[RESOLVED]Spitfire broken in multiplayer

Maffers

• 2 weeks later...
Is the Spit now fixed or not? there is no Notes in the Patch?

Apparently, everybody stopped caring and testing :)

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

• 2 weeks later...
...or you just get in and try it, as the rest of us did and found out by doing.

To be honest, I gave up checking too Fenrir.

Nice to know it's back.. but it is a but odd to find this out from other customers and not the people who sold me the product.

Still, if it works, I shall also let people know. It's good news, irrespective of how it is ultimately delivered.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

...or you just get in and try it, as the rest of us did and found out by doing.

On all the servers that stopped allowing people to fly it? How about if someone had let them know so that it was available again? Would that have been so bad?

The way the Spitfire (and therefore its owners) has been treated as a module by the developers is worse than the Hawk. I expect better from a first party module, God forbid they should actually finish it and allow us to carry a fuel tank and a bomb/rockets as was teased when it was released.

• ED Team

The fuel tanks and bombs are still being worked on, I will try and get an update.

EDIT:

Multiplayer spitfire issue is fixed, not sure why it was not added to the change log. Sorry about that.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On all the servers that stopped allowing people to fly it? How about if someone had let them know so that it was available again? Would that have been so bad?

Burning Skies had registered the fix and updated within 24hrs.

Again, if the issue was that important, you'd test it. I have every hotfix. Much slips through that doesn't get covered in the notes, some for good reason as NEWY suggests.

We run a version of 2.5 OpenBeta (I think that some of you need to be reminded that those 2 words, Open Beta, suggests there will be stuff that needs fixing). Ergo, every time a patch or hotfix rolls out I test those elements they think they've fixed if I can but also test some of those previously bugged elements of that they haven't announced a fix for just in case.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who operates the 2.5 Open Beta in the frame of mind of a Beta Tester.

The way the Spitfire (and therefore its owners) has been treated as a module by the developers is worse than the Hawk. I expect better from a first party module, God forbid they should actually finish it and allow us to carry a fuel tank and a bomb/rockets as was teased when it was released.

Maybe have something to do with the release of 2.5 taking prority perhaps?

Or the fact that their Lead was terminally ill?

Getting your knickers in a twist over lack of drop tanks and bombs is a waste of energy. The stuffs coming. In the interim the Spitfire is emminently playable and thoroughly enjoyable as is.

Sure I welcome some expansion of it's capability but to lump it in the same breath as the admittedly problematic Hawk is ridiculous.

Sure I welcome some expansion of it's capability but to lump it in the same breath as the admittedly problematic Hawk is ridiculous.

..and some people who always complain.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5