Hawk T2 - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the T2 be the aircraft new players will fly in their first experience of DCS?
Yes, it would be a good entry aircraft to try DCS 31 70.45%
No, DCS should stick to the current available aircraft for players' first impressions of the game 13 29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2020, 04:11 PM   #21
Luft Waffel

I think the carrier ops in DCS also really shines and is best experienced with the super-carrier which a newcomer wouldn't have access to leaving their impression of carrier ops to that with the basic legacy stennis carrier.
Luft Waffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:45 PM   #22
ngreenaway

I think the l-39 has a lot going for it. It's already a tried& true module . It's mature, no longer going thru the growing pains of a new module, which makes it good for introducing to new players.
Hawk would be nice, but given limited resources to develop new aircraft, I'd say there's higher priorities for the community than yet another trainer aircraft

I have less than zero interest in bringing in yet *another* carrier aircraft

If I had a pick of what would be best suited for new players, it would be to make the a-4 community mod official and have it take the place of the su-25. It's full clicky, it's mild mannered, has plenty of systems to manage without becoming overwhelming for new players. For those who care, it can be used with a carrier. Unlike the l-39, it can be used for AAR

But regardless of which way the poll goes , EDs gonna do what they're gonna do

With that being said, if it gives new players a better experience than the su-25, I don't care if they get an aircraft free that I already paid for )shrug(

Modules: All of them
System:
Spoiler:
I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE
ngreenaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 01:15 AM   #23
Evoman

There was a question in the latest interview with ED @1:27:55 about a new free aircraft that would be better suited for newcomers. It seems like ED has already been in serious discussions about it.

Evoman is offline   Reply With Quote