For the love of your god!

Injerin

'Our Programmer art in programming, hallowed be your game. Your moduleth come, your will be done, on internet as it is in realtime. Give us this year our daily update, and forgive us our wants, as we also have forgiven our not wants. And lead us not into temptation, but please deliver us a F-4 Phantoml.'"

AMEN.

thumb-1920-551434.jpg

RAZBAM you are the ones to do this bird! the only ones I trust to do it, due to I am a huge M2000 fan. (sucking up to you :) ) She is great and perfect to do for DCS only because she was a huge mistake as far as design and construction with a dash of capability. If any bird deserves a place at the DCS table..... at this timeframe, is the F-4. Thank you for hearing my plea.

Edited by Injerin
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the new desktop background!

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

It really is a surprise that it is not already in the game. I can understand the lack of full fidelity Russian 4th gen fighters, there is simply not enough demand. Combine this with the problems with legally researching them and you have a recipe for disaster. Neither of these issues affect the F-4... It honestly, from the outside, seems like there is a conspiracy against it. There just appears to be no reason why someone wouldn't have already picked it up. It just seems like the perfect module, that we don't have...

For now, let's be happy with what we have.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

The resolution is too low for that, sadly :(

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

It really is a surprise that it is not already in the game. I can understand the lack of full fidelity Russian 4th gen fighters, there is simply not enough demand. Combine this with the problems with legally researching them and you have a recipe for disaster. Neither of these issues affect the F-4... It honestly, from the outside, seems like there is a conspiracy against it. There just appears to be no reason why someone wouldn't have already picked it up. It just seems like the perfect module, that we don't have...

For now, let's be happy with what we have.

Lack of unclassified documentation maybe and other stuff.

on ma mobile

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Amen.

I believe the infancy of multicrew might have been a blocker thus far, given development times run into years. Just saying. Still waiting for BST to get running on their Huey and Mi8 after the release of ED's dual seat.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

"it only flies because it's so ugly even gravity is afraid of it"......

My favorite quote on what is my favorite jet of all time. I understand the jet is not quite in keeping with the times, but someone could have pumped out a G model WW for use as an FC3 plane and folks would have gone crazy over it. We haven't got a Western WW plane and won't until Hornet comes out, and I mean aside from modded AC of course. The G could still carry it's Sparrows and Sidewinders too!!

My wish list is CH-53, Tomcat, some others.....but at the top is this plane. Please let our prayers be answered.....Help us RAZBAM and Heat Blur!!!!

~Rob

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more, the Phantom is as much of an icon as the P-51 or F-14 for it's era. It really is a must have in the sim, barring any legal complications or lack of access to subject material.

We'd just have to have a massive forum war over which model of the Phantom we want :lol:

• Like 1

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

Lack of unclassified documentation maybe and other stuff.

on ma mobile

or rather Multi crew complicates things,m and the fact many other modules have to be postponed by other 3rd parties ( like the Rabzam F15E or a Av8B +) until ED releases the F/a18C and makes the A/G radar code avialable within the SDK.

Information isn't really an issue for US phantoms IIRC. Just look at Milviz F4E and S. full fidelty phantoms. Only limitation is the fact its built in a older engine, and one thats oriented around civ aircraft, so weapons employment wont be as authentic i suppose given that combat aircraft within needed a mod called tacpack to employ weaponry.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Its probably getting developed in ED's skunkworks, if not why isnt it in any 3rd party's list or even wishlist?:huh:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

LOL :megalol: :megalol:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

You would indeed think so...

I can't see ground radar code being an issue, the only ground radar it had was an ability to lock a

bore-sighted radar beam and use it for A-G ranging.

Same thing with multi-crew, it is already implemented in 3rd party and ED projects. So I don't see it being an issue.

The thing to keep an eye on is what Leatherneck is "cooking", though that will most likely not be the F-4.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

You would indeed think so...

I can't see ground radar code being an issue, the only ground radar it had was an ability to lock a

bore-sighted radar beam and use it for A-G ranging.

Same thing with multi-crew, it is already implemented in 3rd party and ED projects. So I don't see it being an issue.

The thing to keep an eye on is what Leatherneck is "cooking", though that will most likely not be the F-4.

the F4's A/G radar mode is more than jut for ranging. It has a A/g terrain mapping mode. So yes A/G code will an issue for 3rd parties that arent Heatblur ( formerly Leatherneck) until the Hornet releases.

ED may technically have "multircrew" for the L39, but not an AI to help manage systems when you are in the front cockpit. Its not nessary for simple trainer, but is more nessary for a fully capable combat jet. HEATblur is still working on this for thier F14, and they are not entitled to share their very own code with other 3rd parties for the SDK.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

why go read discussions when you can post a new thread and make the discussion come to you? :music_whistling:

imo if we want to discuss and share info about the f-4, we should just take it down to chitchat because no amount of lobbying here gets us any closer to a released module -- its popularity is already well known, and any lack of visible action would not be for lack of enthusiasm.

Edited by probad

the F4's A/G radar mode is more than jut for ranging. It has a A/g terrain mapping mode. So yes A/G code will an issue for 3rd parties that arent Heatblur ( formerly Leatherneck) until the Hornet releases.

ED may technically have "multircrew" for the L39, but not an AI to help manage systems when you are in the front cockpit. Its not nessary for simple trainer, but is more nessary for a fully capable combat jet. HEATblur is still working on this for thier F14, and they are not entitled to share their very own code with other 3rd parties for the SDK.

That is some interesting and pleasant news! Not for any release dates of course. And talking about the AI, I don't think that it would be too difficult to implement. Maybe add some easy bind-able commands like "lock what's in bore-sight" or a row of configurations from the comms menu. As far as i know the pilot should also be able to operate the radar. So the aircraft would technically work with 1 crew member, but lose a lot of efficiency.

Of course correct me if I'm wrong, I would like to get rid of my misconceptions as fast as possible.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]