F-14A/B DEVELOPMENT UPDATE #1 – 21/03/2015

Cobra847

In my opinion I would not feel the module would be complete if it did not have A-G capabilities modeled. That's just how I would feel.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people do great work, I look foward to all of your projects, once all the bugs are worked out of the Mig-21 in my opinion it will amazingly be the one of the best sim aircraft available, and that says a lot considering all the high quality products available.

Well 1/2 of the F-14Bs life was spent as a multi-role strike aircraft and most of the combat missions it flew were strike missions.... Not to mention DCS doesn't have a single multi-role aircraft released(yet). As I said I'll fly it either way but I really hope the incorporate some strike ability...

Half of ALL F-14s lives were spent in the A-G role. The F-14B didn't switch first, F-14 squadrons were training and dropping dumb bombs in the early 1990s, even if they didn't do it on cruise until Bosnia with buddy lasing, and then Desert Fox with their own LANTIRN.

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

https://www.csg-1.com/

DCS F-14 Pilot/RIO Discord:

https://discord.gg/6bbthxk

• 7 months later...

None yet unfortunately. I'm sure they have their hands full with the Mig. I'm hopeful that once 1.5 makes it out of beta. 2.0 comes up to beta, and receives compatibility with the Georgia map. They'll be able to get an announcement ready.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Cobra, when we do get an update could you please let us know if the F-14B will be AG capable. All F-14Bs were strike aircraft from the 90s on(not many F-14Ds were made). I really would love to see that incorporated and many of us are wondering: )… I'll be getting it day one either way I'll just be a little less excited if it's AA only lol

According to their website it states, "Ground Attack capability will be included in the -B Tomcat, however the exact sensor package and ordinance available is yet to be decided. It is possible that we will expand the available ordinance or equipment after release to encompass more of the F-14’s later capability."

About 2/3 of the page down http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/f14/

Punk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...
Patience is the key.

Check his post history...the past few days he has primarily trolled thread to thread asking Heatblur "When will it be available?!" over and over again in odd ways, or bitching about not having an update, as if he truly believes if he's annoying enough someone will care enough to answer him.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Check his post history...the past few days he has primarily trolled thread to thread asking Heatblur "When will it be available?!" over and over again in odd ways, or bitching about not having an update, as if he truly believes if he's annoying enough someone will care enough to answer him.

Very not cool

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

So any idea when the bird will go online ? Sorry but old film scenes and some music is getting boring as information source. Christmas yes ? Or more NO ?

Like Cobra said:

"As mentioned in various community outlets recently; we’re also hoping to do a “Road to Release” type update soon, where we can better update you on the state of the F-14, our current projections for release and what is left to do until we consider the aircraft to be feature complete for Early Access.".....

Don´t expect it this year. They don´t know yet, when it will be finished enough for EA. Announcement, PreSale, Prerelease...You really think, you can get it this year? :lol:

Like Cobra said:

"As mentioned in various community outlets recently; we’re also hoping to do a “Road to Release” type update soon, where we can better update you on the state of the F-14, our current projections for release and what is left to do until we consider the aircraft to be feature complete for Early Access.".....

Don´t expect it this year. They don´t know yet, when it will be finished enough for EA. Announcement, PreSale, Prerelease...You really think, you can get it this year? :lol:

Ok...hoped..a bit...yes

Ok...hoped..a bit...yes

No not this year. Check the history of releases.

Early access presale comes out about 30 days prior to early access release.

Being as it is Dec. 6 and no presale yet the release will not be this year, maybe Jan.

Why does everyone want Heatblur to rush the product? DCS, I believe has set a reputation for releasing the best product every time. It earned this reputation in large part because of the time it was willing to commit to making this happen instead of getting so wrapped in arbitrary deadlines.

Besides, we have plenty of superb modules coming up to occupy our time - AV-8B and F/A-18C.

Why does everyone want Heatblur to rush the product? DCS, I believe has set a reputation for releasing the best product every time. It earned this reputation in large part because of the time it was willing to commit to making this happen instead of getting so wrapped in arbitrary deadlines.

Besides, we have plenty of superb modules coming up to occupy our time - AV-8B and F/A-18C.

I still Think we will get f14 Before f18 ^^

I guess you understand that, if u want to eat a steak in a diner and somebody offers you eggs, that it is not a satisfying situation ?

:-)

I would not say RUSH... no not realy..that is not rushing

No not this year. Check the history of releases.

Early access presale comes out about 30 days prior to early access release.

Being as it is Dec. 6 and no presale yet the release will not be this year, maybe Jan.

Yes, just in need to plan the xmas spendings . No F14, no 2.5... ok..spending money elsewhere :-)

First flight of a tomcat 21 dez 1974 ? i say coming pre order. And end januar coming early access ;)

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

@adde oke :O

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!