Bonus points?

Havoc04

Thanks ED for a perfect solution for the bonusprogram. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Whatever was done, I can't use a single dollar for any module, being old or new. A big fat 0% discount is written for all modules I try to buy. I picked a rather old one, A10C. Not much joy. Again, I don't have much points (36) but this would probably halve the amount to pay for one aircraft. Never understood this system and probably I would never be able to.

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

The most heart-wrenching part is seeing 60 dollars in bonus points, being unable to use them, and knowing that they would be wiped clean in a few months' time. All this after already having lost a fair amount in the past, and having supported ED with multiple games and modules through LOMAC, FC, and DCS:W.

@NineLine ... any plans to convert bonus points to ED miles? Or allow a one last hurrah before we lose the bonus points for good, by allowing us to use the points for higher discounts?

Pretty please???

@NineLine ... any plans to convert bonus points to ED miles? Or allow a one last hurrah before we lose the bonus points for good, by allowing us to use the points for higher discounts?

Pretty please???

Yup. The week before the change to ED miles they are giving us 30% off for bonus points. It’s still not much but they are doing something, they also don’t expire until 1 year after earning or Apr 1 next year.

It’s in this week’s weekend news.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 2 months later...

I got an ED email reminding me my bonus points are gone this month unless I buy something, so it looks like I'll lose $30 cos' right now I'm saving up to prepay the much awaited F16C Viper.

I love ED but can't help feeling hard done by, especially as I spent $135 in 2018. To sum up, my pre-purchase is gonna cost me $30 (lost bonus) + $64 = $94. Surely there's a better way to reward customer loyalty and provide some tlc (goodwill I mean). Let's not forget that we, the armchair pilots are risking our virtual lives every day in the beautiful DCS skies.

I'm done rant over...for now.

I have found the bonus points program very useful, because, if used correctly - it more or less offers a similar amount of "bonus discount" as you would otherwise get knocked off in a sale.

Ensure when you buy something you check the "use bonus" box whenever you can (it's not like you can take them to the grave with you) - and it's not ticked by default.

If memory serves - during a sale, bonuses can't be used, and "new" products are rarely in the sales anyway. (aside from the pre-purchase discount)

All in all, it's saved me about $100 in the 2 years i've owned DCS. I just bought the latest enemy within campaign for $7.99 - $2 off the 9.99 - using a bit of my bonus yesterday.

Im quite sure the bonus points/amount does expire after 12 months of receiving it. If you own all the stuff you want, and the only module(s) you want are "NEW" - and your bonus points are about to expire - that's bad luck. Check the campaigns out or the NS navigation thing if you use the Mi8 or L39 (they fit into VR well)

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.