Why Christen Eagle II?

Dolphin887

This plane in DCS is equivalent to going to McDowell's to buy a veggie burger.

That being said, I bought it simply because I can afford it and I want to support one of the best 3rd party teams in this game. I hope you guys will continue doing the grill now that you have this out of your system.

Best wishes!

So, after all this arguments "if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it, why do you care?" and BANG! +2GB up my DCS\CoreMods folder. How do you feel about that?

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

No guns no bombs no fancy smachy istruments you learn to fly get good then the war birds and jets will be a snap to fly. After all all military pilots first learn basic flight and master the basics of aerobatic flight in a prop job first. This is the best (next to the Huey) bird in DCS

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

No guns no bombs no fancy smachy istruments you learn to fly get good then the war birds and jets will be a snap to fly. After all all military pilots first learn basic flight and master the basics of aerobatic flight in a prop job first. This is the best (next to the Huey) bird in DCS

And, I always figured that the combat pilot returns home from deployment and whoops out their experimental kit plane on the weekends to fly from the local airfield for fun. That's how I view that CEII in DCS.

• Like 2

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Fine looking passenger you’ve got there EcoDragon! Mine in a single-hole so no such opportunities.

EDIT: Single-hole—as in the plane, not the girl.

She's my ex girlfriend, and one of the only people who I can put through most anything that airplane can do without her throwing in the towel (and this includes airshow types). Her new man doesn't fly aerobatics, but he's understanding about her need for G!

The single seater makes more sense 90% of the time!

Edited by TX-EcoDragon

S! TX-EcoDragon

So what?

If McDowell's has the best veggie burger in town you'd be a damn fool not to try it.

True that. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• 3 months later...

@Dolphin887 Thank you guys so much for bringing us this module.

I mean no offense to anyone, but I don't really understand the people complaining about non-combat aircraft being released for DCS. If ED had developed it maybe you could say they were diverting resources that should have been used for combat stuff, but since it's third party if you don't want it don't buy it.

On the other side of the argument, as near as I've been able to learn DCS is the best flight sim out there for aerobatics thanks to it's amazing flight physics modeling. I also have X-Plane 11 and P3D and though they are great sims for air ordinary flights, as soon as you start getting into "unusual attitudes" things get farther and farther from reality. Many aircraft in those sims won't even stall in a realistic manner, and forget about realistic spins and spin recoveries.

On that note, can we get an "unusual attitude" skin for this aircraft? =D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

If ED had developed it maybe you could say they were diverting resources that should have been used for combat stuff, but since it's third party if you don't want it don't buy it.

It's not that simple. DCS team still has to do some work to support the new aircraft and even if you don't buy it - you still end up with over 4GBs of Christen Eagle's files on your local drive.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

It's not that simple. DCS team still has to do some work to support the new aircraft and even if you don't buy it - you still end up with over 4GBs of Christen Eagle's files on your local drive.

Indeed it isn't that simple, because ED also get a cut of the sales - I expect that to easily compensate for the effort required to integrate the module into DCS.

• 1 year later...

BRILLIANT little plane...

Can’t understand the fuss!  OK, so there’s a world of choice for modules, with plenty in everyone’s individual wish list. This one is totally left field, but an absolute hoot to fly.

pretty sure my prop / taildragger flying skills will massively improve as well

👍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Never considered this plane, but after watching a Grim Reapers review, I think it's my next purchase. And the FM got some love as well from what I've seen.

Looks like a great plane for sightseeing and cloud skiing.

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• 4 weeks later...

It's super fun.  Do it.

Maybe don't try long distance sight seeing flights...  It's a little slow for that...  BUT...  It will chase it's own tale...

It's super fun from an aerobatics perspective :). 

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/14/2023 at 12:23 PM, Tiramisu said:

The Christen Eagle is pretty good for some weird stunts in Dubai like flying through one of those metro stations simply because of its small wingspan.

Or land on small surfaces like helipads. I have not tried it myself, but it seems to be possible in real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-brmk1ua1g

It's just a fun little model in general. You can also do a what if and penitrate an IADS to "insert" a "spy". 

• 8 months later...

I'm not the greatest at aerobatics but I do enjoy a good sky-dance or two!

• Like 3

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Thanks for sharing!  Very nice scenes ))

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2019 at 4:55 PM, rrohde said:

And, I always figured that the combat pilot returns home from deployment and whoops out their experimental kit plane on the weekends to fly from the local airfield for fun. That's how I view that CEII in DCS.

At least it’s slightly more believable than owning a TF-51D on government wages…