to the bass shakers.

The buttkicker has an amp with high low cutoffs already. I am using the sound card on the motherboard which is supposed to be pretty good. Also the Voicemeeter software is supposed to allow virtual soundcards to split the sound but I cant get it to work properly either.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

I have no experience with Voicemeeter, so I can't offer any advice on that issue. I will be using a separate external USB sound card ($15) solely for feeds from the SimShaker Sound Module directly to my bass shaker.

ya I may have to do the same. The voices causing vibration in TS or Discord is annoying.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

ya I may have to do the same. The voices causing vibration in TS or Discord is annoying.

Have a look at this thread, which hopefully might be of some assistance.

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/showthread.php?5893-Setting-up-a-Buttkicker-(or-other-transducers)

I've set up my software pretty much as explained and it seems to be working fine. I'm not using SRS so I can't test that at this time.

Cheers

KB

SimShaker Wings is not for DCS.

Please refer to this guide https://simshaker.com/guides/cases/

I ordered the Simshaker sound module and I have the Aviator module downloaded as well.

Also I have the same issue as the other user about the F18 and F16 afterburner effect being very subtle or even nothing at all when in cockpit view. If I go to external view behind the plane then the effect is very strong. The F14 afterburner effect has a very strong feel in the cockpit though.

Edited by BMGZ06

Also I have the same issue as the other user about the F18 and F16 afterburner effect being very subtle or even nothing at all when in cockpit view. If I go to external view behind the plane then the effect is very strong. The F14 afterburner effect has a very strong feel in the cockpit though.

I think that indicates you have got your bass-shaker driven rather by the game sound than by SimShaker Sound Module due to some kind of misconfiguration.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

G’day all. I have just purchased a Buttkicker and Also Simshaker Wings To run it. Question I have is do I also need the Simshaker Sound Module as well?

CPU i7 7700K

CPU Cooler Corsair H115i

GPU GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

Mobo Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming

RAM 32GB DDR4 3200

OS Win10 x64 Pro

Kit TM Warthog, TM Pedals, Oculus CK1, ButtKicker Gamer 2 and then there is the pit

Cheers mate. Using for DCS mainly. Didn’t read enough by the looks of it and made an assumption on Simshaker Wings

Edited by Donny

CPU i7 7700K

CPU Cooler Corsair H115i

RAM 32GB DDR4 3200

OS Win10 x64 Pro

Kit TM Warthog, TM Pedals, Oculus CK1, ButtKicker Gamer 2 and then there is the pit

I freaking love this program. I’ve got one bass shaker under my seat (custom built ejector seat thing) and will soon be adding another but kicker to the back board of the seat and a third one to the pedal box, when I get to a good point in my pit build I’ll put a link here. Basically this program has revolutionised dcs for me, so thank you a million times to the creators

I have one question. I’ve been getting momentary pauses when I play the game, I think it’s a dcs thing cause it’s only started in the last 2 updates. I have another thread about that so don’t worry im not about to start here, I just wanted to check if anyone has had any lag/pause/freeze issues while using ssa and the module?

Just thought I’d put a feeler out there and see

And also.

If you are thinking about getting this program and a bass shaker for your dcs setup

You absolutely should.

In a high g low speed BFM fight in a cat, feeling her shake and rattle under you while you try best your opponent is just insane

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

First test run tonight with the Buttkicker and it was amazing. Great easy to use program combined with SS for Aviators. Many thanks lads for the effort gone into this. Well worth it for anyone considering it. Anyone out there keen on sharing their settings now.

CPU i7 7700K

CPU Cooler Corsair H115i

RAM 32GB DDR4 3200

OS Win10 x64 Pro

any ideas? happened after new motherboard/cpu. i did a re-install on shaker and soundmodule. it works but i have this message in red. thanks

Thank you for using SimShaker software!

Visit me at https://andres.shop to find more interesting offers!

Happy flying :)

15:42:19.925 SimShaker Sound Module | Version 2.14

15:42:19.990 Something's got wrong while network interface searching! Selected NIC 0 to continue.

Error: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)

at SimShaker_Sound_Module.MainWindow.checkActivation()

Maybe that's due to some Windows recent update. I don't get this error at my PC.

Either way, I think that's not mission critical error wich do not affect the performance. Windows returned some unexpected result about your PC network interfaces. SimShaker Sound Module used a workaround and continued to work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre, software just updated, donI need to re enter my serial number? Also, seems to have reset all my effects to 50%...... anyway to retrieve my old settings please?if not, that’s a pain and perhaps you should add an option for users to save their settings before an auto update...?

Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi Mark,

in general, there is no need to register SimShaker Sound Module again ufter update.

I'm not responsible for SimShaker for Aviators settings. It was recommended by f4l0 in SimShaker for Aviators thread plenty of times to make the backup (export) of the settings. SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0 already features exporting settings in the File menu.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, thanks, will look into that....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

G’day Andre. Can confirm that prior to windows update, everything was fine, since the update, Simshaker sound module not working with the same errors as other users.

CPU i7 7700K

CPU Cooler Corsair H115i

RAM 32GB DDR4 3200

OS Win10 x64 Pro

The error has accelerated, lol. Now sound module quits about 10 minutes into the game and if I try to close and restart it my screen is taken over by "Oops! Something's got wrong at UDP send: Only one usage of each socket address ", etc. I think it has gone into demo mode.

Same error as listed above in sartzsche' post.

Edit: What I say taken over, I mean just that. A thousand or more little "Oops" screns are plastered everywhere.

Further Edit: It does not say that it is in demo mode but I cannot get more than 10 minutes out of it.

Edited by Miles Vorkosigan